Removing Height Restrictions

@Stretcharach I was talking about this post:

@Mattwo7 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Stretcharach said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Ever occur to you that a western release might rely 100% on the west?

Tell me, what percentage of the west plays video games, let alone online games with persistent servers that may or may not qualify as MMORPGs and anime art styles? This is a baffling argument to make frankly. Especially for a game with such a specific audience appeal. Anime games might not be as niche as they once were but they are still niche and MMOs or games that may or may not qualify as MMOs are a dying market. At the very least, they're not as big as they were during the height of WoW's popluarity. Not in the west anyway. South Korea is a very different story. It seems to be the only place where MMOs still thrive.

That entire post was based on the misread.

All the races are Aliens including the humans. The original race were the Photoners, humans have the most resemblance appearance wise to the Photoners. They genetically modified themselves to the point of creating new species of themselves. for now is hope, pray, etc...]

The humans are still the race known as humans in universe, even if their origins and attributes are a bit different from real humans. they are clearly based on real humans and hence would generally be similar physically, although with the ability to use photons.

being from another universe, of course to us everyone is an alien, but alien just means a species from another planet or world.

I... deliberately made a kid/kid-looking Cast, at the minimum possible height in NA, without any perverted intentions. (Thought it was interesting concept and roleplay opportunity if I RPed -- which I promptly did start doing) And now I'm finding out... she's weirdly tall for what I was aiming for, for no immediately clear reason. Yeah, I'm not super pleased. Whoever's in charge, fix this? It's among the things a friend specifically listed as being random and pointless, and I'm inclined to agree with all of them. (Others are removing certain innerwear, which... I'd have to see what was removed to be sure, but seems fairly senseless given what is in the game; and not having some content that was in the JP version at the equivalent point to where NA currently is, such as Crafting.)

@Nezumi-Youjo

if people do any light RP here I'd be interested, if you'd introduce me to those also interested.

@GM-Deynger said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Jugiatsu said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@GM-Deynger I am sure you all have been swamped with the launch and I know the devs team's focus is probably working on a stable environment at the moment. That being said do we know if a ticket/issue/report has been submitted to the dev team to potentially take a look at this? I (we) understand the team has priorities but I also didn't know if maybe they had different groups working on different things and you had heard anything back.

Thanks for staying with us and supporting us.

Hi all,

Yes, things have been swamped. To be honest this has been reported, but as it ties into the ESRB rating and other areas, it is no simple decision. By continuing to add more names/numbers of people that are displeased, it does strengthen your position though.

This is... honestly baffling to me. You can't have characters too short or (according to testimony from others on max height in NA in feet, versus in JP in CM and running a conversion) too tall, or else it'll affect the ESRB rating? That's... that's one hell of a thing.

Must be afraid of giant fetishes? XD

@Nezumi-Youjo said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@GM-Deynger said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Jugiatsu said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@GM-Deynger I am sure you all have been swamped with the launch and I know the devs team's focus is probably working on a stable environment at the moment. That being said do we know if a ticket/issue/report has been submitted to the dev team to potentially take a look at this? I (we) understand the team has priorities but I also didn't know if maybe they had different groups working on different things and you had heard anything back.

Thanks for staying with us and supporting us.

Hi all,

Yes, things have been swamped. To be honest this has been reported, but as it ties into the ESRB rating and other areas, it is no simple decision. By continuing to add more names/numbers of people that are displeased, it does strengthen your position though.

This is... honestly baffling to me. You can't have characters too short or (according to testimony from others on max height in NA in feet, versus in JP in CM and running a conversion) too tall, or else it'll affect the ESRB rating? That's... that's one hell of a thing.

It's also not true. I don't know if the support staff actually believe this or they're just covering their bases or they're flat out lying- but ESRB would not push the rating because someones create-a-character is 6 inches shorter. My guess is that it's someones personal distaste on the team- normally I would say it's to drum up fake controversy for the sake of marketing but PSO2 is a different game and is immune to stuff thing like that. It's audience is niche and it's a niche game. And it's 8 years old- there's no reason to give it spotlight over censorship. The historically awful and broken launch is enough to put it on the map anyway.

