I had posted this in the Unlimited Inventory thread and was PMed to be asked to make this in its own thread so essentially ideas to adjust the inventory a bit.
I honestly had a friend quit recently as he felt it was unfair to have game-related things for sale for AC if there was no way to get them in-game (he was fine with cosmetic items-- just not inventory expansions and storage slots being real money only).
Considering the inventory passes are definitely a way for them to get money,I could see an issue with unlimited (though, I'm not opposed to the idea), but some general suggestions I do think are important:
- 100 or 150 should be the new default. Not 50. There's so many more items in the game and thus, more things dropping which makes 50 incredibly rough to work with and I know so many people who didn't even give the game a try due to that.
- Maybe, at most, have some ways items can be traded it for Inventory slots (just maybe make it only 1-5 slots instead of 10).
- 200-250 is a good new inventory max. (Similarly, Default considering it's shared by all characters on your account on a ship should also be increased as well because again, there's SO MANY new items even outside the Crafting system with so many Scratches introduced over the years)
- Temporary storage is stupid. I've never seen temporary things work out on NA servers and I do think they should consider a flat unlock fee for those. Especially Material Storage.
- Similarly, with how limited Fresh Finds stuff is on top of the limited ways to earn Star Gems in this version, it's really hard to even justify the Material Storage price, temporary or not.
I get that part of it is also to just pick and choose what you pick up as loot, but it can take such the wind out of your sails when you're suddenly spending several minutes sorting your inventory while people are off taking care of the rest of the map or just having to toss everything in storage and fix it up later. It's not really fun and it comes off as a chore and really tiring if anything.