A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.

@Miraglyth I'm sure it won't be hard for them to know who's on PC and who's on Xbox. You can also go by accounts made on PC launch and after. But the point is this game was slated for a western release since 2012 for PC. The initial/original version was PC in Japan. So when you bring it over to the western audience but release it and have a Beta for Xbox only, considering what i said above, it's kinda a smack to the face for PC users. While yes, Xbox and Windows are both Microsoft, you don't take a PC game and release it to console first then PC then keep PC players to the side while Xbox players received Beta rewards and other stuff.

I just think there should be something there for PC users as well. Not just 1 side of the coin. It wouldn't create a division if they would just give PC players what they gave Xbox players. But eh, i'm not going crazy about this, just figured it was unfair.

@GM-Sirius said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

Hi guys, I just moved the thread to "Suggestions, In-game Suggestions" section as it is best suited for this discussion. Thank you.

I don't see why it belongs in the suggestions thread besides the fact that maybe that section gets less views and you rather not deal with the headache. A more hands on approach would've been appreciated to the concerns of many rather than it feel like an attempt to bury it by moving the thread.

I strongly feel that it belongs in the General Discussion so more people see it.

A lot of PC players have voiced these concerns and I decided to bring them up on the main forums since this is the only place where those opinions matter.

@Miraglyth

We've discussed it on twitter and reddit. They say to look forward to the next event and "sharing is caring" and strongly suggest something but until either A) They just blatantly flat out say it or B) it happens.

I'm not going to be as optimistic

@Kuon

I'm not trying to further diversify the two communities.

I want PC to be on the same exact page as console. I want us to have those 6 skill reset passes so that new & old players can fix any mistakes they may have made. So that we can enjoy the pass 3 seasons of cosmetics and scratch offs that console got.

Some people can't even play the game cause they're not familiar with tweaker.

@John-Paul-RAGE

I'm just going to say flat out that A lot of your points are irrelevant.

Making it sound like there were 6 passes given out over a 2.5 month period is a bit disingenuous because not everyone has a minimum of 3 characters, it is more accurate to state there were 2 distribution periods for skill passes.

2 distribution periods or 6 passes. It doesn't matter. There was absolutely no reason for console to have 2 distribution periods for a total of 6 passes were you to have 3 characters. There was no major update that would've required you to overhaul your skill tree.

The only reason why I can see them doing it is them assuming console players not knowing they were doing and assuming the majority of PC players came from JP servers with prior experience. Which shouldn't even be taken into consideration.

When PC launched in the very least, they should've AT-LEAST given PC players 2 passes through account rewards

The market advantage/disadvantage isn't as pronounced as stated when taking into consideration that a currently running, brand new AC scratch has items that premiere at 15m or more, accessible by anyone who purchases AC scratches.

It is pronounced and it is disadvantage. No ones talking the new AC items. That wasn't the point.

No matter how you paint it or downplay it, PC isn't going to get those items anytime soon and the ones that are still around and are on the market are still very highly priced.

And the people that did, are going to hae a bigger wallet which will just further influence future sells cause they're going to keep buying popular stuff as it comes out at a low cost and then sell them high.

So what they bought for 1 mil - 10 mil a few months ago. They can now sell for 20-40 mil.

The market advantage of PC players compared to PC players comes in the form of weapons. Those 13* weapons that PC players can snag for less than 1 mil cost over 10m during Xbox time

What does that mean? Xbox time?

PC playeds have gotten 1 seasonal (Wind and Rain), 2 new modes (Ultimate), (Challenge), got to come into the game during a unique, limited concert period and the first collaboration (Hatsune Miku), and have gotten to experience a first for PSO2: Independence Day.

We didn't get anything lmfao. We all got that. Matter of a fact PC partially joined during wind and rain where many who didn't "No-Life" the game couldn't do Wind & Rain on XH for the rare drop weapons you could've got. We joined part way through.

time is infinitely more valuable than trinkets that will eventually return

I agree with @Miraglyth

There's no guarantee on if and when we'll have revivals.

