Removing Height Restrictions

@SleeprunnerInc Especially if they want to continue competing with FFXIV which is considered to be the more popular game. I am hoping that they are looking at how FFXIV is structured with its communication to the players. They do have similar things to FFXIV's Live Letters for the JP version in the form of PSO2 Station. A Unified Service with a single version of the game would mean said PSO2 station would apply to us as well.

These restrictions and censorship ultimately act as an obstacle to a unified service, as part of a unified service means being able to transfer to the servers of any region. FFXIV allows you to play in any regional server under the same service and it is a godsend for anyone who may end up abroad for one reason or another. I had a friend who is transferring to the Japanese servers in FFXIV for latency issues as he got stationed in Japan as part of his military service. Another friend a while back transferred to the Japanese servers as well due to studying abroad there. I was actually in talks for a programming job in Japan following my graduation until Covid went and ruined it.

Wanting the thread to die and yet bumping it regardless.... I don't understand that logic.

This topic will never "die" but it won't ever be resolved either. Why should they care about a minority when they can get more potential players for the JP server, as well as just prioritize NGS?

Trying to get rid of the censorship is a lost cause, source, datamines is all I can say since mentioning anything else is apparently against the rules.

@Archetype-Luna Yeah they really need to get their act together.

Sega already lost the console war years ago, now they are entering the MMO market and they have lost multiple MMO's over the years and if they don't start changing their ways, they will lose even MORE games.

@Loona Like I said before, defeatism never accomplished anything. I choose to believe that there is a chance so I will keep on trying.

@Archetype-Luna said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Loona Like I said before, defeatism never accomplished anything. I choose to believe that there is a chance so I will keep on trying.

It isn't defeatism when you can join discords that have posted datamines storywise for Global. They pretty much have everything done already.

@Loona said in Removing Height Restrictions:

It isn't defeatism when you can join discords that have posted datamines storywise for Global. They pretty much have everything done already.

The censorship doesn't only affect the story though. It is far more reaching than that. It is also a potential obstacle towards something more akin to a unified service. Furthermore, not everyone goes on said discord servers and so on.

Not wanting to try to get changes happened because you don't believe it is possible is defeatism.

This post is deleted!

@SleeprunnerInc Part of me does feel that Sega at some level understands this. That's why they are looking for a simultaneous global release for NGS. They have been hiring more and more people for NGS after all, a look on NGS' Japanese website shows a link to submit an application for a job at Sega, likely related to the development of NGS.

I do believe that Sega is making some steps forward in their communication regard, hence why information on NGS is being released on a global level rather than being released in Japan first. They may have taken some steps backwards in regards to how PSO2 Global is currently managed, but I do believe that they have paid some attention to us.

We did get back to back SG campaigns after the backlash from the SG Scratch's release. There is also the Dengeki interview where the director for Episode 6 acknowledge the NA servers at the time, showing that they do keep some sort of tabs on us.

It would be great that once we reached parity, that we could get communication like this, where they actually go out and explain why they included something in the first place and why they are changing it.

@SleeprunnerInc Part of me does feel that Sega at some level understands this. That's why they are looking for a simultaneous global release for NGS. They have been hiring more and more people for NGS after all, a look on NGS' Japanese website shows a link to submit an application for a job at Sega, likely related to the development of NGS.

I do believe that Sega is making some steps forward in their communication regard, hence why information on NGS is being released on a global level rather than being released in Japan first. They may have taken some steps backwards in regards to how PSO2 Global is currently managed, but I do believe that they have paid some attention to us.

We did get back to back SG campaigns after the backlash from the SG Scratch's release. There is also the Dengeki interview where the director for Episode 6 acknowledge the NA servers at the time, showing that they do keep some sort of tabs on us.

It would be great that once we reached parity, that we could get communication like this, where they actually go out and explain why they included something in the first place and why they are changing it.

Perhaps, peeeeerhaps, the blunder with GPSO2's communications is maybe because they have less direct access to the people than we all think? Anybody knows the actual structure between Sega, the ETSoft or whatever that middleman company is named, and Microsoft? Is there any other party involved as well? I ask because we'd need to know who's actually in charge of the actual PR and communication part, since the most apparent problem is related to that.

@ZorokiHanuke The dengeki interview with YSOK a while back does show that Sega is able to acquire some significant data though. They were able to note that Rangers are rather popular in the west at the time, after braver, and also note the peak times.

@Archetype-Luna That's good to know, though so far it hasn't solved the transparency issues we are having. And more insulting is knowing that a problem that affects players only has a not 100% to be fixed on the next scheduled patch, yet if they find out that some fresh finds item was sold as tradeable, they have no problem kicking everyone off the server that very night for an hour or several to "fix" the issue. So yeah, them knowing things, as great and all that as it is, still doesn't gets us the answers we need. Yet, I still have a hunch that makes me believe we may be barking at the wrong tree.

Just a hunch, though.

Oh, and I specifically mean, who our direct letters should be sent to, if not Sega themselves.

@ZorokiHanuke My guess is that there is a sub team within the Phantasy Star Crew managing the NA servers while the rest of development team is working on NGS. This may explain some of the differences. I'd imagine YSOK has other things on his plate, like NGS development and finishing up EP6, than to focus on the global server.

It is possible that relatively inexperienced members of the Phantasy Star Crew are handling the global server management and they may just need some time to adjust or break out of their shell.

Honestly, there are a lot of possibilities of what could be going on behind the scenes. Hard to really say what is going on in the back.

@ZorokiHanuke My guess is that there is a sub team within the Phantasy Star Crew managing the NA servers while the rest of development team is working on NGS. This may explain some of the differences. I'd imagine YSOK has other things on his plate, like NGS development and finishing up EP6, than to focus on the global server.

It is possible that relatively inexperienced members of the Phantasy Star Crew are handling the global server management and they may just need some time to adjust or break out of their shell.

Honestly, there are a lot of possibilities of what could be going on behind the scenes. Hard to really say what is going on in the back.

giphy.gif

@PhantasyStar719 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

The censorship doesn't only affect the story though. It is far more reaching than that. It is also a potential obstacle towards something more akin to a unified service. Furthermore, not everyone goes on said discord servers and so on.

Not wanting to try to get changes happened because you don't believe it is possible is defeatism.

And there you go again...

Shoving your views down our throats until we submit.. I retract my statements.. Your worse than any pedophile

Arent you doing the very thing youre acussing others of? Stating your opinion makes you worse than a pedo in your eyes? Log off of the internet and step outside please. Because you grasp on reality is beyond messed up

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@PhantasyStar719 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

And there you go again...

Shoving your views down our throats until we submit.. I retract my statements.. Your worse than any pedophile

Arent you doing the very thing youre acussing others of? Stating your opinion makes you worse than a pedo in your eyes? Log off of the internet and step outside please. Because you grasp on reality is beyond messed up

Yet we should let the assholes win?.... This game is done for if we give luna what they want.. Censorship has no right to be discussed... It is a subject that will always spark anger... Let it die already