A more stable Install of PSO2

Greetings, time and time yet again, PSO has run into some sort of problem and given my prior post I'm going to throw that one completely out the window. There is in fact an even better way to get a stable and clean install of PSO2 on any PC, Just How? In a few , I will show you steps that I had to take on to be able to re-install the game. Its really quite simple- No fuss no muss.

CLEAN YOUR REGISTRY

First things first. So - you mayhaps ran into that problem that the MS store app does not respond any more ,Or even worse, You just so happen that you started up the game and the screen is stuck at "PRESS START" and then you notice in the left corner, It also reads - "NO CURRENT USER" But, fear not this is not the end. If your willing to give a go just again, I can tell you that you will be like - "Why didn't I do this from the very start."?

The first thing you will need to do is to clean your registry, this will un-associate any registry entries made to a prior install that will want to launch via the MS APP .The easiest method i found was to use a registry cleaner Like for instance CC Cleaner From pinform. GET IT HERE ( Make sure that you get the free version.)

Now that is done, We have to ensure that you are signed into ALL of the Xbox services and there are 3 in total that you will need.

THE XBOX COMPANION APP DOWNLOAD HERE
THE XBOX CONSOLE APP DOWNLOAD HERE
XBOX GAMING SERVICES DOWNLOAD HERE

As you DL and install each one, Make sure that you are signed in to all of them and Don't worry, Any character progress that you have made in game is SERVER side based, which means even if you log in from another location, you can still play all of your own characters.

Lastly, Open the Xbox app, In the top search windows, Search query for PSO2 , after it pops up, Click install and - that's it. The PSO2 launcher is INSTANTLY installed. Yes all 11 GB's worth. Now- Go ahead and run PSO2, Notice how the Launcher is updating the game and should take only 45 minutes or so, Not Like I had to endure 11 1/2 hours. Trust me, I dont wish that on anyone.

alt text THIS IS WHAT THE SCREEN LOOKS LIKE WHEN YOU OPEN IT.

Once the game has finished installing, that's it. You are good to go.

Janet ~

On Windows 10, the Xbox Companion and Console apps are the same app in the Windows/Microsoft Store. (They will redirect you to the same thing.)

OH.. thank you.. I see that now. It looks like the two apps are now consolidated. But ,it does the same thing.

Few days ago i learned, with great pain, that the more stable installation is to avoid WS as much as posible installing with ArksLayer Tweaker, just a PC restard and WS installation messed itself, the tweaker looks more stable, im no longer scared to restard my PC lol

I was skeptic about the tweaker but the game is working even better now (no idea how or why), an indie launcher is far more stable than this multimillion company store launcher... live to see, see to believe

This post is deleted!

Don't bother making the Windows Store version stable. Just follow this https://na.arks-layer.com/tweaker-install.html and your problems will be over. At the final step just put those two files to PSO2 Tweaker folder.

This isn't the windows store. You can get these from the Xbox Website. I just want the option available to those that also had a bad time with the tweaker and I am pretty sure that there are those that did so.