Why people just don't break parts for bosses

It is really stupid to see that people are just smashing the same body part without thinking. Killing a boss without breaking a single part is just noob tbh. Why is it so hard to simply break parts and increase the drop rate? 😧

Because that's only one half of the story, but judging by your post it seems like you didn't think too hard about it.

@Macmaxi You will know when you used all drop rate items and still got like 5 drops in total for 1 VR Urgent....

Except that's not how it works at all, the breaking of parts adds individual rolls for the boss's units yes and that is most likely applying to the red crystal too, since that one is just a condensed version of all the drops you have collected over the course of the UQ, the amount mostly depends on how much stuff you actually kill.

In this EQ there can be a high variance of what actually ends up spawing, you could run through the entire thing and only get the Chrome / Gemini combo at the end, that would result in almost no drops, while getting rare variants of bosses will significantly increase the amount of rares you will get.

Ultimately the amount doesn't really matter that much, except for Egg's this UQ doesn't have anything that's really worth getting aside from maybe the Souls and from what i've seen those are usually attached to Units that aren't in the boss's usual droptable so they might be zone drops from the crystal.

In the end we can't know for sure and i'm sitting here wondering what you felt like was stolen from you, except maybe a couple Ex-Cubes

@Macmaxi This happens for any other quests too. I don't have many teams in ultimate quest break part as well.

Because all things considered, it's a waste of time due to how the Units aren't worth anything.

@YesterdaY said in Why people just don't break parts for bosses:

@Macmaxi This happens for any other quests too. I don't have many teams in ultimate quest break part as well.

Cause it's better to kill fast, move on and kill more stuff fast than spend time trying to break everything for more drops when timewise you get more drops by ignoring the breaks.

The time adds up when you try to break everything on each boss instead of annihilating them.

10 seconds here and there add up and when you do it for a few hours, suddenly you are 5-7 minutes faster and have more drops than spending that 10 seconds during those hours to break stuff.

Okay.. Saiki drop rate is better in the blackened harukotan UQ being it can be killed on XH.. No one worries about breaking parts even then. Not worth much? Idk about you... but that's 600k or 1m towards affixing to sell for up to 10m

I have farmed SH for hours on end and turned up empty handed.. run UQ a few times and suddenly I have a full set.

LOL OP must be another monster hunter "veteran player" 😏

this is more of a knowledge thing it's fact part's give more drop'snot a higher chance, which then gives more chances at rare loot. problem Is I see it like monster hunter world so it's the normal for me to go for part's but people like ohhh big thing kill it, all you can do is go after a part yourself and hope others do too.

Breaking boss parts does NOT increase weapon drop rates. There are certain bosses where people will want specific unit parts, but that's about it. For most cases, it's more efficient to kill a raid boss fast than it is to attack parts.

@Jay6x what I think you should go read the wiki mate clearly states and confirms you're wrong. It allows for extra rolls on loot unless people who have been playing the game for 8 years and did the math are all incorrect lol.

https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ドロップ村仢まとめ

Point proven while you do not need to destroy part's to get an item specifically it helps if you do and increases chances

why would you waste everyone time just for 4 more extra lambda drops ? huh ?

@WillfulChart930 said in Why people just don't break parts for bosses:

lambda

if that's all you got from reading actual factual information I have no time for people like you move along little 1 muppet but i can see that from your other posts.

@Blackichan08 said in Why people just don't break parts for bosses:

@Jay6x what I think you should go read the wiki mate clearly states and confirms you're wrong. It allows for extra rolls on loot unless people who have been playing the game for 8 years and did the math are all incorrect lol.

https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ドロップ村仢まとめ

Point proven while you do not need to destroy part's to get an item specifically it helps if you do and increases chances

Except that wiki page states "clearly" that the part breaking adds an individual drop that does not roll for the bosses main loot, only the assigned unit, which is exactly what he said.