Removing Height Restrictions

@ZorokiHanuke Give it a go.

I think Caribbean is closer to Japan tahn finland is? I presume.

MY geographical brain isn't that gud.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@ZorokiHanuke Give it a go.

I think Caribbean is closer to Japan tahn finland is? I presume.

MY geographical brain isn't that gud.

If traversing by air, a Caribbean flight makes almost half a lap of the planet to get to Japan. Pretty much the "other side" of the world for us. I have not measured, but going east or west it's almost as far. Now, I don't know if to reach it over the Internet we'd need to get through USA fiber and mid way servers as well, which would make that trip strictly west and exiting through California or one of the western edge states. No matter the direction, the distance is pretty far.

Finland is also pretty far, but from what I see, the Internet trip to Japan from there would go more or less east to south east.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@ZorokiHanuke Server lag.

I've seen that happen and I play with a group of friends all from differnet countries, most of us are affected at the same exact time.

Now I'm getting curious on how this is achieved. I mean, ping has been the bane of online play from countries without dedicated servers. Anything over 200ms in those games is a death sentence, and even 100 is stretching it a bit on some games. So if we have a game not heavily dependent on ping while being an action game...

Then again, they managed PSO1 over 56k...

It depends on what is handled server side and what is handled client side. I'd imagine PSO2 may handle some things more on the client side than most MMO's which can reduce the effects of latency.

@Archetype-Luna said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@ZorokiHanuke Server lag.

I've seen that happen and I play with a group of friends all from differnet countries, most of us are affected at the same exact time.

Now I'm getting curious on how this is achieved. I mean, ping has been the bane of online play from countries without dedicated servers. Anything over 200ms in those games is a death sentence, and even 100 is stretching it a bit on some games. So if we have a game not heavily dependent on ping while being an action game...

Then again, they managed PSO1 over 56k...

It depends on what is handled server side and what is handled client side. I'd imagine PSO2 may handle some things more on the client side than most MMO's which can reduce the effects of latency.

I can assume things like characters reacting to hits (their animations) are fully client side unlike many mmos out there. So that alone could drop online data usage a bit. There may be other tricks as well. Maybe I'll give it a try when I have some time free to actually sit through it. Blame work and real life for not doing it right now. 🙂

Almost everything in this game is handled client side. Which is really good for this type of game because it allows a lot more people to play it without issue.

@Zenny said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Almost everything in this game is handled client side. Which is really good for this type of game because it allows a lot more people to play it without issue.

Out of curiosity, what isn't client-side?

Just noting, the server/client side discussion is fairly off topic.

@Liam-J-McAdam I dunno ALL that is done server-side but I know the following is handled Server-side:

• Item Name and Description (despite this being something other games normally do client-side).
  • Block Names
  • Character Data (including inventory and so on, though these get loaded into RAM hence how you are able to access these quickly)
  • Certain bosses (though majority are running client-side with the session host's version being the one other client sync with)

@Moei said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Just noting, the server/client side discussion is fairly off topic.

I know. But the link to the topic is that some may want to consider joining the JP server, seeing how the Global client will most likely not eliminate the height restrictions nor add the other censored content. So it would be good to know how much lag people may be experiencing if moving there.

So you want to send a message by not playing on the western release, and instead playing on the Japanese server?

That's probably exactly what they want. All the whiners will just spend their time and money on a different server, while the western version can just keep all it's censorship intact. In the end they still get their money, the same amount of global players and such. If you play on JP, they win.

If you really care, don't play in any versions and keep trying to make them remove it on the western release.

@Leonkh99 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I hope whoever posted this on the Steam forums doesn't mind but they do raise a good point:

Children existing isn't illegal, nor are children being skimpy. The issue is that PSO2 allows you to do things that other games don't that directly violate US law. For example, the laws related to CP include masochism. That means that emotes like the recent KonoSuba one in which your character takes sexual pleasure from being physically beaten by sentient cabbages would violate this law if done on a child character. The laws also include general obscenity.

The most important thing about the law is that it states that these acts merely need to be simulated. Which means that anything sexual or obscene doesn't actually need to happen to the character is question. It would just have to appear that such acts are being done against them. So in other words, these loli characters existing aren't illegal. It's what you can do with them specifically in PSO2 that could violate US law.

Keep in mind that a US court has already charged a person for possessing drawn loli hentai in the US. A legal precedent has been set and the courts ruling has never been undone or challenged. Even Japan is starting to crack down on loli/shota within recent years.

This was debunked in the same thread it was posted in.

@Chance said in Removing Height Restrictions:

So you want to send a message by not playing on the western release, and instead playing on the Japanese server?

That's probably exactly what they want. All the whiners will just spend their time and money on a different server, while the western version can just keep all it's censorship intact. In the end they still get their money, the same amount of global players and such. If you play on JP, they win.

If you really care, don't play in any versions and keep trying to make them remove it on the western release.

Ahh equating giving feedback to whining. That hasnt been done here before... Also, why would anyone stop playing the version thats doing it correct because the other version doesnt? Im gonna say it now, youre trolling

@Chance After reading this and other threads and seeing all the developments, it's extremely likely the western version will keep it's censorship. One big reason I believe so is about how hard or easy it would be to remove it. And I say this because this release of the game is made under the shadow of the NG development which robs away a LOT of resources from this game. Meaning, the current western version may be limited to stick to the road map (with all the censors on it) and fix whatever breaks along the road.

We, those in favor and against the censors, have said with a lot of redundancy by now already, what needed to be said about our positions. If people grow disheartened and decide to either go to the JP version or stop playing this game altogether, that's the prerogative. I already said I wouldn't be maining nor spending money on JP even if I download that client. I won't be abandoning this version until I get bored of the game and leave for good.

As for "what they want", from what I've seen, a lot of people, actually just a handful of very vocal users but meh, want to just cancel each other and collect meme battle tags to tell their grandchildren how they made their "enemies" shut up and disappear by using the power of Being Right all the time and using the one only Truth that only they hold. That's what I'm seeing a lot of around here. It is why we recommended using the support ticket features to send the direct message as accepted by the GMs themselves. As great as it is to discuss your ideas and even understand the opposing arguments, it's simply not really worth banging heads for too long with people who only want to "trigger" you and get a laugh out of it in the end.

This thread is going for 70 pages but I hope it keeps going. I don't want any censorship, mainly when the almost DEATH of an in-game character storywise is OK but a little bit of skin and innocence shenanigans are NOT.

One thing that does give me hope for censors being removed is how they undid the xbox live integration with the friends list.

I'd imagine the integration work was significant and they just undid it.