Removing Height Restrictions

@ERICK001BC said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Kageshiro-Ryou I know, I see her on your gamer pic. Surprisingly, I like her better with the black hair because she reminds me of Konata from Lucky star who has the Blue hair. Best girl of that show though.

😄

@GM-Deynger said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Hi all. At some point I'm going to get the web team to look into having polls on controversial subjects like this, so there would be less of a chance of ... arguments. In the mean time, I'd like to leave this open until we gather the next round of feedback (this week) to see how many unique users have opinions on this matter other than "meh it's fine."

Please show decorum in your responses to others so I can do that (not saying you haven't been, just being proactive.)

First of all thank you for your pro activeness with this. I absolutely support removing this restriction! It is NOT fine. Not only for the speed running community but in today's society where we should be supporting body positivity of all types, sizes, and shapes we absolutely need to have this restriction removed.

I think it's important for the team to know that it's about fostering a sense of openness to all body styles and shapes and not just fear of.....whatever it was that had this removed in the 1st place.

Please do keep us updated on this. Back in February you stated a lot of people on this height thing were blowing smoke where there was no fire and....well we still have a restriction.

During the CBT survey this was the only complaint I had brought up. I think its silly to change the minimum height of characters since there are people IRL that are shorter than the minimum height. What if for example they wanted to self-insert themselves into the game? It leaves them out and frankly thatt's just unfair. Just my two cents.

Hi all. At some point I'm going to get the web team to look into having polls on controversial subjects like this, so there would be less of a chance of ... arguments. In the mean time, I'd like to leave this open until we gather the next round of feedback (this week) to see how many unique users have opinions on this matter other than "meh it's fine."

Please show decorum in your responses to others so I can do that (not saying you haven't been, just being proactive.)

Consider me one of the people linked their account purely to comment. Any sort of 'censoring' is deeply uncomfortable but this is just... there are so many good reasons not to have such a restriction (up or down!), all of them already voiced by others in the thread. Heck on this same page of the thread.

I eagerly await these polls you mention. Even if they end up not agreeing with me, at least it'll be definitive chance to have a voice.. and the fact you've suggested a willingness to listen's certainly keeping me from throwing up my hands and storming off.

I'm another who linked my account to voice my opinion on the matter. I am against this type of censorship and will be waiting for the polls to come. I really want to play and support this game, but censorship makes it hard.

Dwarves are being discriminated against. 😞 Farewell my stout little friend...

pso20120408_211414_001.jpg

I think its pretty ridiculous censoring height like this. People loved making NPC clones in JP and now it'll be straight up impossible to clone some npcs like Stratos.

I want the restrictions removed too.

@a77wolves said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I'm another who linked my account to voice my opinion on the matter. I am against this type of censorship and will be waiting for the polls to come. I really want to play and support this game, but censorship makes it hard.

Thank you for linking your account and therefore registering your opinion on this!

I'd like to register my vote on this subject as well~. I also would like the restrictions removed.

I would like my vote to go towards remove the restriction as well!

Literally signed in to vote to remove height restrictions, both for tall and short chars. I like to customize my characters freely, without restriction.

I was somewhat upset when I found out the NA servers were implementing some sort of height restrictions without specifying the reasons for the decision, but I am glad to see that there are members within the PSO2 team that are working to make the voices and opinions of the players heard regarding the matter.

The character creation tool in PSO2 is one of the best I've come across, and placing such a restriction on it feels like a slap to the face. Is the slap going to kill anyone? No, but it still hurts, and offends more than anything.

That being said I still recognize that there could be players that welcome such a restriction, and think opening a poll would be a great way to see where the playerbase stands on this topic.

Looking forward to hearing back from the team!

I always play as shorter characters in MMOs. More and more nowadays these kinds of characters keep getting more and more restrictions put onto them, and I have to be honest when I say that its the number one thing that drives me away from a game. I just want to play as the character that appeals to me the same as anyone else does.

And I understand that the changes to PSO2 aren't as significant as some other games have made, I mean its only what? 10 Centimeters? But after all this time, its the idea behind it that's become hurtful. Whether it was the intention or not, the implication to a change like this is "we don't want people making a character that looks like this or can be interpreted in this way".

And that makes me feel like you don't want me here. Like you don't want me to be a part of your community. It makes me feel like I'm being labeled a creep or a weirdo just for wanting to play as a character in a video game. It feels awful. Especially with a game like PSO2 that so many people, myself included, have been waiting so long for an official western release for. And I know a lot of people will try to spin it around and say "I guess you really didn't care that much if something like this was enough to turn you away from the game", but I do care. I care so damn much. But whenever I suck up my pride and try to play a game that implements a localization change like this, I can't look at my character without feeling like the developers hate me and don't want me here.

Please revert the changes to the height slider and allow me to enjoy your game.

I would also like the restrictions removed. Found some great premade characters I wanted to try and was sad to find out they were all under 150cm. Actually one was exactly 150cm and it still wouldn’t let me use it. Would love to be part of a poll for this.