Removing Height Restrictions

@MoldyAsp33874 There's already the ARKS Rappy Suit: Mini

@Holden907815 I've mentioned the Auxiliaries a million times in this thread already. Also they gave us a reason, it just doesn't make any sense. They cited the ESRB as being part of the problem, which of course no one here actually believes.

Obviously rappy suit mini is a different breed. I mean the ones where you still look humanoid. I can't imagine them being in the game if they're citing ESRB(completely 100% untrue) as the reason you can't have shorter characters.

@MoldyAsp33874 Sorry, I thought you were talking about costumes, not single-piece outfits, didn't even know they added mini versions of those. Well either way, they'll probably just scale them up a bit like with the auxillaries.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Obviously rappy suit mini is a different breed. I mean the ones where you still look humanoid. I can't imagine them being in the game if they're citing ESRB(completely 100% untrue) as the reason you can't have shorter characters.

I actually used the ESRB contact form to ask them about the height thing, and they told me they consider that a technical or game-related issue that doesn't concern ratings and to contact the publisher or developer directly.

@SweetChilliHeat not saying you didn’t, but I would give proof of this before someone try’s to act like a jerk, I for one do not see the hight issue being related to the ESRB at all

@SaviorZero82 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@SweetChilliHeat not saying you didn’t, but I would give proof of this before someone try’s to act like a jerk, I for one do not see the hight issue being related to the ESRB at all

aaasz.png

Would really like a reply from @GM-Deynger about that.

@SweetChilliHeat thanks for sharing this ^^

@SweetChilliHeat now follow up with "what if they are 4' and wearing a thong while getting slapped by giant bears".

You have their attention, don't let it go to waste!

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@SweetChilliHeat now follow up with "what if they are 4' and wearing a thong while getting slapped by giant bears".

You have their attention, don't let it go to waste!

lol yeah I'll pose that to them and then give them the same scenario except the character is 5' and then wonder why they blocked me for acting like a crazy person after they already gave me the answer.

Like I said- That's not an ESRB thing. Any dev or GM telling you so is lying out their ass. Doesn't matter about the content or the situation. 4'6 is the same as 5ft for all rating purposes.

And because they're lying and they know they are and still continue to do so- you can be assured they have no plans to listen to us about changing this back.

@MoldyAsp33874 may be a case of someone just relating what a superior told them. An employee can only know what the boss tells 'em in relation to some policies

This issue has gotten waaay more views and responses than any other thread here, doesn't conflict with their monetization (in fact, if they lift the restriction and people have to pay SG to recustomize, that's arguably revenue), doesn't require a significant development effort (unlike retranslating everything), doesn't negatively impact anyone in the community, and is clearly requested by more than just a couple of people.

The restriction is also very arbitrary and strangely specific. I originally thought it was a model size / animation thing, but if PSO2 JP can handle taller and shorter characters just fine... Guess that's not it.

If this forum is here to gather player voices and see how many people care about specific issues, I guess I'll add to the number? SEGA, please consider changing the height restriction to match the Japanese version?

I'm more or less chalking it up to personal views. Someone on the dev team probably doesn't like seeing small characters fight, so they did this and gave the excuse of "It effects ESRB rating".

This is just my own speculation of course, considering we haven't heard much.

Would be nice to get some word from staff. We're all in the dark here.