There's been no official comment on mission pass items returning, there's been no comment on when fresh find items will return, and I don't see how they're gonna do AC revivals anytime soon when they have 8 years of scratch offs to push out.

You're solely making the assumption that Japan had revivals so we will too but as of right now that isn't the case.

The complete disregard to the value of a player's time due to a personal stance on vanity items really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Kinda strange considering part of this thread is complaining about how long PC players have to wait to get a skill reset. Especially when it is guaranteed to happen after waiting a period of time.

PC has to wait till August and that's IF they're guaranteed to hit that road map and there's no delay. No matter how you look at it, there was no reason for 2 distribution of passes to have gone out prior

If bringing back the Dreamcast isn't an indication of their willingness to bring back those other cosmetics you spent entirely too much on, then I don't know what to tell you. The Dreamcast mag was designed in JP to be exclusive to those who made a conscious effort to be included in the population that received it. Even if anyone has a source that could prove they were coming back, they wouldn't share it with someone that would blast it all over the place, resulting in their unique access to information being compromised.

To bring up the fact that the Dreamcast mag was exclusive to Japan and was only obtainable through effort is irrelevant.

Cause we're not Japan. It's just that simple.

All in all, I feel like you're making assumptions and just blatantly downplaying everything when there's been no real comment and assuming that these items will return. And when and IF they do return, they're still going to be higher priced cause people will now know their value.

No matter how you look at it, PC is at a disadvantage due to a staggered launch with a multitude of several issues that still stand to this today.

We missed out on rewards, we missed out on cosmetics, we missed out on events or partially thereof and yet PC has to go utilize a 3rd party launcher to reliably play a game cause it wasn't tested properly.

They ported it over to Xbox to integrate it with xbox live, slapped on a crappy Translation patch, and then released it blindly over to PC.

If they wanted to do true testing, they could've simply done a CBT with cross-play involved but since they didn't they only assumption that could be made is they wanted to test it on xbox to make it was seamlessly working with the Xbox Live interface

@Spectra-Saberon said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

@Miraglyth Holy, TYSM !! [snip] You've spared me the legwork, I appreciate it.

You're very welcome! Obviously that's just a quick look on my part, but it seems a pretty solid pattern in both instances. Others are welcome to perform a similar check and either corroborate or disagree. 👍

@Kuon said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

But the point is [snip] you don't take a PC game and release it to console first then PC then keep PC players to the side while Xbox players received Beta rewards and other stuff.

Yeah, and I get that. I do, I've been harping on about this for months.

Even if you gave unique items to all the newer players (regardless of platform), you'd either have to make them tradable at which point the Xbox One players with all their money could simply buy them (and if they were given advance warning they could just make a free PC account too), or you'd have to make them not tradable with the explicit purpose of making sure Xbox One players can't ever get them. And would you make it something desirable on purpose just to upset them? That all seems very spiteful to me.

The point I'm trying to push here is that I still don't think two wrongs make a right. A right makes a right, and they could still just right the previous wrong by finding opportunities to re-run the scratches, campaigns, mission passes, fresh finds and SG sales.

Speaking of which, it might have escaped notice but as of the handover from Oracle Celebration to Military Line, AC scratch sets now last 5 weeks, so we can have 5 concurrent sets. Who's to say one of those every 5 weeks can't be a re-run from before PC? Start from Recruit Line and go up to Crimson Dawn. In half a year all is well on that front.

@Kuon said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

I just think there should be something there for PC users as well. Not just 1 side of the coin. It wouldn't create a division if they would just give PC players what they gave Xbox players.

The latter half is surely the ideal approach. Just let everyone have the ability to earn everything. Then there's not something for anyone specifically. It's so, so simple.

