Levelling up is such a drag in this game

@GrandTickler87 said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

the only time i found it a drag was when leveling subclasses. i actually looked for ways to slow down my leveling because its so fast i got overleveled for all the content i was planning to do one by one (subquests) back then this was a requirement

Summoner gives a boost in xp to subclass leveling still stops at 55; but a boost non-the-less.

@XUL said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

I forget the actual numbers of the boost compared to 3 NPCs, but it helps.

140% with four human players, 125% with you and three NPCs.

Without checking I expect the logic goes "If you're in a party: Add 10% for every human player (including you) and 5% for every NPC."

@ZorokiHanuke said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

The original PSO was easy to level, but when they introduced level 200 on GameCube.....

It's not that important but in case anyone was curious, PSO introduced raised the cap from its initial 100 to 200 in ver.2 on the Dreamcast and that remained the cap for every future version.

@Miraglyth Thanks! I can guarantee I'll forget it again. 😊

@Miraglyth said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@XUL said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

I forget the actual numbers of the boost compared to 3 NPCs, but it helps.

140% with four human players, 125% with you and three NPCs.

Without checking I expect the logic goes "If you're in a party: Add 10% for every human player (including you) and 5% for every NPC."

@ZorokiHanuke said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

The original PSO was easy to level, but when they introduced level 200 on GameCube.....

It's not that important but in case anyone was curious, PSO introduced raised the cap from its initial 100 to 200 in ver.2 on the Dreamcast and that remained the cap for every future version.

I didn't play ver 2 much because that's when they started charging the monthly fee. So I don't have much info on that game. I do remember getting it, but by then Dreamcast was already throwing it's last rites. If I remember that was also around the time Isao Okawa died. And that was VERY bad for Sega.

If you plan your leveling correctly, it is absurdly fast in this game.

Yeah, it is boring to do AQs, but if your goal is to level until completion then you have two options:

Do it a way you enjoy playing Do it efficiently and get it over with

The enjoyable way for alts is just completing weeklies/dailies because I have no reason to level them to 75.

For main class, grab the best EXP/Triboosters you can afford and pick a high density, linear AQ map with good burst potential and go with a full human party.

I did all I could stomach and left 2 classes under 75, not worried about those trivial stat bonuses for the current or near future.

@Morgothryuzaki Take a break, its always good to do it.

And don't rush with leveling.

If you want to be serious...

Once you access VH AQ it takes you about 40-60 runs with average luck to go from 40 to 75.

That's in total about 10 hours of playing.

So honestly, its faster than FFXIV.

@SleeprunnerInc That is IF i can get 3 other people. And right now in block 1,that's not an option.

@Morgothryuzaki Dont' try and ask them.

Just look for parties on other blocks and join them through the quest counter.

I've NEVER asked anyone if I could join them in leveling, I just went in through the quest counter and BAWM 2 level 75's.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@SleeprunnerInc That is IF i can get 3 other people. And right now in block 1,that's not an option.

Just look at "Other parties in different blocks" and pray you get into a party there. I never talk to anyone lol. I just go to Floating Facility since it seems you get more bursts there. You have to keep clicking parties ASAP since it kicks you out the whole damn thing for some reason...

@SleeprunnerInc Sadly almost everytime I see people in rooms,I cannot join them because they are already full or already started. And there aren't that many rooms to chose from it seems... It would help to know the popular ones i guess

@Morgothryuzaki I think it might be a problem with when you are playing.

It's current 20:46 for me and this is prime time for getting in parties.

I can still find alot of parties early in the morning around 10-12:00

Ultimate quest is mostly empty during the early morning for me and people start to be active around at this time.

@SleeprunnerInc Yeah I should try to gauge the popular times,that just might be it.

People think leveling is too slow? When the game came out in 2012 it took weeks to hit level 40.

I thought leveling to 75 was a joke this time around.

@IzzyData Just because it was worse before doesn't mean its great right now though.

@IzzyData said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

People think leveling is too slow? When the game came out in 2012 it took weeks to hit level 40.

I thought leveling to 75 was a joke this time around.

This post brings up memories, and the now missing Old-Type.. I feel salty.