Levelling up is such a drag in this game

@WillfulChart930 Yep, that's the place.

It's currently 2PM here in finland, your best bet is in about 3-5 hours.

fb3f1829-db60-4c62-93c4-3644ac5d97be-image.png

@Morgothryuzaki said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@Rhysticalz Okay,my dude. I been playing FFXIV since 2014,I been through every steps of its current iterations. I can guarantee that while it takes a bit longuer,its not as boring. Considering I have every class at 80,I am pretty sure I am smoking reality.

That's pretty up to opinion, i for example also played since ARR was a thing, and i never levelled more than 1 or 2 jobs at max, because i can't stand the levelling in that game.

Having everything maxxed in FFXIV, I don't find much of a grind in PSO2. So it takes a day longer to get to the current endgame? So what? I'm having fun. I have no need to rush.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@WillfulChart930 Yep, that's the place.

It's currently 2PM here in finland, your best bet is in about 3-5 hours.

fb3f1829-db60-4c62-93c4-3644ac5d97be-image.png

I haven't been able to get that on ship 3 either. It's usually random stuff all over the place. Then again, I haven't looked in THAT much, as I'm hanging on the back of the bus as I slowly learn my characters. Soon I'll start concentrating on units and maybe on better weapons for my braver. None of my stuff is end game worthy, but I feel I'm progressing, at least.

FFXIV has one of the worst levelling experiences I have ever come across. It took me over a year and 4 resubs to reach lvl 80, yes I found the MSQ so unbearable it made me quit the game 4 times.

Levelling alts didn't turn out to enjoyable experience either, I burned out after 2. Your options were incredibly limited. You had Daily Roulettes and dungeon spam if you were a healer or a tank, PotD/HoH spam if you were dps. That's pretty much it if you cared about fast and efficient levelling. Entire game just felt like a one big, boring unimaginative chore which is why I only lasted ~3months at lvl cap until dropping the game.

If it weren't for Emet, I would have never even reached lvl cap.

PSO2's levelling experience feels incredibly tame in comparison. While it's limited and arguably kind of boring as well, at least it's relatively fast and low effort.

@Morgothryuzaki lol your posting a screenshot of the worst time of the day, IN THE WORLD... early midday in europe, and deep in the night/early morning for US

you keep talking about FFXIV, but i know how the population is there too around this time of the day, dungeon queue as a DPS can take over an hour

also sorry to say but FFXIV is a heck of a lot more boring to level in with the entire game locked behind this horrible storyline having you to backtrack hours, even days. only after you managed to get trough that hell the game start becoming fun

I find what works for me is to look at ways to make money, picking up every CO that is worth my time. I also just got done doing VHAQs the other day and without the boost, gaining levels quickly and currency to turn in to money as well! It's quite exciting when you look at the bigger picture, reaching out to grasp a multitude of goals over any single goal that will end up burning you out. (Hopefully not!).

Focusing hard on any one thing in a game can really take its toll on you. I recommend you keep gaining exp on the back burner and just gaining levels through activities that lead to stuff such as... GLAMOUR!!! The true end game!

Weapons and units are also nice.... FarmFangSoulsandUpslotToWin

Edit: FFXIV is like having a nice relationship with cannabis. Pso2 is like trying cocaine for the first time.

@Macmaxi said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@Morgothryuzaki said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@Rhysticalz Okay,my dude. I been playing FFXIV since 2014,I been through every steps of its current iterations. I can guarantee that while it takes a bit longuer,its not as boring. Considering I have every class at 80,I am pretty sure I am smoking reality.

That's pretty up to opinion, i for example also played since ARR was a thing, and i never levelled more than 1 or 2 jobs at max, because i can't stand the levelling in that game.

Same. I even bought job skip potions because it is awful leveling a DPS in that game. XIV has some nice stuff but leveling isn't one of them. Almost every alternative to DPS level is just as painful or boring because you're waiting upwards to 30 minutes to get a party going to level because dungeons are the best way to level in-game.

As someone who played XIV since 2.0 beta, bleh. Leveling here is far faster and better but let's not pretend there really isn't a myriad of ways to level efficiently in XIV that are also 'fun'. It's pretty much dungeons or bust. Different strokes for the folks. We just need to catch up with JP for more variety really.

I also have played FFXIV at cap for several expansions since ARR and I even still have the collectors edition box of version 1.0 sitting on my shelf (now you wanna talk about terrible progression...no game is really that bad after you've legitimately paid for and played FFXIV with a sub back in 1.0).

I find the leveling to be absolutely horrendous.

While PSO2 isn't like the beacon of amazeballs leveling experience (and let's be honest leveling in most MMOs is rote and repetitive), FFXIV does an absolutely special job of making sure you are forced to endure an absurd amount of hours doing something absolutely uninteresting and unenjoyable before you even get to the fun stuff.

If you like boring MMO-style narratives with stock model animation cut scenes for literal days and more uninspired reading than a whole college text book, majority of it nothing but ether-crystal-light gobbligook terminology (oh and let's not forget the absolute joke that is the dorky localization dialect, "pray tell" my attention span in to orbit please), then maybe, just maybe, you'll stay interested through the whole main scenario quest, but for the rest of us who've higher standards from playing other real games with actual well done story telling and visualization of that story...painful. Lets also not forget the incessant teleporting around to simply have 1 conversation before teleporting back or somewhere else, like whoever designed the main scenario steps had to have been a troll.

