Removing Height Restrictions

@Novaline said in [Removing Height Restrictions]

It's not a bug, it's intentional. You try to make a character shorter than 150cm and try to leave the Salon, you get a popup message preventing you from doing so.

You don't know how many times when I go the Salon, I keep dragging that Height Slider all the way down hoping the game will bug out and let me keep the Height. I hate how intentional it looks as well.

@Novaline

Yeah I tried going shorter than 152. Still not too bad for height restrictions.

Honestly this just seems like a tactic to drum up controversy and drama and bring eyes to this game, I really hate falling for this but I just want my loli/shota characters. Maybe we aught to start a riot ingame? Don't expect me to spend on this game until they remove the censorship lol

@IYO said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Honestly this just seems like a tactic to drum up controversy and drama and bring eyes to this game, I really hate falling for this but I just want my loli/shota characters. Maybe we aught to start a riot ingame? Don't expect me to spend on this game until they remove the censorship lol

Okay, don't worry. There will be ton of other players supporting and paying for various things in the game. You can still make a loli, just not anything shorter than 5' now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all. At some point I'm going to get the web team to look into having polls on controversial subjects like this, so there would be less of a chance of ... arguments. In the mean time, I'd like to leave this open until we gather the next round of feedback (this week) to see how many unique users have opinions on this matter other than "meh it's fine."

Please show decorum in your responses to others so I can do that (not saying you haven't been, just being proactive.)

I support the idea of removing the height restriction

So i was talking with my coworkers about this some time ago. They're both women. one's 23, the other is 19. they're the same height surprisingly enough. 4' 10 or so. The older one is familiar with anime and games and such so i was joking about how PSO 2 says she wasn't allowed to exist.

We ended up actually really getting into a conversation about that stuff. We got on the subject about how guys treat her because of her height. I asked her what she thought about this small censorship to avoid this kinda stuff.

She admitted yeah, shes met guys who were really fetishistic about her height; Guys that were really creepy about it. But she doesn't feel like games should just remove short chars as a option. That regardless of what some people think, she's a woman. She doesn't have time for anyone who doesn't treat her as such.

I think that all things considered: maybe limiting a height option sends a bad message. You guys are kinda invalidating grown women, albiet they are very rare, from putting a cooler/scifi version of themselves in a game. In doing this censorship, you guys continue to frame short people as "childish". Neither of us like that take. Shouldn't we normalize people short adults as actual adults?

Its much like how years back, in past and older games (especially localizations of kMMOS), people would suggest that games allow for more skin color options. The most frequent counterpoint was always "But people might be racist." As though this was doing people of color a favor. by "protecting" them.

No. It just takes away customization from players because "SOME PEOPLe MIGHT BE BAD OR CREEPY." As a person with darker skin. I didn't appreciate that effort back then. Let me do what suits me. Do people still make racist stereotypes in games? yeah, but i wouldn't give up my character designs to not see them. It also helps me know who to actively avoid for being so scummy. The effort is appreciated.

So I say take a similar stance with this. Creepy people are gonna be creepy NO MATTER what, don't punish everyone because of the actions of a few weird ass individuals.

Iโ€™ll say this I when I played on JP I never ran into these creepy lolis that a lot have mentioned, I did see a lot of Loli cosplays tho, @Cyril5828 you are right tho if someone wants to do something creepy or wrong they will find a way to do so, I also have a friend that was down about the height and sheโ€™s 4โ€™2

@Novaline

@Novaline said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Okay, don't worry. There will be ton of other players supporting and paying for various things in the game. You can still make a loli, just not anything shorter than 5' now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Then why even make such a change in the first place if it seems to not change much? Just to know that the original minimum height is still there, just inaccessible, really bothers me.

I'm guessing most people who know about this change are thinking "well I was going to make big, tall, buff men anyways meh" and don't care, so really the only people arguing are the the people who want the change removed and the people who are like "anime lolis EW". Do you consider yourself a part of these crowds or are you content with these changes?

"well I was going to make big, tall, buff men anyways meh"

I believe there's also a max height restriction that's lower than the JP's version. So it's actually restricted both ways I think.

@coldreactive

@coldreactive said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I believe there's also a max height restriction that's lower than the JP's version. So it's actually restricted both ways I think.

Really? Then it's bad on both ends I guess...

@coldreactive

@coldreactive said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Really? Then it's bad on both ends I guess...

I think at least GM said they will forward the thread to see if devs can make a poll about this.

I also support the removal of the height restriction, for the same reasons as other people mention, making a small character hold a large weapon because it's hilarious and to replicate npcs, some npcs can't be replicated because they are below the restriction.

I don't care, because I will not stop visiting the JP server where i can have my fill of flatchested shota traps.

@GM-Deynger said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Hi all. At some point I'm going to get the web team to look into having polls on controversial subjects like this, so there would be less of a chance of ... arguments. In the mean time, I'd like to leave this open until we gather the next round of feedback (this week) to see how many unique users have opinions on this matter other than "meh it's fine."

Please show decorum in your responses to others so I can do that (not saying you haven't been, just being proactive.)

Sounds like a good idea. Making a poll would be good.

I think my biggest problem with censorship is that if it's ok somewhere but not somewhere else, don't put it int he game in the first place. When content get's removed or region locked, usually no content is given or added to make up for the loss. It can't be win here and loss there. It's either all or nothing. But that's just my opinion with censorship. Kid of why I stopped buying some Nintendo games.