Inventory Adjustments?

I had posted this in the Unlimited Inventory thread and was PMed to be asked to make this in its own thread so essentially ideas to adjust the inventory a bit.

I honestly had a friend quit recently as he felt it was unfair to have game-related things for sale for AC if there was no way to get them in-game (he was fine with cosmetic items-- just not inventory expansions and storage slots being real money only).

Considering the inventory passes are definitely a way for them to get money,I could see an issue with unlimited (though, I'm not opposed to the idea), but some general suggestions I do think are important:

• 100 or 150 should be the new default. Not 50. There's so many more items in the game and thus, more things dropping which makes 50 incredibly rough to work with and I know so many people who didn't even give the game a try due to that.
    • Maybe, at most, have some ways items can be traded it for Inventory slots (just maybe make it only 1-5 slots instead of 10).
  • 200-250 is a good new inventory max. (Similarly, Default considering it's shared by all characters on your account on a ship should also be increased as well because again, there's SO MANY new items even outside the Crafting system with so many Scratches introduced over the years)
  • Temporary storage is stupid. I've never seen temporary things work out on NA servers and I do think they should consider a flat unlock fee for those. Especially Material Storage.
    • Similarly, with how limited Fresh Finds stuff is on top of the limited ways to earn Star Gems in this version, it's really hard to even justify the Material Storage price, temporary or not.

I get that part of it is also to just pick and choose what you pick up as loot, but it can take such the wind out of your sails when you're suddenly spending several minutes sorting your inventory while people are off taking care of the rest of the map or just having to toss everything in storage and fix it up later. It's not really fun and it comes off as a chore and really tiring if anything.

@Princesse-Jen I agree that these are some good suggestions and think that it would also be a good idea for the items that are equipped to not be counted as being inventory or at least be kept separate from your main inventory so you have more room to pick up loot

Material Storage should be a default feature of premium imo.

@TURION-MOONSTAR said in Inventory Adjustments?:

@Princesse-Jen I agree that these are some good suggestions and think that it would also be a good idea for the items that are equipped to not be counted as being inventory or at least be kept separate from your main inventory so you have more room to pick up loot

Yeah, I wish equipped items didn't count. It especially sucks for people who use various different weapons. I switched between Tailis and Rod in the Japanese version, but stuck exclusively to Rod this time partially due to space.

@Lorient said in Inventory Adjustments?:

Material Storage should be a default feature of premium imo.

This would also be a great adjustment, honestly? I was really surprised it wasn't. Especially considering they added the Mission Pass as part of Premium and it'd definitely be nice and feels like a premium thing that people could buy separately if they want.

@Lorient 100% agree. While you can earn this in game it actually requires you to play very actively in order to make sure you have enough stargems every month.

I also agree on the new suggested starting inventory space.

While I wouldn't mind a higher starting inventory, changing the mechanics / items themselves may be warranted rather than worrying about expanding said inventory. Such as the Summoner sweets and affixes: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5737/summoner-pet-sweets-box-and-affix-system-overhaul

I've linked your thread here, over there as well. As the general idea spawned from inventory management woes.