Removing Height Restrictions

I myself don't really care about the height restriction but I do know a lot of American speed runners on JP are wanting to switch over so they can start posting better times without the issue of latency. I know it's a lot to ask when the speed running community for PSO2 is only several hundred people. Most likely only about 50 or so of those players are Americans. They have a hard enough time posting good times when it comes to TA records or SR records due to latency.

I've helped support the PSO2 speed running community for then last 5 years on JP and know how much work and effort these people into shaving even miliseconds off their times. I would at the very least like to see height restrictions removed to help even out the playing field and hopefully bring more people to the PSO2 speed running community.

Now for my personal opinion. I find it strange that Americans find a persons height offensive or find offense in someone with said height. It seems westerners like to jump to conclusions of ones age when they think of heights. Do they not care about offending people or gamers that may actually be small, dwarfs, or midgets? So if by getting offended by the height being available in such a way. Would not those same people get offended that they can't play a character that matches them in real life? These of course or questions I can't answer but if you guys have any perspective on something like this and live in the west please message and help me to understand why your countries seem so easily offended about such minor things.

The questions I posted are rhetorical and should not be answered in this thread. I'm just stating what I think and should have no influence on what you yourself thing on this matter. If you think the Height Restriction should stay as it is. Then please create a new Suggestion Topic on Height Restrictions.

YYEESS I want to be a tiny hero and hard to hit

@The-Question said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Now for my personal opinion. I find it strange that Americans find a persons height offensive or find offense in someone with said height. It seems westerners like to jump to conclusions of ones age when they think of heights. Do they not care about offending people or gamers that may actually be small, dwarfs, or midgets? So if by getting offended by the height being available in such a way. Would not those same people get offended that they can't play a character that matches them in real life? These of course or questions I can't answer but if you guys have any perspective on something like this and live in the west please message and help me to understand why your countries seem so easily offended about such minor things.

Let me start by saying I don't think it's just americans here that have an issue with the height restrictions, if any. From what I've read, most people don't understand why it was put into place to begin with. I can agree that I also don't understand this. It is not so much offensive, just more of a question of "Why?" and "Why did it even have to be changed in the first place?" It is very odd to me that it is different from the Japanese version, but it doesn't bother me directly.

Also, it seems that some have also said there are ways around the restriction, so that's a plus!

@Devmen said in Removing Height Restrictions:

YYEESS I want to be a tiny hero and hard to hit

Hehe, that sounds like it would be fun.

The reason I want to see and try to make a Loli female character is because I've always found it funny when you see this tiny female character wield a weapon two to three times her size it's hilarious also my valid point and saying there are some people that are going to come on this game and they cannot recreate their own height in this game because of the restrictions honestly when PSO2 hits America something tells me its popularity is going to shoot even higher because take me for example I judge everything when I play a game balance Community gameplay equality and I have found PSO2 perfect all the way

I agree that the height is not something that should necessarily be found offensive.

I disagree that a smaller character should provide a clear advantage with out any disadvantages.

Perhaps a good in-between would be a formula that uses the length of legs to dictate the "stride" of a character, but if a smaller character can evade more attacks while moving just as fast as a larger character, I think it is detrimental to intentionally isolate the speed runs to a smaller character.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I agree that the height is not something that should necessarily be found offensive.

I disagree that a smaller character should provide a clear advantage with out any disadvantages.

Perhaps a good in-between would be a formula that uses the length of legs to dictate the "stride" of a character, but if a smaller character can evade more attacks while moving just as fast as a larger character, I think it is detrimental to intentionally isolate the speed runs to a smaller character.

There are a lot with you on that in the speed running community. But the game was made the way it is and when it comes to speed running all that matters are the frames saved. (GDQ reference.) If JP made a change to either the same height restriction or completely change the hit box, I-frame manipulation, and frame data for all sizes and made them based on a single scale not affected by height. That would go over well.

Most speedrunners don't care about looks or fashion of their characters so they wouldn't be bothered as long as their times aren't affected by the change. For those who do care about those things they have other characters they don't use for speed running and just do normal content runs to relax or warm up for TA's and SR's.

Why can't there be two categories of TA/SR? JP and Western?

@Rantious said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Mainly because all the records are being held together. That and most people who speedrun could care less about being only the best in their region. They want to be the best in the world. That's just how speedrunners are.

@The-Question said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Rantious said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Mainly because all the records are being held together. That and most people who speedrun could care less about being only the best in their region. They want to be the best in the world. That's just how speedrunners are.

Mhm so true

I attached my Xbox account to this forum just to post my support of removing the character height limit in this thread.

I propose that we remove the height limit AND increase the maximum height. <200 cm is just way too low.

Bumping this since this is more reasonable topic to discuss about removing height slider. At least @GM-Deynger already said it isnt a final decision from Closed Beta Test.

Hope they will keep everything as intact.

@Gynaenaecology said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I propose that we remove the height limit AND increase the maximum height. <200 cm is just way too low.

Tall ladies are best ladies after all.

That said, some people don't understand that the rappy suit thing (Which you can see in a certain someone's signature) forces your character model to be small. So it's not like big people can't be small and take advantage of the small size.

Here’s my 2 cents about this height thing.

Besides humans the other races are Alien technically and thus they could possibly be really short and really big this is also a FANTASY game and on top of that it’s roots are deep into the anime culture, I for one have no problem with how ever tall someone’s character is or how they look in my mind I’d say every arks member(players) are 18 and older, living in space is mostly to blame for all of the lolis running around.

I just want to play this game like it’s been made and have fun

@SaviorZero82 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Here’s my 2 cents about this height thing.

Besides humans the other races are Alien technically and thus they could possibly be really short and really big this is also a FANTASY game and on top of that it’s roots are deep into the anime culture, I for one have no problem with how ever tall someone’s character is or how they look in my mind I’d say every arks member(players) are 18 and older, living in space is mostly to blame for all of the lolis running around.

I just want to play this game like it’s been made and have fun

All the races are Aliens including the humans. The original race were the Photoners, humans have the most resemblance appearance wise to the Photoners. They genetically modified themselves to the point of creating new species of themselves. (Most recent example and lore wise is the creation of Dewmans/Deumans.) To much spoiler content trying to explain all of that here. But that is getting a bit off topic from the Suggestion thread.

I just hope the devs recieve word of some of our feelings for the height limitation and decide to change it back to the original. All we can do for now is hope, pray, etc...