A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.

I'm just going to straight into it and list issues that I feel need to be addressed with the games NA release.

• UQ/Event Times

Unlike Japan, North America has several time zones yet all events, quest, etc revolve around PST and not even being reasonable times.

The problem with this is SEGA is completely overlooking the rest of the population I feel.

Many event's have been tending to run at 12am, 1am, 3am, 5am, etc in EST. With very few being accommodating to those of the East Coast which mind you is where predominantly the population of the United States.

It's not about East vs West however there should be a bit more consideration in when the time of these event's start.

Only people who haven't seemed to care are those from Europe playing on the North American version and some West Coast players.

• Inequality between console & PC

Some don't really seem to care about this but console has benefited a lot more with the release of PSO2.

They got exclusive awards like the Dreamcast Mag, Coated Edge Camo, Photon Halos, etc.

Yeah you can buy some on the market but that doesn't mean it's fair and some can't even be gotten anymore.

Another issue is the shape of the market.

Many of the players who got a head start on AC scratches or Gear are sitting on millions worth of items and this creates a huge wealth disparity between the players.

Those people can just continue reinvesting by buying other items and just list them high and it goes on and on.

There was no reason why a staggered release was necessary and everyone couldn't have been given the same opportunities when we knew 100% certain the game was coming out on PC.

SEGA doesn't say it but PC is essentially Beta testing the game cause since Day 1 of it's release due to the on-going issues that persist presently and it doesn't matter if the Microsoft Store is at fault. It's a joint venture so all parties involved are at fault.

Console got 3 months worth of scratch offs, exclusive rewards for beta testing, 3 seasons of mission passes, headstart in gear, and essentially own the market place. Players who are sitting on money just rebuy items and set them at ludicrous prices you can't afford.

People say "Oh well they're just cosmetics / emotes, who cares" I mean that's kind of the appeal to PSO2 is the amount of customization and individualization you can achieve in the game. Hence the running meme "Phasion is the true end game"

On top of that, if anyone made 3 characters, they got 6 reset skill passes to sit on.

I'm sure we'll have AC scratch revivals but still doesn't take care of the matter present day that there should be an unnecessary struggle. Honestly don't even know how they're going to do revivals since I mean we are 8 years behind. Any repetitions will just slow down future AC scratches.

In slew of all the headaches, issues, and having to rely on Arks Layers Tweaker to actually play the game, PC has absolutely nothing to show for it except for uncertainties & simply "sorry blame microsoft"

The only ominous clues that have been given have been "sharing is caring" & "What comes around, goes around"

Just flat out say whether or not PC players will have the chance to pass seasons of the Mission pass, fresh finds, scratches, dreamcast Mag, etc.

• Mission Pass / Fresh Finds

This area is love and hate. I understand they're NA exclusive since it isn't present in JP.

I understand the reasoning behind the Mission Pass since this copies the common trend of Battle Passes that many F2P games have been following but are we ever going to get the chance to the items again? And what about the pass 3 seasons PC missed out on? (Yes I'm aware Season 3 we could've paid for the tiers in Stargems but still not everyone was familiar with the system and console essentially could finish it free from just quest.)

For example, you give 3 colors of stockings in Tier 6 however in Tier 32 in Over Run mode, we can only pick 1. or Ten-Gallon Hats, or what about the Luther / Matoi headmounts we can't get again?

At the same though it's great because if you just do your weeklies and dailies, it pays for itself from Day 1.

Then you have fresh finds, we can't even preview the items or know for certain what we're getting.

You have Cursed Coat M Set B Package and I'm pretty sure doesn't even come with the mask but it shows the model with it in the picture which is very misleading.

And why can't we trade or sell these items so if we wanted to be able to have at-least 2 for to bind to the account? Or at-least up the limit from 1 purchase to 2 purchases.

• Bugs, Translation issues, Support, etc.

Bugs is self-explanatory really. Predominantly been on PC so I'm not familiar with Console running into any but many are still unresolved with games uninstalling, window updates breaking the game, game force closing at the press start screen and having to be restarted and much more.

Also the player shop utilizing a cache system. You can't even search for items at times even if you type it correctly at times or if the games smart search function finds it. So you have to keep doing it over and over and hope you can find what you're looking for.

Translation issues run amok and can get confusing at times since the game seems to be running the English Translations from the South East Asia version and makes no sense. I don't see why this couldn't be polished better.

Customer Support confuses me cause I'm not even sure what they do or take care of.

What can they help with and can't help with?

If you have a payment issue or missing currency from a purchase, you're expected to contact Microsoft about it.

If you contact them cause an item is missing that you had, they can't recover it.

If you redeem an item on the wrong character, they can't do anything.

