To anyone who is still having issues,GET THE TWEAKER.

For real,I keep seeing people making new posts about having issues and looking for a fix. Currently your best bet is to install with the Tweaker. It doesn't matter how many posts people will make trying to find a fix because this is something that SEGA and/or Microsoft needs to address themselves. Save yourself the headache and go find the tweaker.

Can't really pin the Tweaker as a topic now can they.. 😳

@XUL I don't know,but its astounding how many people are still trying to fight with the MS store version.

@Morgothryuzaki said in To anyone who is still having issues,GET THE TWEAKER.:

@XUL I don't know,but its astounding how many people are still trying to fight with the MS store version.

its not, since every day new people join. you just assume they are already aware of the tweaker.

@GrandTickler87 One of the reason I made this post with the title I put. This should help direct people to this,I just don't want to give out the full informations just in case that eventually this leads to a ban.

I've seen situations where you could be banned for less. 🤔

I hope their 'fight' can help upgrade the Microsoft Store. Bugs aren't fun features.

@XUL For sure,if all of this can be fixed,then its great. But until then I have to use what I can...

The tweaker definately helps most people.

However be aware that there have been recent cases of Tweaker not being able to be installed on to windows 10 computers after the last two updates.

My allliance member had the game uninstall on her and spent time removing all the files and then attempted to install the Tweaker, while launching the tweaker install she was greeted with: This product does not work with this version of windows.

@SleeprunnerInc said in To anyone who is still having issues,GET THE TWEAKER.:

However be aware that there have been recent cases of Tweaker not being able to be installed on to windows 10 computers after the last two updates.

My allliance member had the game uninstall on her and spent time removing all the files and then attempted to install the Tweaker, while launching the tweaker install she was greeted with: This product does not work with this version of windows.

that only happens if you dont read the guide properly (including the 2 following, poorly linked pages), it has nothing to do with the windows updates

https://na.arks-layer.com/setup.html the first link to page 2 is a button at the bottom, then theres another link at the bottom to bring you to page 3, but its not a button anymore.i assume your aliance member forgot about page3

The Tweaker is a great work around. However i suggest doing a clean un-install then re-installing through the microsoft store and not the APP. When it's fully installed, make you're way to the PSO2 bin folder and change ownership to yourself. I've had 0 issues so far and never needed the Tweaker.

Personally i think that people who are still having issues still with Win10 either ~

1. Have not fully updated Win10.
  2. Don't have an authentic copy of windows. (Pirated)
  3. Never activated Windows.
  4. Used the Windows APP for everything.

But it seems to me, issues revolved around the windows APP and not going through the actual windows store on Chrome. Take for example all the people having issues buying AC through the APP. It happened to me as well.

Hopefully we can pinpoint the exact problem and fix it. But with Steam coming, thinking we won't.

The Tweaker isn't 100% perfect but it's a massive help. For some reason, every update such as this one and Sonic, I'm forced to check 90k files just to install like 23 files AND some people claimed that the updates kill the tweraker for some reason but I haven't seen a bunch of these myself so it's just a rare case. I'm able to restart my PC too without it yeeting itself.

Make sure you do a 100% fresh clean install though. I haven't had a problem since.

Been using the tweaker since launch and had no issues whatsoever, might only switch when a steam version drops.

@Kuon said in To anyone who is still having issues,GET THE TWEAKER.:

The Tweaker is a great work around. However i suggest doing a clean un-install then re-installing through the microsoft store and not the APP. When it's fully installed, make you're way to the PSO2 bin folder and change ownership to yourself. I've had 0 issues so far and never needed the Tweaker.

Personally i think that people who are still having issues still with Win10 either ~

1. Have not fully updated Win10.
  2. Don't have an authentic copy of windows. (Pirated)
  3. Never activated Windows.
  4. Used the Windows APP for everything.

But it seems to me, issues revolved around the windows APP and not going through the actual windows store on Chrome. Take for example all the people having issues buying AC through the APP. It happened to me as well.

Hopefully we can pinpoint the exact problem and fix it. But with Steam coming, thinking we won't.

I am also suspecting the Windows Version/Updates is a major factor myself. I am currently running Windows 10 1909 myself and have had 0 issues from day one (not going to update to 2004 any time soon). I've obviously switched over to the tweaker as soon as I found it it was usable on the NA version

For users who mention they have the "no account" error, you may check to see if your Windows 10 is set to log you in (automatically) to your Microsoft account. Start > Settings Cog > Accounts > Email & Accounts see if you see under the "Accounts used by other apps" if your MS account is listed. You can do this on a local computer account and don't need log into your computer using your MS Account.

I Tried to use the tweaker and It was very unstable. Then I had to install that file that unassociates all of the MS store with Pso2. Then, running Pso2 from the tweaker still didn't help, PSO2 would start, But would have at the screen as " NO CURRENT USER"

So to me.. at this point.. the tweaker is JUST AS BAD and took forever to DL the game, almost 2 days. SO I manually deleted it Then I installed 3 apps. the Xbox console App - The Xbox Companion App and the Xbox Gaming services app. So I just opened the Xbox companion app (Make sure that you are signed in to your accounts), and it was easy.. It installed the launched in like.. Less than 5 minutes! Then I ran PSO2 , the launcher opened and updated the game , ( You know the 93 K files or so..), But it only took 45 Minutes. Not like the tweaker that I stood up all night waiting to finish like almost 10 hours. ( The tweaker was terrible.) So now , the game runs beautifully, no lag in the lobby whatsoever. I dunno maybe we should let everyone know that the GOTO should be thru the XBOX companion app.

@GrandTickler87 said in To anyone who is still having issues,GET THE TWEAKER.:

@SleeprunnerInc said in To anyone who is still having issues,GET THE TWEAKER.:

that only happens if you dont read the guide properly (including the 2 following, poorly linked pages), it has nothing to do with the windows updates

https://na.arks-layer.com/setup.html the first link to page 2 is a button at the bottom, then theres another link at the bottom to bring you to page 3, but its not a button anymore.i assume your aliance member forgot about page3

Did you read what I said?

The Installer doesn't even launch.

When you download the file from the site and activate the file, it wont allow you to launch it.