Slave Weapon Name Change

@Frathlir said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I think the OP is overthinking things. It's a word that isn't even being used in reference of what the OP is thinking it is referencing. The name, as it is now, is perfectly fine. People even mentioned the lore behind it as to why they're called slave. Read it, OP. Then you'll understand more.

Jumping to conclusions and making assumptions without looking into the context is a rather closed-minded thing to be doing.

The thing is, this is coming back up again because they DID change the names with this new patch. Slave weapons are now Raven weapons.

@Machenta19 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@Lorient said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Meh, doesn't change how the items works and, imo, Raven sounds better anyway. All in all, I personally see this as one of the better localization changes they've made.

Except for the fact the Japanese name for the series is still "Slave", so all you did was completely butcher the localization of the series. But I guess it also fits with the butchered translation for Global so SJWs win again.

Localization =/= Translation. I'm not one of those people who NEEDS the exact translation of the Japanese text for everything. As long as the item is functionally the same, doesn't really bother me what they localize it as.

Doesn't bother YOU, it doesn't bother me either but I'll still call them out for conforming to the babies that were triggered at the word "Slave".

I mean, I agree that it didn't need a change. There wasn't anything offensive about it in the context it was used. But coming into a thread just to bitch about "the SJWs" just makes you look bad.

I didn't realize that, haven't logged in yet. Seems like a silly change to be doing. I'm sure there's more important things to worry about that are more impactful on the game than a name change.

What's next? going to remove the dreadlocks they recently released because of culture appropriation?

Meh, doesn't change how the items works and, imo, Raven sounds better anyway. All in all, I personally see this as one of the better localization changes they've made.

Except for the fact the Japanese name for the series is still "Slave", so all you did was completely butcher the localization of the series. But I guess it also fits with the butchered translation for Global so SJWs win again.

Localization =/= Translation. I'm not one of those people who NEEDS the exact translation of the Japanese text for everything. As long as the item is functionally the same, doesn't really bother me what they localize it as.

Doesn't bother YOU, it doesn't bother me either but I'll still call them out for conforming to the babies that were triggered at the word "Slave".

I mean, I agree that it didn't need a change. There wasn't anything offensive about it in the context it was used. But coming into a thread just to bitch about "the SJWs" just makes you look bad.

Oh well, I don't care what internet kids think about me. They're still childish to think that "Slave" is such a bad no-no word.

...sigh...

I appreciate the name change to Raven. "Slave" is not a good place really in any context.

@Oresplendent1 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

I appreciate the name change to Raven. "Slave" is not a good place really in any context.

This.

Boo hoo, it's a word in the English dictionary, get over yourself. Maybe you should look up the weapon series details and know why it was called Slave

Boo hoo, it's a word in the English dictionary, get over yourself. Maybe you should look up the weapon series details and know why it was called Slave

Wut details?

@MarshalTobias32 said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Wut details?

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Slave_Calibur

REad the flavortext.

Stop making it racist.

Next thing you know they will turn simple color like black into being racist.

@Machenta19 You're just mad (and for what really?). You'll get over it. Or not. I don't care.

@Machenta19 You're just mad (and for what really?). You'll get over it. Or not. I don't care.

I'm mad because of snowflakes like you trying to change everything because you can't leave your safe space without being offended.

And before you call me racist like people like yourself would, I'm a PoC too.

Clicks the timer on when "Raven" will get tagged for cultural misappropriation.

09/02/2020 00:00:00

Aaaand go!

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

Clicks the timer on when "Raven" will get tagged for cultural misappropriation.

09/02/2020 00:00:00

Aaaand go!

o/ =^.^=

Ravens are black, sometimes get confused for a crow. Jim Crow, boom Ravens are racist, this weapon series infringes on my safety as an african american, please report.