Slave Weapon Name Change

@Sparhawk said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Remove the summoner class! It's using slave labor of pets to fight enemies for us. This is highly inapprorate and needs to be removed. If we can't stand the sight of a bath scenes and a name on a weapon then clearly we need to remove the slave trainer class that sends out slave pets to do our work for us. Let's go the whole nine yards here and just remove anything and everything even the tinyiest bit offenesive. We can't have let people have hurt feelings over a couple decriptions for a weapon that we use to mass slaughter other alien beings with. Just remove everything that's upsets anyone. It's all fair and just right. No mean words, no mean slavers swinging their nasty weapons and pets around massing killing everything.

Remove Pietro from the game, he clearly mistreats his pets.

@NIC said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Gotta say, these threads are a treat if you have popcorn. So much fair discussion, and no logical fallacies at all anywhere.

You don't understand. They changed scenes and names of weapons without first consulting people like Spawhawk and SleeprunnerInc. Do you know how important they are? Do you know how bad this is going to look for Sega? Gamers aren't taking this anymore. We are going to rise up and show Sega that censorship will ultimately kill the game. Not the bot problems. Not the bad translations. Not the lack of content. This kind of stuff right here. 🤡

Practice more empathy. If it makes even one person more comfortable then it was worth the name change.

@Akakomuma said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Practice more empathy. If it makes even one person more comfortable then it was worth the name change.

No one should've been uncomfortable to begin with since it wasn't about THAT.

@Machenta19 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@KnightHarb1nger said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Clicks the timer on when "Raven" will get tagged for cultural misappropriation.

09/02/2020 00:00:00

Aaaand go!

o/ =^.^=

Ravens are black, sometimes get confused for a crow. Jim Crow, boom Ravens are racist, this weapon series infringes on my safety as an african american, please report.

I think I like you.

@Ephemiel said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@MarshalTobias32 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@Machenta19 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@Oresplendent1 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I appreciate the name change to Raven. "Slave" is not a good place really in any context.

Boo hoo, it's a word in the English dictionary, get over yourself. Maybe you should look up the weapon series details and know why it was called Slave

Wut details?

It's literally on the first page of the thread.

Weapons have flavor text in JP [idk why this wasn't brought over]. The Slave weapon's text is

''A sealed devil weapon from an early era. The user's hardships will call the power of destruction sealed within.''

The implication of calling the weapons "Slave" weapons is because we're slaves to the dark power within them.

Ah that, they dumbed it down in the Global version.

@Scerms77 It started out as an American and British thing, but it's become a worldly concern thanks to the internet. Politics are an extremely touchy subject, especially lately, so I'm sure it was altered with that in mind.

@Ephemiel You know how things are these days lol I'm just glad the Independence Day event was able to happen with relatively minor protest.

1st this is a bait thread. Ya'll got baited super hard with this.

2nd why are some people acting like the world is ending? This hardly affects anything at all. Feels like old man screaming at clouds to me.

@GamerKillance One reason people are upset at this is because when the bath cutscenes were removed from episode 4, people said this would follow a slippery slope and more things would be censored, and that ended up happening with this latest patch. So if the trend keeps going, we'll only see more and more censorship happening, as Sega seems to be trying to claw its way back to a T rating.

@TheMerfox said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@GamerKillance One reason people are upset at this is because when the bath cutscenes were removed from episode 4, people said this would follow a slippery slope and more things would be censored, and that ended up happening with this latest patch. So if the trend keeps going, we'll only see more and more censorship happening, as Sega seems to be trying to claw its way back to a T rating.

A bath scene with underage girls in it. I question the morality of those wanting it back in as with the people who want to make child characters in this version. Often times you can read them like books on their motives and I bet ANYTHING most are the very definition of impure.

The name itself has very little relevance. Number of name changes already happened with this version. Great example is changing D-arkers to Falspawn. Such changes happen because of how localization works. Things get adjusted to match the culture or rules of said country. Considering what's happening in the United States and the impact its having on the world it isn't surprising they changed it.

https://www.gamedesigning.org/gaming/localization/

Read up and you'll get an idea. I say this summarizes threads like these quite well.