Removing Height Restrictions

Just throwing my hat in the ring to say I too would like height restrictions removed.

Honestly this news has me worried sick because if you're willing to restrict character height of all things, what else will you change and restrict? PSO2 has the best character creation out there and I have seen some amazing creations with the system. Shoot I saw someone turn their character into a robot animal SOMEHOW and I hope I too can pull that off with my CAST. I also saw someone use the accessory system to make their character into a huge robotic pair of genitalia with a smiley face on it.

Really just a system of reporting inappropriate content and then warning the offending players should work better than trying to restrict things.

I am OVERWHELMINGLY please to hear that the mods are listening and might do something about this. I admit I'm a bit oversensitive about issues like this and have a hard time supporting a game that would implement such restrictions.

Based on a quick lookover of bug reports and this thread, there are issues that the height 'restrictions' have introduced, and the fact that it seems to negatively impact more people than positively impact.

Short people exist, tall people exist, they are even shown in the gameplay, so any immersion breaking from a player being the same is moot.

I don't see a viable reason to keep off-brand changes for the sake of 'someone's bad imagination.'

Salon shops are breaking for Casts (noted when aux's are made as well), some people want to just cosplay/emulate characters, etc, and all of this because... no given reason.

The only defense to keep it so far? Short people in G-strings plaguing their gameplay? That the providing person couldn't even find an example of from the original, supposedly plaguing a majority of parties, and instead provided a pointless visual bug?

Heck, one of my favorite voice actors is 4'9", and the other playing a certain creepy cast barely makes the cut, assuming outfits don't break and suddenly things can't be worn due to 'the game never being designed to limit/cap height'

This has no direct impact on me as I made a 'taller' JP character who honestly might be 'too tall' if the upper limits are true. Instead of trying to curate all the item combinations that will break in the salon, just remove the limitations and worry about individual items that may be 'culturally off-putting' although personally, I'm already worried about what little is going to make it from collaboration events.

PC opening up shortly is going to make this far more available, and as such, the cheap limiter far more apparent.

If anyone in here played PSO2 on jp servers for any time at all, you'd know why people want the height restrictions removed. So that they can once again witness dozens of min height characters dressed in suggestive clothes erping in the lobby. Anyone that denies that being an extremely regular thing either never played for longer than a few hours on JP over these past several years, or are lying.

@RpiesSPIES not true I played for months on ship 2 and I never ran into any of these players at all, you can say I’m lying but I’m not, did I see small characters yes where they dressed in the bikinis or other skimpy outfits no I saw gothic Lolitas and characters in the “mini” style outfits, now I did see a bunch of monsters made out of the Accessory Enormous breast pad tho, tbh i some more well endowed characters Then I did “lolis”

I mean it's also worth pointing out here that we have Support Partners regardless of all of this. People can make much more messed up things with those regardless and they're allowed just fine. So I don't see why we can have those, but we can't make our characters a few inches smaller.

Glad to see an official response to this honestly, Looking forward to seeing a poll on this. I really hope they remove the height caps on both tolls & smolls, I've played PSO2 for many years on JP and absolutely adore my character, they are 140cm, adding the extra 10cm changes the way they look quite drastically, not just that but loading the appearance data of the JP character on PC presents the problem of not being able to go further with changing said customisation to meet the standards the NA release demands, meaning that I have to try and replicate the look and it's just not the same. I'm happy to move over and sink time/money into the NA release of the game, but at the least I'd love to see the character I've played untampered with in her original design.

I mean, for example if lalafell can exist in FFXIV, Bikini clad and all, then I don't see why it should be an issue for Microsoft to remove this height cap if the demand is high enough, considering they're in talks about bringing FFXIV to the XBOX platform I doubt SE are going to cater to this and start making lalafels go above 150cm, so why should it exist here? but I digress.

TLDR, I'm all for the Height 'Censor' to be removed, if other games can have the creative freedom of a small axe weilding maniac, then I'm sure PSO2 can also.

@RpiesSPIES I mean they do that now anyways. There are always those people.

@Praxithea-Von said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I mean, for example if lalafell can exist in FFXIV, Bikini clad and all, then I don't see why it should be an issue for Microsoft to remove this height cap

I've mentioned this myself, as well as the double standard created by the auxiliaries existing. @GM-Deynger please tell Sega that if they're going to stick to their guns on this, they should remove auxiliaries and have Xiao hijack your mag instead like he does in the anime. (which would be a cosmetic effect only of course)

I want height restriction removed

alt text

It is funny and annoying pissing me off on how stupid the height restriction is

@Kageshiro-Ryou Hopefully if they do implement the poll to get it removed it passes. I like the red hair btw, I don't see a lot honestly.

@ERICK001BC thank you, she's one of my favourite babies I have out of the 4 I've created. 😂

@Kageshiro-Ryou said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@ERICK001BC thank you, she's one of my favourite babies I have out of the 4 I've created. 😂

She reminds me a lot of Cordelia from Fire Emblem awaeking, (Tiamo in JP), or similar to Kushina from Naruto. Great Job.

@ERICK001BC said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Kageshiro-Ryou said in Removing Height Restrictions:

She reminds me a lot of Cordelia from Fire Emblem awaeking, (Tiamo in JP), or similar to Kushina from Naruto. Great Job.

But it's Shana tho 😮

@Kageshiro-Ryou I know, I see her on your gamer pic. Surprisingly, I like her better with the black hair because she reminds me of Konata from Lucky star who has the Blue hair. Best girl of that show though.