Removing Height Restrictions

@Havox3 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Imagine someone somewhere in the upper management who has never played the game arbitrarily deciding what's good for you the customer, not because age ratings or laws demand it, not because kotaku / polygon / twitter blue checkmarks professional outrage mob is creating public pressure, no, they just know better than you, a grown adult.

@Rantious said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Lmao can this thread die already

alt text

To be fair there are a lot of us with different opinions on how the game should be run and what they should add.

A good team will put their foot down and make what they believe would be best for the game as a whole. Game development teams who do what the community wants most of the time tend to die.

@GamerKillance said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I saw a smaaaalllllll character few days ago. If you use the salon pass I think you can make your character as short as JP.

Tried it and no dice. Odds are that that character just had an outfit with flat shoes.

@The-Question said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I myself don't really care about the height restriction but I do know a lot of American speed runners on JP are wanting to switch over so they can start posting better times without the issue of latency. I know it's a lot to ask when the speed running community for PSO2 is only several hundred people. Most likely only about 50 or so of those players are Americans. They have a hard enough time posting good times when it comes to TA records or SR records due to latency.

I've helped support the PSO2 speed running community for then last 5 years on JP and know how much work and effort these people into shaving even miliseconds off their times. I would at the very least like to see height restrictions removed to help even out the playing field and hopefully bring more people to the PSO2 speed running community.

Now for my personal opinion. I find it strange that Americans find a persons height offensive or find offense in someone with said height. It seems westerners like to jump to conclusions of ones age when they think of heights. Do they not care about offending people or gamers that may actually be small, dwarfs, or midgets? So if by getting offended by the height being available in such a way. Would not those same people get offended that they can't play a character that matches them in real life? These of course or questions I can't answer but if you guys have any perspective on something like this and live in the west please message and help me to understand why your countries seem so easily offended about such minor things.

The questions I posted are rhetorical and should not be answered in this thread. I'm just stating what I think and should have no influence on what you yourself thing on this matter. If you think the Height Restriction should stay as it is. Then please create a new Suggestion Topic on Height Restrictions.

Cant let you do that Horn-Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeszCOXJA1k

116d0278-48ae-403c-8a76-8214d7f39650-image.png

Looks like its time for me to get to work once again.

Guys, this is in-game suggestion for removing censorship topic. Which I fully 100% support, censorship sucks. You are free to disagree but I suggest to do that in a separate topic, if you want a for or against discussion on it I suggest General section.

@Havox3 Why? So the mods will just consolidate it into this topic like they done the last 4 times people made threads about it? Which all got locked eventually?

This is thread 5 btw.

Lulz.

Height restriction stays. Don't wanna see a buncha lolis in G-strings ruining Phantasy Star.

You seem to be confused how these forums are structured:

@GM Deynger said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

OKAY. This is the part where I chime in. I appreciate those that have echoed my words on other threads that were beginning to get out of hand.

There is a reason why there is a thread on this in the general forum, and one that is in the Suggestions forum. This one is not for debate. I am not showing threads that get out of hand to my superiors in the hopes of getting your suggestions implemented. Also, please treat others with respect when discussing their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. Those who have spoken disdainfully will be watched.

Those who have posted opinions that differ from this suggestion will find that their posts have been moved to the discussion thread in General.

Feel free to disagree, but if you want a debate about censorship create a topic in General. Also, I'd really appreciate if you stopped spamming authoritative statements about removing censorship being impossible if it doesn't come from official source like GMs.

@GM Deynger said in Please read this before posting/replying in this Section:

Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time."

Generally, "I think" or "I feel" comments are valid. Judgement of others and their opinions is not.

I don't want to start backseat moderation when I'm not getting paid to do it but this is ridiculously over the line for forum rules.

OKAY. This is the part where I chime in. I appreciate those that have echoed my words on other threads that were beginning to get out of hand.

There is a reason why there is a thread on this in the general forum, and one that is in the Suggestions forum. This one is not for debate. I am not showing threads that get out of hand to my superiors in the hopes of getting your suggestions implemented. Also, please treat others with respect when discussing their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. Those who have spoken disdainfully will be watched.

Those who have posted opinions that differ from this suggestion will find that their posts have been moved to the discussion thread in General.

Feel free to disagree, but if you want a debate about censorship create a topic in General. Also, I'd really appreciate if you stopped spamming authoritative statements about removing censorship being impossible if it doesn't come from official source like GMs.

Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time."

Generally, "I think" or "I feel" comments are valid. Judgement of others and their opinions is not.

I don't want to start backseat moderation when I'm not getting paid to do it but this is ridiculously over the line for forum rules.

You seem to be confused on history and past events.

Sighs ya see kids, this is why History class is so important in school. Its to teach you that if you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, time, and time, again.

So here is Todays lesson.

The moderators, are not one unified entity.

Each one handles things differently.

And so far, they have consolidated, and locked, threads of THIS PARTICULAR nature.

................................and you guys keep repeating the same....damn.....actions.

Sighs.

Censorship of height restriction stays. I really dont wanna have to post more video facts of why it has to.

Cuz you know, hard to take a battle against a great grand being of darkness that wants to destroy the universe, when four to eleven of your fellow arks are both 12 years old in appearance, and VOICE, wearing G-Strings.

Yea....dont wanna see that in NA version. Had my fill in JP.

You also seem confused on what NA culture vs Asian Culture is like, hence the needed censorship.

You also seem confused on how business works. Lemme tell you something that will blow your mind. Its astonishing, out of this world, and almost unbelievable to you I know.

whispers in Havox3 ear You and the others wanting censorship removed is the minority market...........................

Feel free to disagree, ill just post even worse lewd stuff they are trying to censor that is directly from PSO2 JP. If after watching those and your fine with it or heck, getting randy on it. I may have to call FBI on ya.

