Removing Height Restrictions

Perhaps I should just remove my posts, because every time someone reads it, they will stop there, and not read on to the responses. I already had to defend the reasoning behind my thoughts several times yesterday, and it gave me a major migraine headache. Now regardless if it's the air pressure changes, or simply having to restate the same thing over and over again, I don't know but I'm done.

I said my piece about how someone would take offense over something stupid in game, which is why most Jappanese companies censor anything sent to western audiences, in some way shape of form, and stated that I didn't agree with it. In some cases, those decisions get reversed do to fan feed back, but the company needs to be prepared to ignore the offended people that would never spend a dime on the game in the first place.

My post was merely to give people an understanding, so that they would have one possible explanation, so that they wouldn't be so confused as to why about a foot of height was taken off in either direction. Then someone goes on to talking about how a symbol, a simple shape is bad, thus making my point about stupid reasons to get offended. So this will be my only post to stay up, so that you will stop quoting the original, to bring up an hour's old debate, that is at this point moot. So I'm wiping my other posts.

Lastly, in regards to the Vulperia, it's a pretty cute design though. I say that feeling like someone is going to tear that opinion apart next.

Great, more strawmanning and projecting too. I can't handle this, I'm taking another break from these forums.

Anarchy simply missing the point in the replies he's given and keeps restating his stance despite others saying it doesn't apply to PSO2 due to it's old community and the difference in how the game is handled.

And deleting messages just serves to confuse the point both sides are attempting to make- so yes. Maybe it is best if you just let it go.

No one is going to tear your opinion about Vulperia- different community than the one that cares.

No one can say what applies and what doesn't because none of us know whats really going on nor can we predict what will happen depending on certain choices made. One thing ive noticed about this thread is that if your opinion doesn't align with the majority here that's an issue. End of the day neither side should treat this situation like we know 100% whats going on with this. Because we don't, as others have stated

Exactly. All I gave was a possibility, and people proceeded to try and correct my hypothesis, even hours after I stopped posting. I restored the posts. Lets see how long it takes for someone else to get bent out of shape by what I thought might be the cause, for something none of us has the answer for.

It's a hypothesis that doesn't make it to theory stages because all examples go against what you're saying. You're looking at outrage of very different games. Find an MMO even half as niche as PSO that has had any public outcry about it. - sure games self censor themselves all the time- But what games that are picked up and actually yelled about all have something in common that PSO does not have. . That's what is being said- everything you are trying to use to make a point infact goes against your point. It's just a very different thing. Would say the burden of proof is still on you to provide a worthy example of when anything like this happened.

The ESRB is ruled out, so in my opinion, the call is coming from inside the house. Someone involved with this project thought imposing some arbitrary height restriction would be a good thing to do for some nonsensical reason. Maybe they misunderstood their demographic and thought fans would find very short characters out of place or stupid looking... although there are auxiliaries so yeah, doesnt even accomplish that.

At this point we can only ask the GMs to relay fans requests to remove the limitation, but considering its been a while now and the poll they said they would set up would still hasnt been created, Im skeptical if anything will change.

@MoldyAsp33874 Well considering that I stumbled upon an as of now locked comment thread in these forums about height censorship, dating back to Feburary, that was locked due to one guy saying that censorship should stay, (do to very ridiculous reasoning, the very same reasoning I stated was why SEGA had opted to censor height) and him even going so far as to link a YouTube video, my hypothesis isn't too far fetched. He insulted those that, like any rational person, had issues with censorship, and granted it was one person, but how many of those people are in these forums, that play this game? Sure, they pale in comparison to the user base that showed up on PC launch day, but they do exist.

The forum post is literally titled, Censorship, which said post was the same as the core of this one, to return the height to what it was. A GM had to lock the thread because the user in question, that said censorship should stay, was violating this site's very rules, and others in that forum, that wanted the height restored to JP defaults, had called for it to be locked as an end result. The issue with height isn't new, and has already been seen by the GM's, but it's up to SEGA themselves to decide what to do. Numbers don't lie, and had the game worked as intended for PC players at launch, the game would still have higher numbers than what it currently has as of now. So maybe that will be enough to get SEGA to listen, but to say there aren't any people that are for the censorship in the community, for the reasons I stated SEGA might have gone this route, is unwise.

well it would seem to me that the restriction on character height is simply to make sure that your character's entire body can be seen but I do agree that you should be able to go as big or small as you wish so if sega does decide to remove the height limitations just don't try to make a Godzilla sized character, lol, j/k, but seriously I think that going very small would allow you to make a character that looks like a harmless child

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in Removing Height Restrictions:

well it would seem to me that the restriction on character height is simply to make sure that your character's entire body can be seen but I do agree that you should be able to go as big or small as you wish so if sega does decide to remove the height limitations just don't try to make a Godzilla sized character, lol, j/k, but seriously I think that going very small would allow you to make a character that looks like a harmless child

Moot point. You can still make Auxillaries which go far shorter than standard heights anyways.

@Shadowth117 I believe that the person who created the suggestion is referring to main character creation

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Shadowth117 I believe that the person who created the suggestion is referring to main character creation

Yes but thats also a valid point. They restricted height on the character creator yet the auxiliary creator allows us to make them even smaller then our main characters? It just doesn't make sense. Height being restricted in character creation makes no sense what so ever.

The minimum height for auxiliaries was raised though- by almost an entire foot- more than character creator was raised by. But given that they can wear anything your own character can- and join as a NPC party member in almost any mission- and are involved in certain story missions- emoting in cutscenes.. . The height argument regarding SHORT = UNDERAGE... UNDERAGE = ESRB MAD.. Just holds no weight whatsoever.

If there is a reason for the change of just -Well it's an NA game where the average height of the community is going to be higher than JP- so lets raise the minimum height for immersion sake!... They really missed their target audience assuming they would like that.

Correct me if im wrong but you cant put innerwear, basewear or outerwear on aux's. Theyre restricted to outfits only no? If the goal is to keep it from looking like children in bikini n such, isn't that that what theyre doing for the most part? ive not seen to many (if any really) "raunchy" looking outfits as of yet. And if this is true is it really a double standard at that point? Again please correct me if im wrong because ive ofc not seen ALL the outfits in the game.

@XenoBladeX37645 Actually, Auxiliaries can wear any outfit a player can, you just have to go through the salon to use layering wear. Also, the bikini outfit that was released is classified as a Costume, so auxiliaries can indeed wear them.

If that all wasn't enough, the fact they increased the auxiliary minimum height so much makes it much harder to make one that doesn't look like an actual child, since they could be impossibly tiny on the Japanese server.

Basically what they're saying is that it's fine if you put a child in a bikini so long as you're not controlling said child.