@Ace said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

They say to look forward to the next event and "sharing is caring" and strongly suggest something but until either A) They just blatantly flat out say it or B) it happens. I'm not going to be as optimistic

That's up to you and I do understand, but the tweet prior to "Sharing is caring" was a pretty specific response to say that someone who expressly asked for the Dreamcast evo device would be happy. I have pretty high hopes, and if they're borne out I also hope that will earn them some trust if they say something similarly specific in the future.

Heck knows it's not the GM team making these decisions, and they have been taking a bit of a verbal beating with people disbelieving the probably limited things they can say.

@Miraglyth said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

@Spectra-Saberon said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

@Miraglyth Holy, TYSM !! [snip] You've spared me the legwork, I appreciate it.

You're very welcome! Obviously that's just a quick look on my part, but it seems a pretty solid pattern in both instances. Others are welcome to perform a similar check and either corroborate or disagree. 👍

But the point is [snip] you don't take a PC game and release it to console first then PC then keep PC players to the side while Xbox players received Beta rewards and other stuff.

Yeah, and I get that. I do, I've been harping on about this for months.

Even if you gave unique items to all the newer players (regardless of platform), you'd either have to make them tradable at which point the Xbox One players with all their money could simply buy them (and if they were given advance warning they could just make a free PC account too), or you'd have to make them not tradable with the explicit purpose of making sure Xbox One players can't ever get them. And would you make it something desirable on purpose just to upset them? That all seems very spiteful to me.

The point I'm trying to push here is that I still don't think two wrongs make a right. A right makes a right, and they could still just right the previous wrong by finding opportunities to re-run the scratches, campaigns, mission passes, fresh finds and SG sales.

Speaking of which, it might have escaped notice but as of the handover from Oracle Celebration to Military Line, AC scratch sets now last 5 weeks, so we can have 5 concurrent sets. Who's to say one of those every 5 weeks can't be a re-run from before PC? Start from Recruit Line and go up to Crimson Dawn. In half a year all is well on that front.

I just think there should be something there for PC users as well. Not just 1 side of the coin. It wouldn't create a division if they would just give PC players what they gave Xbox players.

The latter half is surely the ideal approach. Just let everyone have the ability to earn everything. Then there's not something for anyone specifically. It's so, so simple.

@Ace said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

They say to look forward to the next event and "sharing is caring" and strongly suggest something but until either A) They just blatantly flat out say it or B) it happens. I'm not going to be as optimistic

That's up to you and I do understand, but the tweet prior to "Sharing is caring" was a pretty specific response to say that someone who expressly asked for the Dreamcast evo device would be happy. I have pretty high hopes, and if they're borne out I also hope that will earn them some trust if they say something similarly specific in the future.

Heck knows it's not the GM team making these decisions, and they have been taking a bit of a verbal beating with people disbelieving the probably limited things they can say.

I know we're allowed to feel differently about it but the point is like you said, the GM's have no say.

I'm hoping for it to and trying to be optimistic but rather not get my hopes up given the current track record and lack of support and actual input, it's hard to do so.

We have no Western Support for the game outside of Microsoft for Payment issues.

That's it, that's all.

In my eyes, the GM's are nothing but moderators and messengers to SEGA in Japan. I'm sure they work hard but they're also very limited on what they can do.

We don't even know what support is capable of when we contact them.

• I've seen people contact support about missing stargems and they've been told "We'll contact the Devs"

*I've asked if they could remove people from blacklist cause you can't undo it "We'll contact the Devs"

• Accidental redemption or item missing? Sorry we can't help you.

• I created a character and the game messed up the capitalization of the first letter, I got no reply for a simple change from 'a' to an 'A'

Only GM that chimed into these concerns was @GM-Sirius and all they did was move it to in-game suggestions thread which I don't think is right cause we're not here making suggestions but rather having a general discussion that many players feel are issues with the game.

I feel like it's more of an attempt to bury the thread to avoid headache of other players saying anything in their distaste.

