Relation with the original games

Out side the retro Sega/NES games being canonically having multi dimension beings that showed up in Phantasy star online 1 & 2 with RRR and HF on Pioneer . And I thought they linked the games with the 4 heros in episode 3 port (card game for the gamecube). Then when Zero released it hinted a lot of being taken place before/after certain events of pioneer 1 and 2 especially with all the little tag data.

I am also pretty sure Idola was one of the biggest mysteries of PSO 1 & 2. I also remember a quest where one of the older npc was the same npc in zero (the game that came after) where they where a lot younger referencing the pso 1 & 2 (dreamcast/gamecube) games.

I haven't actually played universe or anything up until PSO2 (this one) and haven't had a chance to watch the anime yet. Am I missing something or was a lot of the stuff retcon to fit better?

@ERICK001BC Zero takes place at least two centuries after PSO, but it takes place on planet Coral, the origin of the Pioneer civilisations. Mother Trinity (a project provably evolved from the three super computers studied in Ragol: Vol Opt, Olga and Calus) was giving advice to Coralians to save the environment, but politics this and that they didn't listen, so Mother Trinity Photon Erased them to the bone. Two centuries later the survivors in bunkers started life again in the surface, not even knowing their planet was named Coral and called it "Earth". The story only hints the player character as being somewhat similar to someone that fought against Mother Trinity two centuries ago. That only makes sense if your character is a CAST.

@BB-Zero-Four said in Relation with the original games:

I'm not saying anything with this, I'm just throwing it in the ring. I personally only regard Phantasy Star, Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star IV, Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe as being... true Phantasy Star games. Yeah I played III, Portable, Zero, etc, but I kinda see those as extended universe "star wars novels" stuff that don't really carry the same weight as the main titles. In my mind at least. So with that said, I dunno, PSO2 doesn't seem to have the same soul stitched into it as former main PS titles did. It's a cool game but yeah, Alys, Rutsu, Rico, etc all seem much more fleshed out and 'Phatasy Stary' to me than anything I've seen in PSO2. That's just one man's opinion. And an old man at that.

I'm stumped as "an old man" you recognise PSU but not Portable. I mean, most nostalgic phantasy star players I've met just discard PSU entirely, and most will agree PSO is a completely different thing than the classic games, AND the only way it could get linked to the series is precisely one of 4 endings from the classic game you don't consider a "phantasy star" (the one that introduced rappies, btw).

In addition... Portable and Portable 2 are essentially canon. Portable taking place between PSU Episode 1 and 2 and being referenced in some of the latter chapters and Portable 2 serving as the conclusion of the "Gurhal Saga'.

Well... As we are used to Marvel and DC Multiverses, and many other sci-fi stories, we always have the chance to get some connection between PSO2 and the original games. But I believe this is not the intent. Sadly.

@landman said in Relation with the original games:

The story only hints the player character as being somewhat similar to someone that fought against Mother Trinity two centuries ago. That only makes sense if your character is a CAST.

For the Human route, it is heavily implied you are the descendant of the one who fought back against her. For the CAST route, you literally are the one who fought against her. For the Newman route, you are a clone of the one who fought against her, and you were inadvertently created by Mother herself, something she has a freak out about when she realizes it.

"Spoiler Warning"

But Mother Trinity was only about Half way still in control until DARK FALTZ took control of her vessel. Would you consider Dark Falz as a interdimentional being that is linked through all universes of the game considering in 4 he is reveled to be the agent formed from the spirit of the profounder darkness from ALGO?

@Qvor said in Relation with the original games:

Well... As we are used to Marvel and DC Multiverses, and many other sci-fi stories, we always have the chance to get some connection between PSO2 and the original games. But I believe this is not the intent. Sadly.

That's already implied in both Portable 2 and PSO2, Emilia travels to both Ragol and Oracle through sub-space, each one of them being in different Universes. ARKS can also travel to different Universes, Earth in PSO2 is in a different Universe than Naverius, Lilipa, etc

@landman said in Relation with the original games:

That's already implied in both Portable 2 and PSO2, Emilia travels to both Ragol and Oracle through sub-space, each one of them being in different Universes. ARKS can also travel to different Universes, Earth in PSO2 is in a different Universe than Naverius, Lilipa, etc

On a side note, are those ???? teleports all based on the same "universe". I know that the gale islands and such are in the same universe as we are now from episode 2, but what of the other worlds?

@ERICK001BC I don't know if those are explained, if they are I provably missed some message box in the field, if I had to guess I'd say they are similar to pocket space from Portable 2, kind of little universes, man made in the case of Portable 2, in the subspace. Who knows, maybe it's actually the Chaos Emeralds dimension with all the rainbow colours lol

@landman said in Relation with the original games: Who knows, maybe it's actually the Chaos Emeralds dimension with all the rainbow colours lol

Sonic Universe confirmed. That would explain all the sonic mask and gear.

@ERICK001BC said in Relation with the original games:

@landman said in Relation with the original games: Who knows, maybe it's actually the Chaos Emeralds dimension with all the rainbow colours lol

Sonic Universe confirmed. That would explain all the sonic mask and gear.

That would be amazing!

No thanks

I'm just glad that's a section exists and so many of you can recall the details of the previous games that I played through but the details have long left me.

I finished 1-4, played through psop/psop2, universe and now this one. I'm just happy to be able to still be playing phantasy Star games. This game and its story seems have literally been the backbone of my creative output since I was a teen.

That said, the common theme throughout all of the games is the most basic one. Dark falls is an entity which just cannot be stopped and as such he is the main antagonist throughout every single PSO game for the most part. He takes advantage of situations and conflict in some games and in others literally as an overwhelming force that organizations and groups of heroes are put together to fight against.

Even for pstar 1, it was his first appearance but he existed way before that. He's a force of nature that returns on a clock cycle, subtly different than the evil in men which is a constant antagonist 5mto the good/heroes of humanity.

Anyways please keep the pso2 spoilers in mind, I already found out something in episode 3 that I didn't need to know yet.

Cheers allm