Independence Day Event, why no event for Canada Day

I'm very sad to dosent see any event about Canada day who come beford the Independence Day Event, i was thinking it the NA version not the USA version, and just for information Canada have more territory in American than USA.

@Netsun said in Independence Day Event, why no event for Canada Day:

I'm very sad to dosent see any event about Canada day who come beford the Independence Day Event, i was thinking it the NA version not the USA version, and just for information Canada have more territory in American than USA.

Well, if we are going down that road, what about Mexican Independence? No, not Cinco de Mayo, but why not add that as well. Maybe Dia de los muertos (Day of the Dead)? If we get down to the nitty gritty, the continental north America has so many cultures and special events for them, we can fill a gaming calander for the next 30years.

It may have more territory but most of that is empty space. The U.S has a larger Population hence larger consumer base.

But Yeah Canada did kind of get the shaft. Next Year as feedback they really should consider adding some Canadian iconography inspired outfits and the Maple leaf flag.

@Netsun

Isn't this server primarily U.S and Canada? Unless this is isn't the case they wouldn't need to go down that road.

The Global Servers would need to figure out a way to handle that though.

decent bait i guess

wrong thread. deleted.

This event was also "easy" for the devs to implement considering Ep 4 has an area based on Las Vegas(same map as the current VR Training Urgent Quest).

I see this is your first time playing an NA-version of MMO. Canada Day always gets the shaft to Independence Day.

They could of been even more non-caring to Canadian players and only make the Independence Day boost to the United States' Independence Day only instead of making it a week.

I do think still, it's only fair to have included Canada-themed attire, at the very least.

The event is just lazily recycled ep4 assets to market a preview of what's to come, that's why.

But hey, all but free Ray units.

If that were the case, How about something like, I dunno an International day.? The easiest thing to do is just simply change certain Npcs in certain areas to match the clothing of different people. With a Little twist they could also add International themed Client orders? That would be pretty neat. Oh OH!-- and how about offering something similar in the fresh finds shop? and even AC scratch tickets!!?

Can you imagine HOW MUCH MONEY they could make?

While I personaly oppose the introduction of real world national holidays into video games such as this as a general principle, since that ship has clearly already sailed with regard to PSO2, I feel it is only fair to extend the same courtesy to the people of other nations included in this service region that we extended to our American brothers and sisters by holding this Independence Day event.

This at least certainly includes Canada, and possibly includes countries within Central America and the Carribbean (although since there are so many, a single holiday for each sub-region may have to suffice). Thus I offer my somewhat reluctant support in the hopes that we can help make more players feel welcomed and acknowledged.

As Golbleen mentioned, this event primarily uses already existing assets. What assets could we use for other such holidays? While it's not exactly accurate to the reality of much of the Canadian geography that people actually live in, we do have a tundra tileset that we could draw from for a quest or lobby decorations.

Outfits and accessories might be more resource intensive, but something simple like a hockey player, lumberjack or voyageur outfit might be possible. The model for US flag cape accessory could easily be re-used for a Canadian flag cape, although I don't think the Canadian flag is as significant in Canadian culture as the US flag is in US culture, so maybe a different symbol would be preferred.

A bigger problem may be the proximity of Canada Day to Independence Day as the developers may not want to use such resources on an overlapping event. Are there other, similarily significant holidays in Canada that would serve as alternatives to fill out the event calender? I know that there's Victoria Day, but that might not be specific enough to Canada to qualify and might been seen as offensive to anti-monarchists.

That's because Canada doesn't exist.

@Fester sounds like you live in south canada

.....Eh?

eh sure why not, lets toss in Canada day.