Slave Weapon Name Change

@Varicose00 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Assault Rifle- Slave Shooter Launcher- Slave Cannon Wire Lance- Slave Chain Jet Boots- Slave Shoes

I laughed more then needed.

@coldreactive said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Fun fact: Hard drives in computers have a "Master" or "Slave" designation. However, with SATA Drives no longer having the jumpers that IDE Drives had, making a SATA Drive a slave is harder.

They're trying to get rid of that.

@Velveteer4662 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@coldreactive said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Fun fact: Hard drives in computers have a "Master" or "Slave" designation. However, with SATA Drives no longer having the jumpers that IDE Drives had, making a SATA Drive a slave is harder.

They're trying to get rid of that.

I suppose changing Slave to "Sub" could be a better idea than removing slave altogether.

In PSO2, changing Slave to "Servant" would be acceptable. Though, I don't mind either way.

@Capt-Codpiece said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Slaves are not a single entity linked to one nation. there are SLAVES TO THIS DAY IN INDIA, THE MIDDLE EAST and NORTH AFRICA. read the old testament... the Jews were slaves to the egyptians, then the greeks and romans also took slaves.

Thankfully due to the acts of the western countries (Britain and America TBH), the slave trade was dissolved 200 years ago. we here in Britain only finished paying the debts from freeing those slaves in 2014.

No one is saying slavery was/is right, but we can not remove a word from our vocabulary because of acts in the past.

This is something that is not needed here, it's a weapon name get over it and research first before complaining about things. Thanks boomer

youre all getting trolled, op hasn't responded to this thread and this is their ONLY post

@Alineah Some people just gotta drink out of the punch bowl, even if someone puked in it.

(This has to be eight characters)

No.

Just a name...

@Varicose00

It was very courageous of you to make this thread. If this is how you feel, then you have my support for the motion to change the names of these items.

As others have mentioned, it's just a name, so changing it is a trivial matter if it bothers someone. There are countless, easy to reach for alternatives to describe a weapon with a demon sealed inside.

@NeirasRothmagia said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

to describe a weapon with a demon sealed inside

Bonded would also work. Or Bound.

Oh god, who let Neiras get to this thread, too?

If you guys are triggered by a fucking word, then just uninstall. I've never seen such thin-skinned individuals in one place at the same thing lmfao

@Novaline said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I've never seen such thin-skinned individuals in one place at the same thing lmfao

I dunno, there's three pages of them in this topic and twenty one pages of them in another. He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that.

@Nuebot said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@Novaline said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I've never seen such thin-skinned individuals in one place at the same thing lmfao

I dunno, there's three pages of them in this topic and twenty one pages of them in another. He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that.

Yeah, I had refrained from posting in this thread for the most part because I simply don't care about whether or not it's named slave. I've seen it used in JRPGs before as a suffix or prefix for certain items/skills/spells. Not to mention the famous super powerful attack Lina Inverse uses: https://kanzaka.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Slave

However, I wanted to chime in with specific suggestions, rather than hounding other people about whether they should care or not. I also tried to give a fun fact on the matter too, with the old IDE Drive terminology.

People should do research before bitching about naming conventions, the name itself translates to "Slave" from Japanese. This is the second post someone made about the name because their feelings got hurt or something. It's seriously dumb to keep multiple threads with the same question being asked up.

"Servant weapon" actually sounds a lot cooler. Imo.