Slave Weapon Name Change

Lol so my thread gets taken down, but this one stays up? Not just that, but a GM drops in and tells people to be civil? My thread didn't have half of that courtesy! lmfao.

This post is deleted!

@Kofi9867 If yours wasn't about Slaves, American, Uncle Sam, Loli's, Wars and 1700-1940's, anything off-topic and other shit, it wasn't sufficient data for them, sorry, it had to go.

Just play the game and that's it ?

Is it too hard to do such a simple thing ?

Why do people complain about literally anything ? "rename it" "why did we get indepence day and not blabla day" etc bruh

@Superbia6868 Ask the Cancel Culture people.

@SleeprunnerInc You know what's funny, I was chewed out on the thread about height restrictions, for my theory as to why there was height censorship. I was told that such a niche community wouldn't have any cancel culture, and basically told to shut up, because I didn't know what I was talking about. While still in the minority here, this just proves my point. People will always find something to complain about, and large corporations, almost always try to please everyone, instead of their target audience out of fear of backlash.

Society at large should just start ignoring these people, because all they ever do is ruin everything they touch, and complain, even after they got what they wanted, because the market for the show, movie or game died off, due to its original set of customers, (that actually supported them with money) leaving in disappointment. That's how it always goes. Those that complain the loudest, are never actually the ones that spent their money on it in the first place, and those that leave because something they enjoyed was ruined, left to find something else to enjoy.

@Varicose00

I get where you're coming from, but you cant erase the word from all uses. Puritanical excursions tends to lead to tyranny. and its insulting to our intelligence.

Also, just like with social media, your opinion is interesting, but you speak for no one. Let it go, not worth the fuss.

#jussayin

@Anarchy-Marine

WTH is height censorship?

Id love to have the option of taller chars myself.

The end is near for the whinebabies that dont reflect significant interest. companies will soon start telling them to be quiet.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@SleeprunnerInc You know what's funny, I was chewed out on the thread about height restrictions, for my theory as to why there was height censorship. I was told that such a niche community wouldn't have any cancel culture, and basically told to shut up, because I didn't know what I was talking about. While still in the minority here, this just proves my point. People will always find something to complain about, and large corporations, almost always try to please everyone, instead of their target audience out of fear of backlash.

Society at large should just start ignoring these people, because all they ever do is ruin everything they touch, and complain, even after they got what they wanted, because the market for the show, movie or game died off, due to its original set of customers, (that actually supported them with money) leaving in disappointment. That's how it always goes. Those that complain the loudest, are never actually the ones that spent their money on it in the first place, and those that leave because something they enjoyed was ruined, left to find something else to enjoy.

You know what's funny?

The Cancel culture will keep attacking if you step to their demands, but if you ignore them, they vanish and scatter quickly since something else will capture their eyes.

Just don't listen and aknowledge them and BAWM they are gone.

@ARKHAM-CANNON Basically players from NA and abroad used a VPN, to play this previously region locked game, in Japan for the last eight years, and with the NA release they were all excited to transfer their character data over. This then brought to their attention that their data would then not work as intended, as some of their characters were either to tall, or to short, to be ported over as they were.

Essentially you can't make your character as tall, or as short as in the JP version, which is considered by many, censorship. Bringing that full circle to the topic here, changing any aspect of the game, can, and will most certainly be seen as censorship, including changing the name of a weapon, that simply lacks any flavor text in its description, thus explaining the name of the weapon.

I was essentially told I was wrong for my theory as to why censorship was happening in another aspect of the game, which included people complaining and cancel culture. This by a very narrow minded set of people, unwisely claiming that no such culture exists in game, when even my symbol art, saved from other players, have been censored. All of which broke none of the ToS, Code of Conduct rules. The culture does very much exist, and they are everywhere. It's like cancer, or an infection, it spreads everywhere when left unchecked.

Not gonna lie, it would be nice. I’m not super butthurt about it, but it does feel a bit icky talking about slave weapons. There are a plethora of alternative names you could use, some that might be even more descriptive.

As long as somewhere in the process they don’t LOSE some of them for Visiphone searches. My god is that frustrating. I can probably count on multiple hands the number of items that EXIST on the store, but don’t come up on a search. Zanverse for instance. Oh it’s there, but search “Zan”, “Zanverse”, or whatever and you won’t find it as a search term. Had to manually scroll through wind techniques until I found one for my Techter, and it’s not the last time I’ve had to do that.

@ARKHAM-CANNON Basically players from NA and abroad used a VPN, to play this previously region locked game

The game was never region locked, you never had to use a VPN.

Also the irony about a bunch of people now complaining about "cancel culture" while wanting to stomp out any dissenting opinions is amazing. Keep it up, guys.

@Nuebot said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@ARKHAM-CANNON Basically players from NA and abroad used a VPN, to play this previously region locked game

The game was never region locked, you never had to use a VPN.

Also the irony about a bunch of people now complaining about "cancel culture" while wanting to stomp out any dissenting opinions is amazing. Keep it up, guys.

when hundreds of games were censored because of them i dont see why they wont go at it fiercely to avoid the censorship, theyre a vocal minority after all, if no one says anything to them back then the devs/publishers will just do what they want, so people's opposing opinions for those putting these opinions also matter a lot.

Eitherway i have concluded this is a troll thread, OP hasnt said a single thing and this their only post in the entire forum.

@Alineah said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

when hundreds of games were censored because of them

Gonna need a citation on that one, chief.

if no one says anything to them back then the devs/publishers will just do what they want

That doesn't make any real sense. Typically speaking a publisher will do whatever makes them the most money and putting in extra work to appease an absolute minority of people doesn't make you a lot of money. So either these people aren't a minority, if it is true that people are altering products to appease them, or perhaps the people against the changes simply aren't worth investing in from a business standpoint.

@Nuebot said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

when hundreds of games were censored because of them

Gonna need a citation on that one, chief.

if no one says anything to them back then the devs/publishers will just do what they want

That doesn't make any real sense. Typically speaking a publisher will do whatever makes them the most money and putting in extra work to appease an absolute minority of people doesn't make you a lot of money. So either these people aren't a minority, if it is true that people are altering products to appease them, or perhaps the people against the changes simply aren't worth investing in from a business standpoint.

You can look at whats happening with Persona and with what happened with Tracer in overwatch in which they changed their pose for example.

You can also look at Sony's Policy update back in 2018 as well as how a lot of devs and publishers take advices from Twitter mobs and Reset era which is overruned by those that take part of the cancel culture, hell they're even known to have doxxed people in there. Thankfully PSO2 has forums of its own, people that actually play this game or have any problems with playing it or have any feelings about it will talk about it here, we dont have to listen to mobs on twitter or reset era to know what could make this game better for others that are actually interested playing in this game. And yes those mobs are the minority, most people just play the game, many of them without even knowing what's been altered.

also i find people that complain about the said "name" of a weapon because it triggers them or offends them to have their priorities out of place when you can literally genocide, burn, shoot, cut, and stab and wound your enemies in this game, all that stuff happens to be acceptable, but god forbid we have a something called "slave", we have to change that.