Slave Weapon Name Change

The reason developers and publishers listen to minorities is usually cause they bring up a topic such as the SLAVE term and start twisting it around and saying how the Game is being offensive by including it and then spreading the word around.

MOst people DO NOT do their research so they will instead witch hunt the devs and voila, the minority just started a snowball effect.

Honestly if a minority talks about something that needs to be changed, it's usually worth checking if they do actually play the game and have done their research on the subject before listening to them.

@Alineah said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

You can look at whats happening with Persona and with what happened with Tracer in overwatch in which they changed their pose for example.

Still asking for some actual citation here; give me some hard evidence these were capitulations and not developers choosing to change their product willingly in the face of criticism. Because people constantly demand media change to suit their whims - like how people demanded a new ending for Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 3. Or how even now there's an expansive petition demanding they re-write The Last of Us 2 entirely because people are offended by how the story progressed. That kind of attitude has always been persistent, from these modern events to christian parental groups crusading against violence in video games or satanism in D&D, or even older still because everyone knows that rock music coming through the radio would turn the youth into wild anarchists.

However; criticizing media is also not "Cancel Culture". "Cancel Culture" has become a politically loaded bogeyman despite the fact that literally no one who's been "canceled" has ever actually faced any long standing consequences. There's literally nothing wrong with looking at a piece of work and pointing out the flaws in it; art can only improve through effort and critique and any artist that exists solely in an echo chamber will never produce higher quality work and as long as media goes unquestioned and uncriticized culture will never change and, instead, stagnate.

People are free to voice their displeasure with something just as you are free to voice your pleasure with it, to disagree with them or agree with people who support your opinions. You will, however, notice that the people you disagree with aren't the ones stomping into threads and demanding anything they disagree with be deleted or muted and personally attacking people rather than attempting to point out why they disagree. You complain about "twitter mobs" as a dismissive catch-all for people you don't agree with, yet seem to think the people you do share views with aren't just as guilty of the same mob mentality you pin on your opponents. Which leads to this;

also i find people that complain about the said "name" of a weapon because it triggers them or offends them

You, and many others, make several mental leaps to not only ignore what other people express about their own opinions: but outright assume and project when they don't say anything at all. You are always quick to go on and on about how triggered and offended the people who point out that maybe X thing is insensitive are; but what of the people who spend page after page frothing at the mouth solely because someone had a dissenting opinion? Because, yo, someone is definitely mad and triggered but it isn't OP who made one devil's advocate post and it's like that in every single one of these threads.

Because you'll note that no one ever actually demanded that anything be changed or removed. Even OP simply said;

@Varicose00 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I would love if there were some sort of petition to change the name more fitting of a weapon that goes in line with Nemesis.

Yet every person barging in - and even you, attributing so much malice to random people on twitter - seem to think that there are unknown masses holding knives to developer's throats trying to not only force, but demand, change rather than simply stating what they think would be better, which is something most people do when it comes to the media they consume.

@Nuebot said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

You can look at whats happening with Persona and with what happened with Tracer in overwatch in which they changed their pose for example.

Still asking for some actual citation here; give me some hard evidence these were capitulations and not developers choosing to change their product willingly in the face of criticism. Because people constantly demand media change to suit their whims - like how people demanded a new ending for Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 3. Or how even now there's an expansive petition demanding they re-write The Last of Us 2 entirely because people are offended by how the story progressed. That kind of attitude has always been persistent, from these modern events to christian parental groups crusading against violence in video games or satanism in D&D, or even older still because everyone knows that rock music coming through the radio would turn the youth into wild anarchists.

However; criticizing media is also not "Cancel Culture". "Cancel Culture" has become a politically loaded bogeyman despite the fact that literally no one who's been "canceled" has ever actually faced any long standing consequences. There's literally nothing wrong with looking at a piece of work and pointing out the flaws in it; art can only improve through effort and critique and any artist that exists solely in an echo chamber will never produce higher quality work and as long as media goes unquestioned and uncriticized culture will never change and, instead, stagnate.

People are free to voice their displeasure with something just as you are free to voice your pleasure with it, to disagree with them or agree with people who support your opinions. You will, however, notice that the people you disagree with aren't the ones stomping into threads and demanding anything they disagree with be deleted or muted and personally attacking people rather than attempting to point out why they disagree. You complain about "twitter mobs" as a dismissive catch-all for people you don't agree with, yet seem to think the people you do share views with aren't just as guilty of the same mob mentality you pin on your opponents. Which leads to this;

also i find people that complain about the said "name" of a weapon because it triggers them or offends them

You, and many others, make several mental leaps to not only ignore what other people express about their own opinions: but outright assume and project when they don't say anything at all. You are always quick to go on and on about how triggered and offended the people who point out that maybe X thing is insensitive are; but what of the people who spend page after page frothing at the mouth solely because someone had a dissenting opinion? Because, yo, someone is definitely mad and triggered but it isn't OP who made one devil's advocate post and it's like that in every single one of these threads.