It's fair to say PSO2 leveling is boring, but "drag" implies something else. It implies that it's a slog, which means it's boring and slow, and I know that's what you mean because several times you've argued that other activities aren't as rewarding, which means speed is a consideration for you.

Then when presented with circumstances in which leveling could have been easily done, faster, over and done with by now, your response is "don't tell me how to play my game!". Then you compare it to FFXIV as the beacon of perfection, which only compounds the joke that is this thread because it puts on display for everyone you are absolutely keen to ignore and handwave FFXIV's utter inadequacies when it comes to leveling or progression.

As someone said before, at least PSO2 leveling is over quick, even if it's not immensely versatile in it's progression.

If I had to say which MMO had actually pretty decent leveling that kept me interested without feeling bored all the way to cap, it would probably be Guild Wars 2. The open ended nature of "questing" in that game provided a sense of explorative gameplay that made leveling feel kind of effortless and external to a more open experience. It still had occasional main scenario events/quests but overall I look favorably on it, though I didn't stick around for long after.

In any case, this thread is a fun meme. So yeah.

It's felt a little empty the last few days. I blame the launch.

@WillfulChart930 said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

no thanks, i played the early version of the game it was bitch, unlocking new areas, unlocking new classes, unlocking new difficulty, the stupid design of old story mode. Everything was a bitch and was a WASTE OF TIME i don't ever wanna go back that era again and don't call them actual "fun" gameplay elements that's just your bias.

and seeing you say doing SH is easier here i bet you ain't even playing NA, try doing SH luther and TD3 and come back here.

I completely agree that what we have now is so much better than what we had back then. But it's also far less actual gameplay in comparison frankly too when everything dies so fast, at least until we get the rest of the episodes. I definitely prefer current NA Ep3 to the JP Ep3 experience.

SH on NA is without a doubt easier than JP Ep3 SH though. There's some SH content that is still difficult to do perfectly like Luther (More hp than he probably should have, still get plenty of clears though) and TD3 (this is mostly just stupid tunnel visioned players), but a few good players can still carry a group through it. Overall though most content is easy even in XH like the new VR urgent quest.

@TsundereMuse

I completely agree that what we have now is so much better than what we had back then. But it's also far less actual gameplay in comparison frankly too when everything dies so fast, at least until we get the rest of the episodes. I definitely prefer current NA Ep3 to the JP Ep3 experience.

I didn't get to play much of the JP version during its glory days but honestly this is what has been making the game boring for me to play for long stretches of time, everything Just seems like a mindless zerg with hardly any thought required. Luther was the only engaging content I have faced so far and even then it was only because the fight lasted longer then 2 minutes so you actually appreciate it. He wasn't even difficult just a massive DPS check with a Bloated health pool.

What are people in this thread smoking I've never not been able to join a 50 AQ at any time or the day. Search all blocks and worse case all my maps are 50 now I'll just host one and wait a few minutes it fills up quick.

@Morgothryuzaki

Your reality must be pretty f'd then.

You can literally afk in Vegas with max boosts for a level a run or run around blasting stuff and having fun. You can go from 40 to 50 in a single AQ run for heaven's sake

FF14 is definitely not more fun. The quests are terrible during AAR heavenward isn't much better every class is like a boring rotation, groups take forever if your DPS and healing and tanking is a bore since they made you just insta aggro every mob around you all the dungeons are a compete snore festival. Just smashing the same rotation til you hit the end. Palace is a snore rest as well, but hey congrats I'm also maxed on everything in that game as well definitely wasnt more fun.. Sure the FF story might be better, but it's still convuluted and full of shi...

Most importantly your comparing a full fledged mmo to a game thats not remotely similar to FF14 in any way shape or form besides having online in the title

Why don't you compare this against something actually similar like IDK say Dragons Nest. Another action based lobby game.

FF is more akin to a bad verison of wow. The timing on all the mechanics are jank for circles on the ground, and the raids are easier then everything in wow. What's the highest keu you've completed in ff14 oh wait none of the dungeons are a challenge.

@KLB600 you've discribed pretty much ever boss encounter in an mmo.

None of the fights in any mmo are hard at least conceptionally. You just do the mechanics as required and meet DPS checks as needed. Which in game like wow or something the hard part isn't doing what's required it's getting 24 other people to do them.

Tbh I don't even understand how people fail I refuse to use mods and just use this ancient technique called looking at my monitor what a novel concept looking at the screen and just using the bosses tells to tell you what to do. So hard then slap some stupid 3 button rotation over and over.. Super hard and engaging content. Then slam my head into the wall when half the raid can't follow the raid alerts popping up on there screen or not killing adds or standing in the wrong spot or not throwing the orb or some jank stuff ect none of which make the content any more enjoyable the anything in PSO2. The only difference here is I'm not pentilzed for other people's terrible play and can still meet the dps checks alone while half the group is dead on the floor or getting mooned over and over again. Try doing a no hit run for Luther solo if your interested in a challenge. I guarantee it will be harder then any thing you thinks hard in other MMOs.

And of course nothing is hard 75 is akin to like reaching level 60 in bdo it takes like a day it's like a tutorial this stuff is all noob content noob content isn't hard in any mmo. It's like akin reaching like level 70 in FF14 none of those levels are content is hard by design because your not at end gsme. Maybe it feels that way since 75 is the cap, but 75 is like the starter area in pso2.