If you purchase something from Fresh Finds and it was misleading, you're stuck with it.

Are they just a 3rd party that translates what people say and sends it to the SEGA team in Japan?

I'm guessing they just mostly handle bug reports and detailed player reports to send over?

Then you have the blacklist option which was present in the Japan version since Japan doesn't use Xbox Live integration and it's present in the NA release but it's broken.

SEGA even has it present in the manual for the game here and yet support has told me we shouldn't use it.

A lot of people have used the /bl command thinking that's how you would mute people but if you wanted to remove people, you're SOL.

I've contacted support about it cause I made a mistake blacklisting two people I just wanted to temporarily mute and well nothings happened in over 2 weeks about it. Asked a GM about in lobby and they just replied "Gamertag" which wasn't even a question nor did they follow up when I asked what they were asking.

Another issue in my case is, I named a character "Ace" but it loaded as "ace" and I asked if that could be fixed which I doubt will happen or expect.

So does support really expect me to $15 for a name change for just one letter that wasn't even my fault? (which by the way is outrageous pricing)

The whole integration with the Xbox live on PC is just a mess. Some people can't even chat due to privacy settings and some PC players can't change that without access to a console.

• Lack Of Communication / Support

When PSO2 was initially brought up, we knew Xbox was going to get a beta but we never had word as to when PC would be released.

However we were reassured that PC wouldn't be left in the dust at-least in regards of beta rewards.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1473/why-did-you-delete-the-tweet-in-which-you-said-pc-players-would-not-be-missing-beta-content?page=1

They deleted that tweet and never had much else to say.

Since Day 0, when PSO2 was expected to come to PC, players were given the silent treatment on expected dates and just kept being told "spring!, Soon!"

Well we finally have PSO2 on PC and with nothing but issues even a month later.

And yet here we are still brought up with silence & false promises.

We lost out on content, we lost on exclusives, we lost out on support.

I get it, ESTSoft literally has no power and it falls on SEGA but at the end of the day, you're all on that same boat & share responsibility.

For me, the problem isn't as much the Urgent Quest time, but the lack of endgame content. The only content that qualifies as end game is essentially Urgent Quest (Limited Time), Advance Quest (Limited due to capsules), Extreme Quests (Limited due to passes), and Ultimate Quests. Because of the nature the first three, Ultimate Quests are the only endgame content that's readily available. Advance Quests have the "farm to be able to farm" problem.

The PC release definitely sucked. The client is still buggy and Urgent Quests still disconnect you, but is very frequent during prime time.

The economy is definitely the worst part for me. It's just disappointing to see such a discrepancy in prices even in items from the same AC pass.

@metafalica1

The reason being the game feels so lack luster in terms of end game content is cause they're literally spoon feeding us equipment and we're only on Episode 3.

We're over geared for the current content.

It's also kind of annoying they aren't releasing UQ's in proper order either. We should've gotten the profound darkness UQ.

A lot of these weapons went from being PSO2ES to either drops or badges

The only thing we didn't get from PSO2ES is the extra storage and being able to feed our mag offline i believe.

@Ace I blame the fact that normal quests are missing Extremely Hard. It is only available for Urgent Quests. If it was available in other content, we wouldn't be having this problem to begin with.

@metafalica1

Pretty sure in Japan Super hard was the highest and Extremely Hard was reserved for UQ's

The UQ timer is especially awful. I've barely been able to catch any of the vegas events because they all seem to happen at like 5-7 AM my time which is just not viable. Meanwhile they seem to have an endless number of the awful daybreak UQ that no one likes.

@metafalica1 said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

For me, the problem isn't as much the Urgent Quest time, but the lack of endgame content. The only content that qualifies as end game is essentially Urgent Quest (Limited Time), Advance Quest (Limited due to capsules), Extreme Quests (Limited due to passes), and Ultimate Quests. Because of the nature the first three, Ultimate Quests are the only endgame content that's readily available. Advance Quests have the "farm to be able to farm" problem.

The PC release definitely sucked. The client is still buggy and Urgent Quests still disconnect you, but is very frequent during prime time.

The economy is definitely the worst part for me. It's just disappointing to see such a discrepancy in prices even in items from the same AC pass.

lol idk what kind of internet you have been using but i have played the game since PC launch without a single crash or disconnect and i'm from freaking Asia that's like half the globe distance

my problem with the game is the UQ schedules, good UQs always goes on 1AM-5AM on my timezone, i can't stay up all night for that shits and when i'm awake there are only shit UQ like harukotan

and yeah, the game economy, especially on ship3 ruined the game for me, twitch cat ears is 15m rn, Armeure Hair 23m etc

@WillfulChart930

What kind of comment is that unless you've been living under a rock?