But do not fret laddie. Play the superior PC version when its out, you can then mod all the kinky stuff you want, and best of all, no one else will have to see it, only you would.

THE

END.

/Golfclap

@Alexandrious947 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

You seem to be confused on history and past events.

Sighs ya see kids, this is why History class is so important in school. Its to teach you that if you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, time, and time, again.

So here is Todays lesson.

The moderators, are not one unified entity.

Each one handles things differently.

And so far, they have consolidated, and locked, threads of THIS PARTICULAR nature.

................................and you guys keep repeating the same....damn.....actions.

Sighs.

Censorship of height restriction stays. I really dont wanna have to post more video facts of why it has to.

Cuz you know, hard to take a battle against a great grand being of darkness that wants to destroy the universe, when four to eleven of your fellow arks are both 12 years old in appearance, and VOICE, wearing G-Strings.

Yea....dont wanna see that in NA version. Had my fill in JP.

You also seem confused on what NA culture vs Asian Culture is like, hence the needed censorship.

You also seem confused on how business works. Lemme tell you something that will blow your mind. Its astonishing, out of this world, and almost unbelievable to you I know.

whispers in Havox3 ear You and the others wanting censorship removed is the minority market...........................

Feel free to disagree, ill just post even worse lewd stuff they are trying to censor that is directly from PSO2 JP. If after watching those and your fine with it or heck, getting randy on it. I may have to call FBI on ya.

But do not fret laddie. Play the superior PC version when its out, you can then mod all the kinky stuff you want, and best of all, no one else will have to see it, only you would.

THE

END.

/Golfclap

The one who decided the end is sega/Microsoft. They've made it clear on what their stance is.

They've made it clear on what their stance is.

Have they? can't find any such posts under either news section announcements and blogposts or official twitter .

Source?

They've made it clear on what their stance is.

Have they? can't find any such posts under either news section announcements and blogposts or official twitter .

Source?

Most of those threads locked had a GM clarify that the height can he added back in if the demand is high enough. They took it out purposely and as of now have no reason to put it back in. The GM happy guy mentioned it twice now I believe.

I can find only one post. Perhaps you were referring tho this

@GM-Deynger said in Censoring in game ?:

Hi all, Jumping in here to clear something up. If there are this many people who are upset over the height change, please begin something in the "Suggestions" section if it hasn't already been started. Generally, things may be censored when a company believes a majority of the players will be offended. If it is demonstrated to not be the case (or valid points are brought up), said company may reverse the change. However, attacking others who are also sharing their thoughts/opinions does not serve any purpose other than possibly getting someone warned or banned. Please share your opinions and withhold your judgement of others. Thank you!

Clearly the demand exists, this topic is here. Also, I find the notion that majority, 51%+ would be offended by short characters ridiculous. Based on what very little discussion I've spotted on external resources, 4chan, goha.ru, pso world, pso2 reddit, the censorship sentiment seems to go from neutral to negative. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but there's very little discussion about it at all, super niche game with weeb aesthetics.

@Havox3 There's been 3 threads about censorship since the forums started including this one which is the only one still open and was kinda necro'd.

Basically, there was one 1 person that audibly cried for censorship, and the rest ranged from not minding it either way to being avidly against censorship.

As you said, it's a group of people deciding what we as adults do or don't want to see. I find that to be BS but there's really nothing to be done about it. The whole "if there's enough voice for it, change can happen!" is another load of BS. The voice of that 1 person in a CROWD of people against censorship on literally any pso site you visit is apparently loud enough to drown out the masses. I'm done fighting the battle as it wont change. I'm just not going to give them any money. Ya lost a whale Sega. Oh well.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Havox3 There's been 3 threads about censorship since the forums started including this one which is the only one still open and was kinda necro'd.

Basically, there was one 1 person that audibly cried for censorship, and the rest ranged from not minding it either way to being avidly against censorship.

As you said, it's a group of people deciding what we as adults do or don't want to see. I find that to be BS but there's really nothing to be done about it. The whole "if there's enough voice for it, change can happen!" is another load of BS. The voice of that 1 person in a CROWD of people against censorship on literally any pso site you visit is apparently loud enough to drown out the masses. I'm done fighting the battle as it wont change. I'm just not going to give them any money. Ya lost a whale Sega. Oh well.

Threats such as "lost a customer" normally doesn't have any effect on the game. That specific threat has been made time and time again on various games that still stand today.

Typically the threat is given by someone who is desperately trying to prove something to everyone as well as themselves.

@GamerKillance lol. Obviously those kinda threats dont have effects on games. There is absolutely no metric to quantify the difference (how many more players you might have had/how much more money you might have made had you not censored things) because you still have thousands of players regardless. One person, be it a whale or otherwise isn't going to change anything, but money is the only thing a company really listens to in the end. Not giving them that is all a person can do after they put in their 2 cents.

Also there were no threats in my statement, it's simple cause and effect. They wanted stuff censored, in turn, they don't get my money.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@GamerKillance lol. Obviously those kinda threats dont have effects on games. There is absolutely no metric to quantify the difference (how many more players you might have had/how much more money you might have made had you not censored things) because you still have thousands of players regardless. One person, be it a whale or otherwise isn't going to change anything, but money is the only thing a company really listens to in the end. Not giving them that is all a person can do after they put in their 2 cents.

Also there were no threats in my statement, it's simple cause and effect. They wanted stuff censored, in turn, they don't get my money.

The giants of the online gaming community kindly disagree with you. Also you acknowledged it was a threat then you say it wasn't a threat. Bit of a flip flop aren't we? Either way people like yourself tend to be a very vocal minority when it comes to forums. Few games fail because of censorship and most of the time it's from other reasons.