Because you'll note that no one ever actually demanded that anything be changed or removed. Even OP simply said;

@Varicose00 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I would love if there were some sort of petition to change the name more fitting of a weapon that goes in line with Nemesis.

Yet every person barging in - and even you, attributing so much malice to random people on twitter - seem to think that there are unknown masses holding knives to developer's throats trying to not only force, but demand, change rather than simply stating what they think would be better, which is something most people do when it comes to the media they consume.

Persona and Overwatch count, if you think they dont then this will be my last post here because im not going bother arguing someone in denial, willingly or not they changed or removed content because a few people complained about it. You also listed games that masses also complained about, from journalists to gamers, and metacritic scores more or less can reflect that as well as the second week of the games sales.

You can criticize other people's opinions as well, did you forget that? because thats what people seem to be doing here too, criticizing. Or does it only bother you if it comes from one side? i have chosen my side and thats why i criticize other people's views to change this because i DO NOT want it changed, simply as that.

I had multiple family members of mine been shot and stabbed as well, but im not calling for the removal of swords, partisans, or bullet-based weapons because of that, if the name "slave" is that triggering for you seek therapy then, is not the game's fault or anyone elses that a word that has no context or completely different context to what you're referring to it happens to be something you find so deeply offensive that you want it removed.

And just as much as everyone else is free to voice their displeasure about something in attempt to convince devs and publishers to change things i also have every single damn right as they do for me to tell them why it shouldn't altered or changed and even tell the person why they could be wrong, so what's your point?

Persona and Overwatch count

I reiterate: cite sources.

You can criticize other people's opinions as well, did you forget that?

But you're not criticizing their opinion, the majority of posts here aren't. They're simply calling the OP stupid or otherwise strawmanning in the vein of;

if the name "slave" is that triggering for you seek therapy then, is not the game's fault or anyone elses that a word that has no context or completely different context to what you're referring to it happens to be something you find so deeply offensive that you want it removed.

Which has literally nothing to do with anything said in this topic, or the other.

And just as much as everyone else is free to voice their displeasure about something in attempt to convince devs and publishers to change things

And no one has told you that you don't. In fact, no one has tried to silence you either. Yet if you look at this thread, or any similar, it's filled with people demanding they, or similar topics, be locked and people with these views be silenced. It's almost like people are hypocritically only anti-censorship when it's in their favor.

@Kofi9867 don't worry, the alt-right trolls are here in this thread too now to force the thread to become "off topic" so that they can petition it to be locked/moved

@Nuebot said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Persona and Overwatch count

I reiterate: cite sources.

You can criticize other people's opinions as well, did you forget that?

But you're not criticizing their opinion, the majority of posts here aren't. They're simply calling the OP stupid or otherwise strawmanning in the vein of;

if the name "slave" is that triggering for you seek therapy then, is not the game's fault or anyone elses that a word that has no context or completely different context to what you're referring to it happens to be something you find so deeply offensive that you want it removed.

Which has literally nothing to do with anything said in this topic, or the other.

And just as much as everyone else is free to voice their displeasure about something in attempt to convince devs and publishers to change things

And no one has told you that you don't. In fact, no one has tried to silence you either. Yet if you look at this thread, or any similar, it's filled with people demanding they, or similar topics, be locked and people with these views be silenced. It's almost like people are hypocritically only anti-censorship when it's in their favor.

And here i was hoping this thread to die already after your last post, but i guess im being too hopeful for that

ill give it to you that a few people in here were trying to shut OP down, heck even me personally but thats none other because i got very good reasons to believe this is a troll thread when i look at OPs refusal to contribute to this thread or heck even do any other post on this forum, politics easily brings the worst in people so this is good bait if anything to rile people up.

Also the sources you wanted https://nichegamer.com/2020/02/18/report-did-resetera-orchestrate-the-censorship-of-persona-5-royal/

https://www.polygon.com/2016/3/28/11321138/overwatch-tracer-pose-removal

Can we closed this topic GM? It's a troll, not a real complaint.

Its not censosrhip, its a terrible term to apply to this non-situaion. Its a feature request/complaint, and if they didnt give it to the jp servers, its not coming here. Ah well, moving along....

@Golbleen

ohhh the "alt right" boogeyman excuse. Mate Anyone with an ounce of common sense can tell this is a clear troll/bait topic.

Congrats! Your voices have been heard, Slave is now Ravenpso20200902_071913_000.jpg

If you are loud enough, you will have those changes you want. Even if its something as small as a name change apparently.

Should have happened awhile. I called this weeks into their release.

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Should have happened awhile. I called this weeks into their release.

TBH yea this is one of the things that should been changed from release. Slave Shooter and Slave Chain is not exactly a good name for a weapon. Shooter in particular. You Pull the Trigger, and people will be triggered. 🐷

SJWs win again! Now we have to call Profound Darkness something else because that might offend us people of color, too

@Machenta19 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

SJWs win again! Now we have to call Profound Darkness something else because that might offend us people of color, too

Profound Dankness. 🤠

On a serious note, if you were truly offended by a weapon series called "Slave", you shouldn't be on the internet.