Removing Height Restrictions

I too am hesitant in monetarily supporting the NA version if petty censorship like this continues. I understand choosing Microsoft as a partner opened the door to Xbox, which has benefited the game but they completely dropped the ball on the PC release and don't have the customer in mind. I don't think the exclusivity check was worth the thousands of potential PC players that are turned off by the idea of a game deleting their OS and the ridiculous lag from the launcher.

A couple months down the line, if SEGA were to leave the windows store and go independent (or steam) and also restore any censorship, then I'm certain a lot more people would support the game.

The height restriction is utter madness, of all the things to change why in the world would you change that? Remove it and let us play PSO2 the way it's as intended.

I want to give everyone a very real suggestion and maybe even a warning to the NA dev's about this, I mean no disrespect but let's be real here.

If you are like me, new to PSO2 and enjoying the game but hate things like the height restriction and other changes they are making, come to the realization that you don't have to stay with this server and support it. the JP server IS open to you and now that you've gotten a taste of the game in your native language you should be much more comfortable migrating to the JP server. There is a perfectly good English translation patch and many guides that can easily walk you through how to get started on the JP server.

To the devs: Right now, what you need is community support more than anything, especially after the botched windows launch thanks to the Microsoft store. Your server needs to have a thriving community and right now instead of pulling NA players from JP to NA you are actually doing the opposite and pushing NA players to JP instead with changes like this.

As it stands right now, I plan to wait for my premium to run out, then give it another month or so. If I at least don't see the height restriction removed I will be migrating to the JP server to continue my PSO2 experience and support there. Now the height restriction is not the only issue that is bringing me to this decision but its a big one and its what this topic is about so I'm making it the focus of my post. But as it stands the height restriction is a very big and serious topic among this community and for good reason, and right now I think you all seriously need to take this opportunity to really judge how the devs plan to handle this because their decision on it will likely reveal what their true intentions are for the remaining lifespan of the NA server. If they don't revert this change then understand it's only going to get worse from here on out, it means they have no intention to adhering to feedback and the game will continue to receive changes to add to a worse experience then what the JP server has to offer. However, if they do adhere to the feedback and remove the height restriction I will see there is hope and an effort on the dev's part to correct these issues and are welcoming and accepting community feedback, and I will stay and continue to support them as a result.

The PSO2 community is a very passionate community and rightfully so, I think the NA devs right now need to be very.. very cautious about how they handle this and I think what they need to understand is that if the NA server doesn't make its community happy the JP server is willing to do so in their place, and that should be a thought that makes them very worried.

@NoelleHedgehog said in Removing Height Restrictions:

The height restriction is utter madness, of all the things to change why in the world would you change that? Remove it and let us play PSO2 the way it's as intended.

To the devs: Right now, what you need is community support more than anything, especially after the botched windows launch thanks to the Microsoft store. Your server needs to have a thriving community and right now instead of pulling NA players from JP to NA you are actually doing the opposite and pushing NA players to JP instead with changes like this.

Now the height restriction is not the only issue that is bringing me to this decision but its a big one and its what this topic is about so I'm making it the focus of my post. But as it stands the height restriction is a very big and serious topic among this community and for good reason, and right now I think you all seriously need to take this opportunity to really judge how the devs plan to handle this because their decision on it will likely reveal what their true intentions are for the remaining lifespan of the NA server. If they don't revert this change then understand it's only going to get worse from here on out, it means they have no intention to adhering to feedback and the game will continue to receive changes to add to a worse experience then what the JP server has to offer.

The PSO2 community is a very passionate community and rightfully so, I think the NA devs right now need to be very.. very cautious about how they handle this and I think what they need to understand is that if the NA server doesn't make its community happy the JP server is willing to do so in their place, and that should be a thought that makes them very worried.

Agreed with you there.

The developers don't understand the implication of such minor decisions as in the long run it roller coaster into decisions which can make the product unplayable for most due to the development teams inability to understand what the pso community wants, thus resulting in another dead game. Which let's face it, right now there is a declining population due to how disastrous of a launch it's been. If the company doesn't attempt to cater to the community that is sticking through this and listening to feedback then it'll become another Wildstar incident where the game becomes a ghost town for years until the servers are eventually shutdown.

The state of the product is in right now and development teams decisions from this point on will be the things which either spells out the downfall of the product or it's success. MMOs are about community and worlds, you cannot force things upon your playerbase which they simply despise otherwise you'll just end up turning your community into a hostile environment where no-one seeks to talks with one another outside of Guilds thus making the new players experience 0 life in the world, instead it's just all static routine drones where you go to point A and B and so on.

Feedback from this point must be listened too and if a vast amount of people want something, like Removing the Height Restriction. Then it should be heeded in my book, otherwise you'll just cause players to leave as they feel like their feedback isn't being listened too. Like you just threatened to do in that very post i'm quoting.

