Slave Weapon Name Change

This post is deleted!

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@Machenta19 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

On a serious note, if you were truly offended by a weapon series called "Slave", you shouldn't be on the internet.

And there’s the reason abortion is still legal.

Because women should have the choice on if they want to keep a baby or not? Yea sure, not sure what that has to do with anything. 🙂

HoW dArE dA SjWs RuIn MuH ViDeO GaMe Us GaMeRs NeEd To RiSe Up!

On a serious note, if you were truly offended by a weapon series called "Slave", you shouldn't be on the internet.

Because women should have the choice on if they want to keep a baby or not? Yea sure, not sure what that has to do with anything. 🙂

You just playing dumb right? That's a thinly veiled threat saying you shouldn't exist in response to your shouldn't be on the internet comment.

I personally am indifferent to a name change, however if there are people actually crying that the name was changed then you're kind of a sad pathetic person if this is what gets you worked up.

@HarmlessSyan said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

You just playing dumb right? That's a thinly veiled threat saying you shouldn't exist in response to your shouldn't be on the internet comment.

Shhhh, just let them be aggressive children. Doesn't make any difference to me.

This really is one of those "the flavor text shows why they're called like that" moments.

@Ephemiel said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

This really is one of those "the flavor text shows why they're called like that" moments.

Too bad they decided to remove the flavor text and now you just have babies crying about racist weapons without doing research.

@Ephemiel said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Too bad they decided to remove the flavor text and now you just have babies crying about racist weapons without doing research.

Even Anamana went berserk about it, even more reason to just ignore the guy.

Meh, doesn't change how the items works and, imo, Raven sounds better anyway. All in all, I personally see this as one of the better localization changes they've made.

@Lorient said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Meh, doesn't change how the items works and, imo, Raven sounds better anyway. All in all, I personally see this as one of the better localization changes they've made.

Especially for Bow. Slave Feather does sound kinda dumb.

Except for the fact the Japanese name for the series is still "Slave", so all you did was completely butcher the localization of the series. But I guess it also fits with the butchered translation for Global so SJWs win again.

Except for the fact the Japanese name for the series is still "Slave", so all you did was completely butcher the localization of the series. But I guess it also fits with the butchered translation for Global so SJWs win again.

Localization =/= Translation. I'm not one of those people who NEEDS the exact translation of the Japanese text for everything. As long as the item is functionally the same, doesn't really bother me what they localize it as.

I think the OP is overthinking things. It's a word that isn't even being used in reference of what the OP is thinking it is referencing. The name, as it is now, is perfectly fine. People even mentioned the lore behind it as to why they're called slave. Read it, OP. Then you'll understand more.

Jumping to conclusions and making assumptions without looking into the context is a rather closed-minded thing to be doing.

Localization =/= Translation. I'm not one of those people who NEEDS the exact translation of the Japanese text for everything. As long as the item is functionally the same, doesn't really bother me what they localize it as.

Doesn't bother YOU, it doesn't bother me either but I'll still call them out for conforming to the babies that were triggered at the word "Slave".