First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.

Well sounds like there's no problem since you personally are not impacted and you're clearly misunderstanding what the consumerbase of PSO2 is- so bad I question whether you have even played the game. It's as clear as night and day to anyone who has spent 3 minutes in a half full blocks lobby who makes up the active base of PSO2.

Not that it matters who would want to avoid seeing prepubescent females sexualized because not only does it appear in PSO2 itself but your only example you care to use(when you don't have to since it's PART OF THE GAME) is from an outside source from a completely different medium. You draw such a close connection to PSO and the anime it's collabing yet ignore everything that has to do with PSO2 itself. It's like you know of Konosuba- know of nothing about PSO2 and just thought it'd be fun to complain that konosuba is appearing in the game..

You have played the game right?

@MoldyAsp33874 mind linking where someone tries making a little girl wash their penis in PSO2?

@Saiyer said in First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.:

DISCLAIMER FOR DEVS: No, I'm not trying to say don't bring us these collabs even if they aren't well known to your NA audience. I personally want and expect to see every known collab to make it's way here and I'll welcome each one we get. It's the order that you release them in that is a bit funky or questionable, but that doesn't mean I don't want them. I want to make that part of my post perfectly clear because I've seen regional specific stuff cut from other games because they felt it didn't conform to their localization. Keep all the collabs coming, even the strange ones.

Okay I'll be sure to tell them to stop the collaborations...haha, just kidding. We're all just thrilled you're pleased and supportive of what this means, even if this first one may not be your personal favorite.

Fun fact: The scratch announcement for konosuba has 4-6 times more likes than every other scratch announcement they've posted. They chose a perfect one to start with. Now keep em coming~

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE posted so far*

@John-Paul-RAGE I get what you mean. The issue seems to be that your original post was too well written. Basically you pose it might have been a better idea for the first collab to be with an anime more popular in NA than konosuba(which I've never heard of myself). Sounds straight forward to me.

However, I think that releasing something that might be less received(by non-hardcore fans) sooner allows 1) for the hardcore fans to experience all the content, which is good, but also not much of a reward since it's rightfully expected and 2) by the time the game really starts picking up steam, gaining a larger playerbase(and additional platforms) they can drop the more wide-reaching collaborations and keep the hype going.

I think of it as an opening band kind of scenario, warm up the crowd first.

@Stretcharach putting it that way makes a lot of sense, especially accounting for the potential "other pc platforms" and persistent installer issues for some users.

Missing a big collab that everyone is familiar with could be saddening.

@GM-Deynger said in First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.:

Okay I'll be sure to tell them to stop the collaborations...haha, just kidding.

Deynger out here spooking us for funsies. We gotta have our collab fix, don't hold out on us!

We're all just thrilled you're pleased and supportive of what this means, even if this first one may not be your personal favorite.

Oh yeah, what it means isn't lost on us and even if some aren't a fan of this collab...It's a huge step that without a doubt a lot of us are happy about. I know myself and many others appreciate the efforts of whoever is involved for getting us these and hopefully it'll show SEGA we'd want brand new collabs in the future too.

Just make sure you aren't hoarding them for yourself!

Well if Konosuba is not popular i have no idea what other anime OP expect them to use.
Maybe something from the 70?
Not to mention that the movie released on crunchyroll at the end of march and it was an huge success.

@Saiyer said in First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.:

@GM-Deynger said in First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.:

Oh yeah, what it means isn't lost on us and even if some aren't a fan of this collab...It's a huge step that without a doubt a lot of us are happy about. I know myself and many others appreciate the efforts of whoever is involved for getting us these and hopefully it'll show SEGA we'd want brand new collabs in the future too.

Just wanted to reemphasize the importance of this perspective. Offering a critique is just a mechanism that allows for reflection and is by no means a statement that says we don't want something or don't appreciate something.

Everything is appreciated and welcomed.

I really didn't think Konosuba would even come to NA to begin with. I am not going to say no to it.

Though this gives me hopes of seeing Fate series coming in.

Read most of the thread. But I have to say one thing. The first collab already happened. The only way to stop it is to go back in time. So taking issue against it would only serve for another game that hasn't had it's first collab.

That said, I met Konosuba from watching yt anime meme/funny vids. With so many Konosuba related memes out there, I assume it was popular, but of course not as popular as the big two, Dragon Ball and Naruto. Every other anime falls super short of these two, even if that certain network keeps re-running Fairy Tail ad infinitum.

And on the issue of advertising nostalgia? If that was how they wanted to bring me in, they failed miserably. I came here for nostalgia, yes, but was instead bombarded by anime, collabs and American flags. None of which existed in the original PSO. Heck, I don't even know what the default lobby music is yet....

@ZorokiHanuke If nostalgia is what you're after.. check out the ragol pack on the microsoft store. You get ragol memories which you can trade in for old school outfits, music, and accessories! As a huge fan of the original PSO it was a no-brainer for me, the pack even includes a premium pass, a gold event ticket and 12 free scratch tickets to use on whatever you want.

@Xurai said in First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.:

@ZorokiHanuke If nostalgia is what you're after.. check out the ragol pack on the microsoft store. You get ragol memories which you can trade in for old school outfits, music, and accessories! As a huge fan of the original PSO it was a no-brainer for me, the pack even includes a premium pass, a gold event ticket and 12 free scratch tickets to use on whatever you want.

Got a few of those already. Pretty neat, but I miss the extra outfit colors because they had different designs as well.... Oh well, can't have everything.

After reading the whole thing I can only represent my thoughts by posting a screenshot of my character walking away from a "similar" comment in a substory of EP4:

walkaway.png

@LapisWave Konasuba is likely one of the most sensible ones, given the high popularity it has in the west. RE;Zero is another that you can probably expect. I hope for the Madoka ticket eventually (Homura outfit for RA / GU...!) myself, but it'll likely be a later one if it occurs, lil bit more niche in recent years.

I don't want to be rude but honestly I don't understand the point of the thread, to be honest. It isn't the first event, it's just the first crossover and they picked one of the most well known licenses across borders. OP doesn't even seem to dislike the ticket, just didn't want it to be first? That seems like such an oddball thing to worry about.

@ZorokiHanuke said in First anime Collaboration choice isn't one that appeals to NA.:

And on the issue of advertising nostalgia? If that was how they wanted to bring me in, they failed miserably. I came here for nostalgia, yes, but was instead bombarded by anime, collabs and American flags. None of which existed in the original PSO. Heck, I don't even know what the default lobby music is yet....

Honestly, Phantasy Star has always been otaku content, part of its original charm were anime/manga style cut ins and storytelling. It was basically the more otaku version of Dragon Quest whereas Final Fantasy went a little more Western. The original PSO was honestly the most muted one, due to being heavily rushed and even it was full of maid robots and cute girls.

I think more of your issues probably lie with the age of the game. You're exposed to a thematic explosion of a great many years of content and events all at once.

Also, I just want to say to the GM fellow who reads all this: Thanks. I know you can probably only do and even convey so much, but you're reading, you're making your presence known and I just really appreciate that, which can be rare in this hobby lately. Thank you!