And my bad if that came off a bit blunt- but it's deserved criticism. You have fans who have waited years for this game- you had over a month on another platform to work out kinks- and you still manage to launch one of the most broken PC launches of all time. And even for the people who do get it installed- it often uninstalls itself without warning- and even for the people who are lucky enough to play the game- the lobbies are laggy to sub 5 FPS- not because of netcode or their internet but because of the launcher constantly doing things in the background it doesn't need to do- simple enough of a fix that fans were able to work it out in a day without even a necessary download. A simple renaming of files.. But you're waiting 2 weeks to make an official fix- which may or may not even work. And even if you get through all the errors- fix the needless lobby lag. Keep the game from uninstalling itself... You are still playing a censored game.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

The historically awful and broken launch is enough to put it on the map anyway.

How many big name gaming YouTubers are even talking about it? I know Jim Sterling hasn't made a video on it yet. I bet he'd have a field day about how dumb and unprofessional the half-Japanese UrQ announcement is. You'd think them adding a Fortnite battle pass that wasn't in the Japanese version would be the kind of thing he'd definitely want to talk about.

I can't wait for Microsft or Sega to pull a Heroes of the Storm and rush an official eSports scene into a game that clearly wasn't designed to have one. I mean unless they add a proper deathmatch mode to PvP...

Really holding out hope for some kind of change on this, but if it's anything like the Shai situation on Black Deserts forums, then we're in for a long wait and a nasty disappointment. the forum post over there is one of the most viewed and replied to posts, even has a poll with majority voting to remove the censor, but nothing has been done about it since Shai launched.

I really do hope things will be different here, but I can't say I expect much.. Just a pity, really wanted to have a reason to leave the JP servers behind, but this just reinforces my reasons to stay there, may seem small or petty, but if I'm being drip-fed an inferior version of the game I love with the only added benefit really being it's an official NA release, then I'll stick to the translation patch, I can be Smoll and have all the cosplay items I've been gathering since the last time I was let down by a PSO2 western announcement then no-show, 8 years is a long time to wait to be met with a slap in the face.

Edit: For an example of what I expect this page to become - https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/removal-of-the-shai-censorship.450870/page-76

@Praxithea-Von That's unfortunate to hear that NA gets the inferior censored version of BD as well. We've brought our displeasure to their attention since the start of the cbt months ago spanning multiple threads, all of which were very active. The GM has supposedly passed it along but that's were the communication with that ends. Correction, some excuse with the ESRB was mentioned but that doesn't make sense so no one believes it. The forum lacks a vote system but having watched this subject since the beginning it's pretty evident we have like 50 people against the censorship for ever 1 that would keep it as is.

@Praxithea-Von said in Removing Height Restrictions:

but if it's anything like the Shai situation on Black Deserts forums

I looked that up and found a thread full of people complaining about her viability as a class. Not for nothing but I think there are bigger problems with her they should focus on instead.

I would like to throw my lot in with this as well, especially considering the 'minimum' height listed (150cm) is actually incorrect, too!

I transferred my character's data over to NA feeling confident she was fine (she's 152cm, like I am in real life!) but NA wouldn't take it, so the game itself is not being honest about what height you can/cannot import and makes it impossible to import a character actually above the threshold listed.

Please consider removing the restriction, it is dishonest and unfair to those whose actual heights have been deemed worthy of an absurd 'rating change.'

really dumb that npcs are allowed to break height limitations

Feels like we have enough people complaining about this, but I'm also not holding onto hope that this will be changed.

@Temuorin You are probably right, it won't be changed, knowing how stubborn SEGA devs can be. That's why i mentioned earlier that as players, We do not have to accept these changes. again, there is a perfectly good JP server with a very well done English translation patch open and ready to accept us. I said i'd give the devs at least until the end of my premium sub to at least respond to this and so far its been nothing but silence and so its pretty clear where my future with PSO2 is heading, not with the NA server, but rather with the JP one.