Slave Weapon Name Change

I have come to the realization with the coming of Independence day in celebration of America that the names of the powerful SLAVE weapons are TERRIBLE. For example:

Assault Rifle- Slave Shooter

Launcher- Slave Cannon

Wire Lance- Slave Chain

Jet Boots- Slave Shoes

It is funny in a way that this translation happened but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would love if there were some sort of petition to change the name more fitting of a weapon that goes in line with Nemesis.

Hm, another thread of this.

I didn't understand the need to make one then, still clueless for the creation of it now.

You have the right to be offended at the Sun for any reason. Let's not turn it off anytime soon.

Was Slave not the JP name? They could name it "Rival" or something lol.

OP's only goal is to incite.

Personally I see no need to censor a name that didn't hold ill-intent because then where would we stop at? This isn't a battle, no need to sharpen sticks.

oh look its a Troll thread, move a long now~

This post is deleted!

Slaves are not a single entity linked to one nation. there are SLAVES TO THIS DAY IN INDIA, THE MIDDLE EAST and NORTH AFRICA. read the old testament... the Jews were slaves to the egyptians, then the greeks and romans also took slaves.

Thankfully due to the acts of the western countries (Britain and America TBH), the slave trade was dissolved 200 years ago. we here in Britain only finished paying the debts from freeing those slaves in 2014.

No one is saying slavery was/is right, but we can not remove a word from our vocabulary because of acts in the past.

Ah Christ, here we go again.

No more cancel culture please. Just play the game.

While I have no problems with the naming of these in game, to those opposed to this thread, I feel the right course of action for you would be to set to ignore and report this thread instead of posting and keeping it bumped.

But again, that's just like, my opinion and all that, so keep being triggered at the triggered or something like that if you all want that. It's not like ignoring these resulted in the forum being flooded by these kinds of threads at a later time.

And yeah, this and my other post makes it 2 strikes in my "I don't want enemies but here's my slam" comments, but I really swear, I love you all. So next time we should be talking about waffles.

I mean tbf given recent events I can see why people might have a problem with it. I hate how everything needs to be politicized now a days but there's a fair point in this.

That being said, in JP they do in fact translate to "Slave" weapons, politically incorrect as it is. The question is, do we want a purist translation or a politically correct translation?

If it means that much then I would suggest making a thread in In-Game Suggestions about it.

CONTEXT MATTERS FFS.

It is not used in context to shooting an actual slave, nor to enslave a person.

Read the lore of the weapons ffs.

''A sealed devil weapon from an early era. The user's hardships will call the power of destruction sealed within.''

Slave calibur.

There's a demon enslaved inside of these weapons.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

CONTEXT MATTERS FFS.

It is not used in context to shooting an actual slave, nor to enslave a person.

Read the lore of the weapons ffs.

''A sealed devil weapon from an early era. The user's hardships will call the power of destruction sealed within.''

Slave calibur.

There's a demon enslaved inside of these weapons.

What lore? ![alt text](image url)https://i.redd.it/h7553o5pbb251.jpg

@A-Silver-King https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Slave_Calibur

They didn't fully bring over weapon flavour text.

Regardless, since OP hasn't taken any participation in the thread they've made, it's a troll thread.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Slave Weapon Name Change:

@A-Silver-King https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Slave_Calibur

Read the original text jackass.

993920e8-f4f3-4f8c-a04f-9c375a34a01a-image.png

And this is why NA need to put a proper weapons description...so people understand behind the meaning of each weps ._.