Levelling up is such a drag in this game

@WillfulChart930 said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@Zipzo said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

PSO2 has more than "one valid way" to level up you're just discounting them because it suits your misguided narrative in this argument. Fact still remains that if you're going to all the the various suboptimal ways to level in FFXIV, we can do the same for PSO2.

way 1 : UQ

way 2 : VHAQ with a party

so "many" ways

Way3: Full MPA expedition roaming

Way4: Story magatsu

Way5: Challenge quest(trade in exp tickets with CM)

Way6: Extreme quest spam

Way7: Featured Quests (i.e. A World Engulfed in Shadows, not in NA yet, probably ep4)

Way8: Bonus keys(ep4)

Way9: Buster quest(ep5)

Way10: Rideroid quests(ep4)

Way11: Kressida, Franca, Hans, Laverre client orders, and daily order, xia's seasonal client orders(this whole part is if you're going to count beastman tribes for ffxiv's "methods")

FFXIV

Way1: Dungeon

Way2: FATEs

Way3: Deep Dungeons

Way4: Levemetes

Way5: Beast Tribe

Way6: Hunts

@Serafi said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@Macmaxi

Your contribution matters a lot more than you think. As a healer main, I disagree completely with you. I have had numerous people comment on how much faster this or that dungeon went because either the entire group was good, or because I was able to keep everyone alive while the tank wall to wall pulled. I would maximize DPS between oGCD healing as well.

You can also make things go more smoothly if you communicate with others while being positively constructive. Some people just need a little guidance.

Well yes, i was assuming that everyone knew what to do already, it still feels way too monotonous and slow i was arguing that I don't really have an option there. Of course i can still grind fates and thats a mild step up because instead of in a line i now have to walk in a circle, but ultimately it just comes down to that i (and everyone i knew in that game) hates duty finder roulette with a burning passion and i still think dungeons in ffxiv compared to other games are very badly designed.

And then duration is a thing too, i can max out a character with all 75 in pso2 by the time I finished levelling one job to max level in ffxiv.

There will be more ways introduced in Episode 4 update, but you will also see less people get to the new level cap of multiple classes.

Going from 75-80 was very boring when it first came out and it will be just as boring now.

The plus side is that everything in episode 4 is possible with main and subclass at level 75 I am pretty sure, so rather than devoting to level 80 specifically, it may be better to just get it along the way.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

There will be more ways introduced in Episode 4 update, but you will also see less people get to the new level cap of multiple classes.

Going from 75-80 was very boring when it first came out and it will be just as boring now.

The plus side is that everything in episode 4 is possible with main and subclass at level 75 I am pretty sure, so rather than devoting to level 80 specifically, it may be better to just get it along the way.

I don't think that's too surprising, once you get the lvl 75 class boosts there's very little reason unless you're seriously interested in regularly playing one of your alternate classes to keep capping them if it's not your main or sub.

If you haven't done so. Go upstairs in the gate area and find Joseph. His Time attack quest gives loads of exp. Albeit you can only do one time though.

@Misuran said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

PSO2 has more than "one valid way" to level up you're just discounting them because it suits your misguided narrative in this argument. Fact still remains that if you're going to all the the various suboptimal ways to level in FFXIV, we can do the same for PSO2.

so "many" ways

Way7: Featured Quests (i.e. A World Engulfed in Shadows, not in NA yet, probably ep4)

Way11: Kressida, Franca, Hans, Laverre client orders, and daily order, xia's seasonal client orders(this whole part is if you're going to count beastman tribes for ffxiv's "methods")

FFXIV

Those way's would be nice but unfortunately we DONT have half of the stuff you listed.

Ultimate quest is also NOT for leveling.

Challenge quest doesn't count either since it takes way too long to get any meaningfull EXP and is pretty much going to be dead quite fast like JP.

Expedition roaming is also a very weak way to level compared to AQVH Floating facility so time wise, its also not efficient.

Just like the other ways to get EXP in XIV, it's still a way to level albeit slow.

So pick one - You want more ways to level just because or may ways to level efficiently? Because both the games right now have only to level efficiently, which is running dungeons over and over again lmao.

I rather ride this way because it beats waiting for a dungeon 30+ mins, especially lower levels on XIV.