I can't help but wonder if the reason as to why things are so slow, and remain as such, is because it is SEGA of Japan that is still running the show. Even if SEGA of America is the one, on paper, publishing it out in the NA market, JP wants to micro manage the games release AND management.

That ultimately means SEGA of America is limited on making any decisions/changes to cater to their market base since they first have to seek out Japans approval, and will explain why GM's are so powerless and support is, well, less than supportive. Their hands are literally tied behind bureaucratic red tape that moves at a pace that makes molasses envious.

Like Aion and NCSoft. Even though they are the same, NCSoft West would still have to go through NCSoft to get changes made, whether big or small. IIRC, the only thing West had any real control over was setting prices in cash shops, and that was it. Anything else, whether big or small, first had to go through the proper channels, which meant waiting for a response from South Korean team before applying said changes. If there was a major bug, maybe a week or two and it would get fixed, if it was anything else that they didn't feel was game breaking, but was still inconvenient to many players, a month or two, maybe three, or four, or...It depends.

It made the process slow and overly tedious and while AION still has a loyal fan base, I don't see them really attracting and retaining new players, because that system of micro managing, especially across time zones, makes things overly drawn out and especially tedious, and when newer players realize that, they tend to move on.

And that has been the case for nearly every asian mmo that finally makes its way to the west, or even the global market. I don't want to make assumptions, but it is pretty evident right from the get go. I don't really understand why the parent company has such trust issues with their international branches when it comes to managing their game in the markets those international branches are more familiar with, but that is how it is.

I feel most for the GM's and support reps. During all this, they get the butt of the community frustration/anger, get called "incompetent" or "worthless". I can say with almost 100% certainty that it isn't their fault, at all. Their hands are tied, and SEGA of Japan is purposely limiting what they can freely do, that is to say, if they even CAN do anything freely without first seeking JP approval.

Long and short of it, as long as SEGA of JP wants to continue to assert its authority over their international counterpart in managing, well, everything in the NA version, things will be slow. Very, very slow.

@Spectra-Saberon

It's because everything is done by SEGA Japan from my understanding.

So you got to wait for your message to be read by support, then it's gotta be translated and sent to Japan, then you got the time zone difference, then you gotta wait for Japan to answer, then NA has to read that and then forward that to the player.

I'm not trying to put the GMs and support down but usually when problems arise it's always "We'll contact the Devs" and things are just very very slow and they have very limited capabilities

@Ace I figured, but I wasn't 100% certain. I am not at all surprised if that is the case.

@Spectra-Saberon

To get back on topic with an issue i stated that's pretty big is UQ times

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5625/please-give-virtual-planet-battle-training-more-available-for-eastern-time-zone-players-during-afternoon/6?page=1

Whoever is managing the time of events has no idea what they're doing

Welp

22 Days later I finally got a reply from PSO2 support due to the blacklist issue with being able to purge my blacklist cause there's no way to do it ourselves though it's clearly stated in the NA manual we can.

https://pso2.com/manual/communication/chat

https://pso2.com/manual/communication/blacklist

No update! You would think they'd just disable the command to prevent any issues.

I can't help but wonder how many players utilized it and regret it now.

And the issue with my name being "ace" and not "Ace" like my other characters even though I typed it correctly, they want $15 for a simple fix

lol talk about predatory.

I understand that they're under no obligation but you would think that something so simple and appeasing would be allowable.

We can be given an outdated micro-transaction system that's built around predatory marketting tacticas with a load of issues to follow , & the western market with poor management but we can't even be given proper support.

@GM-Sirius said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

Hi guys, I just moved the thread to "Suggestions, In-game Suggestions" section as it is best suited for this discussion. Thank you.

I don't see why it belongs in the suggestions thread besides the fact that maybe that section gets less views and you rather not deal with the headache. A more hands on approach would've been appreciated to the concerns of many rather than it feel like an attempt to bury it by moving the thread.

I strongly feel that it belongs in the General Discussion so more people see it.