I like the Phantasy Star Series as a whole as I've got alot of nostalgia attached to this product. But if this games community drops like a stone and there isn't anyone on anymore. Then i'll have no reason to log on anymore. I don't play MMOs to be alone, i get enough of that offline where everyone of my friends have died due to age and life events. I play MMOs for Communities and Worlds so that I can enjoy myself and be entertained while also being alongside others who are experiencing the same world as me.

But we'll see what happens in the following weeks. Hopefully the development team listens to our feedback but I've been hurt by many companies way to many times to believe such a thing will happen anymore. Either way, that's enough outta me. Back to my silent observing

@Zerkx1 @NoelleHedgehog dont bother waiting, they've already showed us how they are. They removed smart innerwear, added the height restriction, added trading restrictions and cashgrabs, and most importantly, completely fucked up the launch which I wouldnt be surprised if itwas due to overworking their devs. It'd take a miracle for them to change their ways. Move to JP and stop wasting your time before you start regretting not doing so earlier.

I feel like posting about it here is kinda ineffectual... probably better to write a polite email to SEGA support and ask them why you aren't allowed to have the same things as our Japanese friends.

https://www.sega.com/support

Japanese contact form - https://faq.sega.jp/hc/ja/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000782393 (will need to put thru a machine translation)

I do not want this height restriction removed.

To be honest, I am usually the shortest in my class irl, and I am still considered a short person rn, and when I realized that they made it I can't change my height below 153cm I feel somewhat offended and excluded from the game, I want to play this game and support the PSO2 NA community but I find it hard to support it when I feel the the game is discriminating people who are shorter than average people's height. Please end discrimination based on people's appearance, not everyone are tall and not every are short, height restriction needs to be readjusted so that short people can be short, tall people can be tall.

@Rumi7364 My sister is the same way. Plus on a side note, if they rated the game T for Teens, you think they would get the average height for teenagers. I mean I played with the child character (hunter model) in the Zero version and there where never any issues.

@MoldyAsp33874 yooo, while your post will inevitably fall upon deaf ears to those that actually make the decisions, that was a top quality post. Credit given where credit due.

Yes, please remove the height restrictions. While we wanted an official english release of PSO2, we also wanted the game as we played/saw it. A height restriction like this is just silly. It only annoys people and brings no benefit. I absolutely hate censoring in video games, especially when it's regional differences. I know that I'll be waiting until this restriction is removed before properly starting the US version.

I have a max height character, and also want the height restriction removed. It'll make me look bigger in relativity!

But it looks like this is one of the most-desired change on the forums.

Shouldn't there be a poll on this soon?

@BudgetRhino854 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I have a max height character, and also want the height restriction removed. It'll make me look bigger in relativity!

But it looks like this is the most-desired change on the forums. Shouldn't there be a poll on this soon?

I would hope so. There's alot of support for this as it is

@Jugiatsu said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@GM-Deynger I am sure you all have been swamped with the launch and I know the devs team's focus is probably working on a stable environment at the moment. That being said do we know if a ticket/issue/report has been submitted to the dev team to potentially take a look at this? I (we) understand the team has priorities but I also didn't know if maybe they had different groups working on different things and you had heard anything back.

Thanks for staying with us and supporting us.

Hi all,

Yes, things have been swamped. To be honest this has been reported, but as it ties into the ESRB rating and other areas, it is no simple decision. By continuing to add more names/numbers of people that are displeased, it does strengthen your position though.

Seeing as online interaction isn't rated by ESRB it can't be because of how ppl could act with them.

There's skimpy outfits but no nudity so thats still not more than the token "partial nudity" bulletpoint, though that doesn't raise it above a T rating either. That also must already be grouped in with "suggestive themes" because really, how is that not listed lol.

Therefore, all that's left is that weird children (because everyone small MUST be a child right?) and no violence thing (kinda like the immortal kids in elder scrolls games). Yet, other games also disprove this being the case, on top of the fact aux are readily visible in mission, fighting and whatnot, being all small and stuff and can also be customized all the same sooooo, I'm confused on what's left to tie those together.

Regardless, however unrelated it seems to me, if it really would incite an esrb change, then RIP. This movement is dead because that will never happen no matter the number of signatures on this figurative petition.

Getting the complete game with "all the content" was always going to be a pipe dream, its just a shame that's all it's ever going to be.

@GM-Deynger

I really can't see the ESRB being an issue.

Tera Online has its Elin. Final fantasy has the Lalafell. Blade and Soul has the Lyn.

Just a few examples that embraces the "Smoll" characteristics of their character creations and ended up just fine. I find it a little hard this change was made out off ear for the ESRB but I will take your word for it.

Edit: I also want to voice that if the ESRB is truly the reason such a strange and unwelcome, and unnecessary change was imposed then its pretty much guaranteed at this point that the NA server will not be getting alot of unreleased content that the JP server has. Its really not looking good.