@Neri6969 said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

I dunno, if you have played Lineage2. All the games after that game, to me, it's super easy to level up.

Lol bro, I know that feel. After L2 everything is easy mode.

All this talk about lvling. I started with PC and have every class maxed. They just had an event that lasted weeks that gave 150% exp on top of the adv quest bonus on top of the boosters you can use on top of tree and drink boosts. I was getting 5-6 lvls a run if a cross burst happened. Any easier and the game might as give you maxed lvl classes to start with.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

so "many" ways

FFXIV

Those way's would be nice but unfortunately we DONT have half of the stuff you listed.

Challenge quest doesn't count either since it takes way too long to get any meaningfull EXP and is pretty much going to be dead quite fast like JP.

Expedition roaming is also a very weak way to level compared to AQVH Floating facility so time wise, its also not efficient.

How do people keep missing the point? If you're gonna bring up less efficient ways to level in ffxiv as "ways to level", you can't say pso2 only has vhaqs.

Also, I'm fairly sure UQs here mean Urgent Quest as that's what most NA server players know Emergency Quests by.

@Tomoe

So pick one - You want more ways to level just because or may ways to level efficiently? Because both the games right now have only to level efficiently, which is running dungeons over and over again lmao.

As a tank/healer? Yea, dungeon que, otherwise if you're dps? PoTD all the way. DPS queues have always been JFC in the game, though with SHB, the wait times are not nearly as bad as they used to be especially at the end of SB.

so "many" ways

FFXIV

How do people keep missing the point? If you're gonna bring up less efficient ways to level in ffxiv as "ways to level", you can't say pso2 only has vhaqs.

Also, I'm fairly sure UQs here mean Urgent Quest as that's what most NA server players know Emergency Quests by.

It's both.

Since for some reason the Na translation team half assed the job and changed it to UQ from EQ.

UNFORTUNATELY We have ULTIMATE quests which are called UQ's.

But when an emergency quest happens and its called UQ, context referral points to that.

They really need to revert translations and fix em.

Personally as of now in PSO2, the only way to level efficiently is VHAQ. Urgent quests aren't a part of this considering they only show up certain times and last for 30mins.

When you take into consideration below~

1. Premium - 50% EXP Boost
  2. Daily Order - 50% EXP Boost
  3. Triboost - 150% EXP Boost
  4. Ex-Triboost - 200% EXP Boost
  5. EXP Boost - 150% EXP Boost
  6. Full Party(Players) - 40% EXP Boost
  7. Premium Drink 2 - 15% EXP Boost
  8. Concert - 25%? EXP Boost
  9. Food (Don't know how much EXP boost).

So that is basically a 680%+ EXP Boost ( I may have missed something). So when you do a VHAQ at +50 Threat lvl. - You have a lot more berserk enemies spawning which give a lot more EXP. And especially when you're in a full party of players, more mobs spawn. PSE Bursts are wonderful at these times. NPC's don't trigger higher mob spawns during PSE bursts which suck. So easily you can get max level on all classes in literally like 3 days if you have no job, maybe 2 days if you play non-stop.

so "many" ways

FFXIV

Ultimate quests are for anything a player of main class level 70+ wants it to be, which includes leveling. There is no description on the quest that says that entering with the expressed intention of leveling while simultaneously farming end-game rares is forbidden. Who are you to tell people how to play their game? It was you who was preaching that a few pages ago, was it not? Why do you get to decide what people do with their time and for what purpose?

Oh but I guess I rather expected you to be a blatant hypocrite given you're preaching FFXIV over PSO2 for leveling lol, what a train wreck you are.

I mean at 70 I just switched to Ultimate. It's actually a good idea to do because you can level and snag a chance of a Nem drop. I did 2 hours of it earlier and got a Nem Launcher that sold for 5 mil while leveling with picking up bunches of Deo's , EXP and Meseta along the way. I would honestly ditch VHAQ at 70 tbh. Not sure why it's not recommended tbh. More benefits imo.

Is there a point in future content were you would need to level alts to 75 or higher for a specific Quest or anything that would have huge benefits besides the new classes? My 11 alts are 50+ I would hope not because unfortunately i'm extremely burnt out on AQ