Lower Deletion Time.

Could you dramatically lower the time it takes to delete a character?

JP servers require a 24 hour period, which I understand is a tactic to drive sales for services they offer. Such as character slots, extra mags, etc.

While the game allows for ways of trying all the classes, they’re essentially gated behind real money transactions to do so. I can’t play a force / techer because my 3 slots are used, and the mags consist of S-ATK, RATK and Dex. And I have no way of getting AC in the americas (have iphone, no way to get pso2es to bypass) to buy a new mag or another slot, so my option was to delete a character so I could try em. Which I did obviously. But 24 hours is a bit much... 2-10 would be far more acceptable

I'm pretty sure Neverwinter and TESO require you to wait from 5-8 hours. I also believe one of them has a cooldown on character creation on top of that.

What's the motivation here? I'm not sure I understand why there would be cd on character deletion? How does that drive sales in JP?

@Rantious said in Lower Deletion Time.:

How does that drive sales in JP?

It would drive character slot sales. As it does in the games I mentioned. Though character slots in most western-published MMOs like Guild Wars 2 are given away in every expansion / major new content release (especially with a new class/job/profession or build) via a paid package option or otherwise.

@coldreactive said in Lower Deletion Time.:

How does that drive sales in JP?

It would drive character slot sales. As it does in the games I mentioned. Though character slots in most western-published MMOs like Guild Wars 2 are given away in every expansion / major new content release (especially with a new class/job/profession or build) via a paid package option or otherwise.

But how does a cooldown on deletion motivate that, though? I could see how only having 1 slot could spur you to buy more, but... I start with three slots, make two chars, have a third one... And somehow that prompts me to buy things? Maybe I'm an outlier since I tend to have 2-3 characters max, ever.

But how does a cooldown on deletion motivate that, though? I could see how only having 1 slot could spur you to buy more, but... I start with three slots, make two chars, have a third one... And somehow that prompts me to buy things? Maybe I'm an outlier since I tend to have 2-3 characters max, ever.

A lot of people make more characters to have more inventory space, rather than to subscribe to a premium service to have a materials chest like in TESO. In Final Fantasy XIV, which disallows you to send mail to/friend your own characters, people do this a lot with Free Companies (their guild/Alliance system.) Since you can use a free company chest, or a friend to transfer items between characters on your account. Keep in mind though, FFXIV has hundreds and hundreds of crafting materials. Along with fish, so it's easy to fill your 140 slot personal inventory, and two free retainers (which have about 170ish slots.) Along with your chocobo saddlebag (70 slots.) HQ (High Quality) items take up a separate inventory slot, so there's actually double the materials in most cases.

@coldreactive Oic, so inventory mules then. I guess that makes sense for hoarders. Thanks for the insight!

Oic, so inventory mules then. I guess that makes sense for hoarders. Thanks for the insight!

Playing Summoner in PSO2 might cause some inventory issues as well. Since Summoner allows you to get eggs and summoner-only items, unlike other classes, in addition to what drops normally.

Honestly, you’re setting yourself behind if you don’t level the three characters you’re given. Each character has their own seperate weeklies which is by far the best way to obtain maseta. (Upwards of 10 million per character each week)

My reasoning for why I would prefer it, is in my original post however. When someone makes a mistake creating their character or does not want to buy another character slot, mag or talent trees to try different builds etc. deleting a character To free the slot is the only option.

I can't tell you how many times me and friends have appreciated this feature, I don't think it will be changed. This feature is in place in case you forget something or you simply change your mind.

@Rzarcasm said in Lower Deletion Time.:

I can't tell you how many times me and friends have appreciated this feature, I don't think it will be changed. This feature is in place in case you forget something or you simply change your mind.

Can you share how you've appreciated the feature?

@Rzarcasm said in Lower Deletion Time.:

Can you share how you've appreciated the feature?

It is appreciated because it gave us time to go back and cancel the deletion. People change their minds a lot, and that's just the reality. Because of this, it's best left untouched in my opinion.

Hi all! We appreciate this suggestion, and always want feedback from people regarding how they feel about a feature. I can tell you that the main reason this is 24 hours is because many people have invested a TON of time into these characters, especially with being able to level multiple classes and therefore alts are not as needed as in other games. Should a character accidentally (or intentionally by another party) be deleted, it would be devastating for the player.

Ultimately, everyone's opinions are correct, and there is definitely the option for a middle ground between "instantaneous" and 24 hours. This is, therefore, a valid suggestion.

I think 6-12 hours would be more than enough time to "Change your mind". Lets be honest, We know why the 24 hour timer is there.

24 hours is to long for the people that do not want to spend the money on extra slots, Mags, etc. You have to keep in mind there are a LOT of new players, And there are going to be a lot more. It is very easy to mess a character up, Whether it be via the Mag, Talents, Etc. Having the option to delete a character and restart is essential. And when you gate it behind a 24 hour grace period so you can boost your character slot sales, It quite frustrating as a player.

I for one plan to spend quite a bit of money, So in reality im not even asking for myself. I just know how annoying it is on the JP servers for people that cant get AC to buy the extra stuff. Ive had to delete a few characters to try different builds till I found something I enjoyed.

While the delay on deletion makes sense on higher level character it doesn't make sense to me for low level/newly created characters. The issue I have is that I'll make a character and once they load into the game realize they are too tall/short /disproportionate etc. I immediately go the delete the character and have to wait until the next day to try again unless I want to spend money, which doesn't make sense on a newly created charter. Maybe be timer should be waived for characters level 15 and under.