A lot of PC players have voiced these concerns and I decided to bring them up on the main forums since this is the only place where those opinions matter.

Not true. When looking for feedback for the team this sub-section is usually the first place we look.

@GM-Deynger

It's nice that you all are listening to our feedback/concerns and all, but other than that, what else can you all do? You mentioned "the team". Is that team located in Japan? Right now, is your capability limited to just acting as messengers to the team half a world away? I'm in no way attempting to be condescending, I am just asking for a little bit of transparency to better understand. I'm going to assume SEGA NA is acting more as a publisher for the NA version, without having any real ability to make changes/manage the game to cater more to the western market without first seeking SEGA parent in JP for approval. I highly speculate that this is the case more or less and offer you and your fellow co-workers my sympathies, because that would make things terribly, TERRIBLY slow. Not to mention putting you into a very awkward position of WANTING to help us and address our concerns in a timely manner, but not being able to right there at the moment cause of that nice shiny 10-tier red tape cake you first must go through with the team located, ya know, on the other side of the planet.

Particularly, as is the case with the Independence Day event, many of my fellow gamers are totally flabbergasted at the times the events are scheduled for, since it is making the participation of those on the east coast (who has the majority of the population in NA) incredibly inconvenient. I believe you and your team has seen this concern, and if the team, as you mentioned earlier, that can make the schedule change is located in JP rather than NA, then, I don't have much faith that the event scheduling will get fixed before the event is even over, meaning a whole demographic of players in the NA region is being incredibly inconvenienced due to a lack of foresight in understanding that there are multiple time zones in NA. It easy to overlook something as simple as that, however, a whole demographic of players are having to go through extraordinary unnecessary procedure of having to either stay up late and or set alarms to wake up early, on weekdays, to participate in an event with times that are more convenient for JP players than NA ones.

And support seems less than adequately equipped to manage supporting the player base when concerns/issues arise when their responses more or less boil down to "we'll talk to the devs about it" sort of response that doesn't provide any actual support, leaving the player feeling frustrated. I understand there is a pandemic. Things are already moving slow because of safety precautions and such. The game was released, in the middle of said pandemic, so I am sure there is A LOT you all are trying to do/iron out for us while also making sure you keep yourselves safe. However, when we do raise our concerns to you and support, how long are we expected to wait for those concerns to finally get addressed?

@GM-Deynger said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

Not true. When looking for feedback for the team this sub-section is usually the first place we look.

Who'sthe "team"?

Are we talking EstSoft who's handling the PR and being the message carriers or we talking SEGA Japan?

There's been zero commentary to peoples concerns or any sort of transparency on what can be managed or handled

When PC players wanted a date, none was given for the longest time.

When EstSoft promised PC players they wouldn't be left behind in anything out of beta, the tweet was deleted and the GMs stated they had "Nothing further to say"

The only two replies in this thread from GM's have been "we've moved the thread" and that you read stuff.

But what good is that without some further commentary to player concerns?

Why don't you guys just be up front and just say you're hands are tied and everything is done by SEGA Japan rather than putting up this facade that you can actually help players?

And if you can help players, then what are you able to actually handle?

Personally, I asked over a month ago to have my blacklist / blocklist purged in-game due to the command being broken even though it was stated in the manual that it can be used. "There's been no update from the devs"

I asked if one simple letter could be fixed in my name cause the game made the letter lowercase "Sorry, you have to pay $15 for that"

You say you're reading feedback but none of it is being addressed and it's just an echo-chamber cause people keep saying the same things but if you guys took the time to address matters brought up and worked towards a solution, people would be a lot happier.

I read about other players who've had issues and contacted support and have waited months for resolution but no update.

Simplest thing,

"We're aware of many who have concerns due to the timing of events and Urgent quest due to the time zone difference in NA. We'll do our best for future events & UQ's to try and give everyone an equal opportunity to participate blah blah blah blah"

Anything of that sort would be nice