Are you not aware of the numerous issues people have experienced on PC since launch from the game uninstalling itself due to the microsoft store, the FPS lag in lobbies, Windows Update breaking the game.

Mostly all in which have been resolved for most but not all solely thanks to Arks Layer Tweaker with whom are not even associated with SEGA?

Simply taking the time to go through forums or reddit or simply google "pso2 launch issues" or "PSO2 PC Issues" will give you more than enough examples.

If you're from Asia then why should the times of UQ matter to you?

The economy is bad on ship 3 cause the population is more than likely lower than Ship 1 & 2

@Ace said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

@WillfulChart930

What kind of comment is that unless you've been living under a rock?

Are you not aware of the numerous issues people have experienced on PC since launch from the game uninstalling itself due to the microsoft store, the FPS lag in lobbies, Windows Update breaking the game.

Mostly all in which have been resolved for most but not all solely thanks to Arks Layer Tweaker with whom are not even associated with SEGA?

Simply taking the time to go through forums or reddit or simply google "pso2 launch issues" or "PSO2 PC Issues" will give you more than enough examples.

If you're from Asia then why should the times of UQ matter to you?

The economy is bad on ship 3 cause the population is more than likely lower than Ship 1 & 2

don't use a shitty infected virus computer to play this game then ? i have zero problem

and yeah, the game economy, especially on ship3 ruined the game for me, twitch cat ears is 15m rn, Armeure Hair 23m etc

@WillfulChart930 What are the prices like on the other ships? I am currently on ship 3 but if the economy is more noob friendly on the other ships, then I will probably migrate.

@WillfulChart930

Ignorance spoken at finest

It has nothing to do with viruses or PC issues per user error

Let me do the leg work for you since you're so unaware

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/phantasy-star-online-2-is-having-a-rough-pc-launch-here-s-some-helpful-tips-592937.phtml

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2020/05/28/yet-another-windows-store-failure-disrupts-segas-pso2-pc-launch/#6c0247815078

https://www.mmorpg.com/phantasy-star-online-2/news/phantasy-star-online-2-fan-made-launcher-fixes-pc-launch-problems-2000118328

https://www.pcgamesn.com/phantasy-star-online-2/pc-fix-pso2-tweaker

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/3131/pc-the-game-just-deleted-itself

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gsn98d/game_deletes_itself_on_restart_work_around/

There's plenty more and other issues still ongoing.

If you're from Asia, then just simply play the Japanese Client then the time of Urgent Quest and the latest content will be available for you.

This is for the North American Release

@Spectra-Saberon

Using their examples for ship 1

The hair is currently running at 15 mil

twitch cat ears are 11m and black twitch cat ears are 4 mil

Again assuming ship 3 has a lower population then higher prices would be expected.

@Spectra-Saberon said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

@WillfulChart930 What are the prices like on the other ships? I am currently on ship 3 but if the economy is more noob friendly on the other ships, then I will probably migrate.

are you high ? you do not know the price on other ship but you claimed ship3 prices is more noob friendly than other ships ???? whaaaaaaaaat ?

let me tell you one example : nemesis fist +10 is 1m5 1m8 on ship 2 and that's 3 days ago i checked

and this is your noob friendly price on ship3

b020af30-7ef9-41da-ad67-2327b1440f51-image.png

@Ace said in A couple of issues with the game that I think need to be addressed.:

@WillfulChart930

Ignorance spoken at finest

It has nothing to do with viruses or PC issues per user error

Let me do the leg work for you since you're so unaware

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/phantasy-star-online-2-is-having-a-rough-pc-launch-here-s-some-helpful-tips-592937.phtml

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2020/05/28/yet-another-windows-store-failure-disrupts-segas-pso2-pc-launch/#6c0247815078

https://www.mmorpg.com/phantasy-star-online-2/news/phantasy-star-online-2-fan-made-launcher-fixes-pc-launch-problems-2000118328

https://www.pcgamesn.com/phantasy-star-online-2/pc-fix-pso2-tweaker

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/3131/pc-the-game-just-deleted-itself

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gsn98d/game_deletes_itself_on_restart_work_around/

There's plenty more and other issues still ongoing.

If you're from Asia, then just simply play the Japanese Client then the time of Urgent Quest and the latest content will be available for you.

This is for the North American Release

you have no rights to tell me what version i have to play, i play whatever version i want. if the game is working on my 6 years old computer but it doesn't work for you, that's your fault, learn to use / treat your computer properly

@WillfulChart930

They're not saying ship 3 is more noob friendly in regards of the prices.

They're asking you if you're aware of the prices on ship 1 & 2 in comparison of ship 3 since ship 3 prices seem to be higher

Your extra remarks with lack of comprehension are a embarrassment in your replies when you don't understand the question being asked.