Ray or saiki

Which is better and why?

brissa is the best because easy to obtain no need to do insane grind

Ray. Each unit has 4 more pp.

@MagmaBlaze thank you. so overall PP is more important than stat set bonus?

I'm assuming you are comparing the ray units from the weapons badge shop. I do think Ray is better especially from there since the units come with mastery 3 which is a nice little bonus.

Heard Saiki is pretty much dead and has been for months.

@Tomoe

Saiki started dying the moment Ray units came into the game, but now since Ray units are a lot easier to obtain due to this current UQ, there is no logical reason to use Saiki, even when crafting comes.

I was under the impression that Saiki units were better if you were a Tech based class though as Ray doesn't benefit Tech classes much. Is this correct?

@Lorient said in Ray or saiki:

I was under the impression that Saiki units were better if you were a Tech based class though as Ray doesn't benefit Tech classes much. Is this correct?

No, once again even with crafted units (which mind you, will take awhile considering that you have to level up your crafting and all), Ray units are better stat wise and are actually better for Tech users (like Fo/Te) since their upgrade will give +25 bonus HP per unit, which is quite useful for low HP classes. Also, the most important thing is that 12* units allow for Unit Skill Slot Addition (not currently available, but it should exist in Ep4), which will allow 3 additional L Rings to be slotted in your units. Which is good since now these rings won't be consumed when doing so, a very annoying thing we JP players had to deal with up until Ep6.

So in total, Ray offers 150 HP and 27 PP total for 3 units, as well as 75 ATK. This is before you factor in your own affixes on each unit.

i.e Ray and Union Arm

alt text alt text

@Novaline How does this compare to the Saiki set though?

(Curious because I already have a maxed out Saiki set from farming and I really don't want to invest in a new set if I don't have to. If the only bonus atm is 25 HP, I think I'm safe to just grab a set and let it sit in storage until EP4 when we can put ring skills into it. That's the only thing I could really see tipping the scales.)

@Lorient said in Ray or saiki:

@Novaline How does this compare to the Saiki set though?

(Curious because I already have a maxed out Saiki set from farming and I really don't want to invest in a new set if I don't have to. If the only bonus atm is 25 HP, I think I'm safe to just grab a set and let it sit in storage until EP4 when we can put ring skills into it. That's the only thing I could really see tipping the scales.)

Uncrafted Saiki set has total of HP+ 150, PP+ 25 and all ATK (Melee, RNG and Tech) +60.

As mentioned, Ray offers HP+ 150, PP+ 27, and all ATK (Melee, RNG and Tech) + 75

So overall the Ray units outperform the Saiki set in raw stats.

@Zizel Ok, thanks. That's what I wanted to know. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and work on a new set. XD

Ray is also future proof because if you wanna affix ring augments to your units you need 12*+ rarity units by the time we get that feature.

Gonna necro this thread because they didn't really give you the fill in on Saiki's crafted set bonus, which is over 50 pp. the raw set bonuses like plus attk power, plus dex, should not be sought after because they are a difference of 20 points from other units, which isn't going to be remotely noticeable towards your damage output. its all about the affixes in that department. Likw you asked, casters will actually benefit a lot more from using a saiki set than a ray set, because when crafted, ray will not be able to increase its pp value. saiki will be able to give you plus 50 pp which is several more casts, and as a force, you're not ever going to want to chance taking even a single hit honestly, so an hp set bonus is kind of irrelevant in my opinion. So if youre a Fo/Te Fo/Br and plan on going Fo/Ph later id recommend saiki over ray

@baboonized said in Ray or saiki:

Gonna necro this thread because they didn't really give you the fill in on Saiki's crafted set bonus, which is over 50 pp. the raw set bonuses like plus attk power, plus dex, should not be sought after because they are a difference of 20 points from other units, which isn't going to be remotely noticeable towards your damage output. its all about the affixes in that department. Likw you asked, casters will actually benefit a lot more from using a saiki set than a ray set, because when crafted, ray will not be able to increase its pp value. saiki will be able to give you plus 50 pp which is several more casts, and as a force, you're not ever going to want to chance taking even a single hit honestly, so an hp set bonus is kind of irrelevant in my opinion. So if youre a Fo/Te Fo/Br and plan on going Fo/Ph later id recommend saiki over ray

You only need about ~180PP on things like FoTe for the time being, and Ray/Union will give you that and you can still get HP on those units. I'd rather suggest to people to use the units with ring slot futureproof, which gives you 1 L ring per, making you able to use 4 different rings, 5 technically if combination ring.

Saying HP is irrelevant is the equivalent of saying "I have no idea what I'm talking about". Ep6, EVERYONE is going to want to affix for HP. Currently right now? If you don't have HP affixed, you can still get 1shot in content like UltQ.

So no, Ray/Union is the way to go and you basically bumped the post for no reason.