Levelling up is such a drag in this game

I dunno, if you have played Lineage2. All the games after that game, to me, it's super easy to level up.

@Neri6969 said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

I dunno, if you have played Lineage2. All the games after that game, to me, it's super easy to level up.

I'm sure everything feels a lot faster compared to a hellgrind.

@GrandTickler87 Em,I didn't post any pictures whatsoever,so maybe learn to read posts my dude.

I find AQ's to be very lucrative even just running at 50% triboost and 50% exp but yes until we get the featured quests like Engulfed in Shadows and the bonus keys, it's a bit rough I will agree.

I maxed every class in 2 weeks and half.

Leveling is fast as hell.

@Blade-Syphon said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

@Zipzo With FFXIV you can level yourself up by doing dungeons, raids, fates, beastmen tribe quests.

You have a myriad of ways mate.

Did you ever play it?

Not to sound rude - but this laughably innaccurate.

Yes, you can level by doing Dungeons and Raids, but that's not entirely accurate to how the system actually works. It's not the dungeon or raid it's self that's lucrative, but the Roulette Bonus. Because of this, the majority of players strip their gear down to ensure that they get the easiest possible dungeon or raid to pop - usually Crystal Tower or one of the early ARR dungeons, which leads to you mindlessly going through a dungeon with a quarter of your job's actual abilities against enemies and bosses that fall over from a gentle breath. And since the roulette bonuses are only good for one run a day, it means that leveling via Raids is not at all viable in any stretch of the imagination, and that leveling through dungeons means spamming the highest level dungeon available to you after you've done your roulette - literally no different than leveling through VHAQ Floating Facility in PSO2.

As for your other methods - Beastmen Dailies are not at all a viable way to level. Ignoring the fact that the EXP they award is abysmal unless you're doing the current expansion thanks to SE gutting the EXP awards from non-relevant expansion dailies, the Beastmen Dailies only offer a single set of three quests per day that can be finished in the span of five minutes, and usually involve no real game play, other than clicking on the thing (though you might get lucky and get to kill something once in a blue moon).

And Fates have been dead in Shadowbringers since the expansion launched. Fates have never been a viable way to level up - the EXP they award is, as so many other sources of EXP, laughable. The only thing SE wants you doing to level a new job in XIV is running dungeons, which is no different than what PSO2 is right now.

So please, don't try and tell people that XIV leveling is so much better - it's not. And heaven forbid you decide to create and level a brand new character - nothing like having to go through literal hundreds of hours of mindless quests and mandatory story just to access basic gameplay elements like later expansion jobs.

PSO2 might be a grind - but it sure as hell better than XIV's grind. And yes, I have played XIV since ARR, and have well over a thousand hours of gameplay time on it.

Dungeons and raids are totally a viable way to level up not to mention gather currency and do your Book or whatever the hell that thing was in the Goblin city (Heavensward area).

Beastmen dailies are also a viable way since you need to do them anyways to get their stuff, on top of them helping out when combined with dungeons.

Fates HAVE and are still a good way to level up when you get a good train to go.

They were viable back in ARR and HW, they are viable still in SB and ShB.

Did you never play when HW got released and everyone spammed fates in Coerthas or whatever the hell the area is where you enter the main hub of HW?

XIV leveling IS so much better than PSO2 since you DO have a myriad of VIABLE ways to level up.

In PSO2 your only choice IS to spam AQVH if you want to level up fast.

This comes from a player who started FFXIV Before Castrum Meridianum was a thing and has just about 100 hours shy from 2 thousand hours in it.

eec4e76d-6655-484e-ba86-5b7e0ae14ba6-image.png

That said, I don't think the grind in PSO2 is WORSE.

It's super easy to level up and I have repeatedly said that it's easy to level up and fast if you do AQVH floating facility.

The reason I am talking about FFXIV Is because it DOES a better job at giving you numerous ways to level up instead of just one valid way and someone brought it up.

PSO2 has more than "one valid way" to level up you're just discounting them because it suits your misguided narrative in this argument. Fact still remains that if you're going to all the the various suboptimal ways to level in FFXIV, we can do the same for PSO2.

@SleeprunnerInc I agree with that, just that all ways to level in xiv are equally horrible, since your contribution to the game matters little. You can't make the grind go faster by playing better / finding more efficient ways, hell when you are thrown into Sastasha for the 20th time it doesn't even matter if you do anything at all.

I consider levelling content and by extension all content in ffxiv except for raids to be on the same level as VHAQ bursting launcher in hand with rock on the left mouse button.

And with that I'm glad PSO2 allows you to do things where you actively have to play the game.

TLDR: use your xp boosters and get a decent VHAQ/SHAQ party going, then you can level all your classes to 75 in less than 2 weeks. easiest to level game in the world. if its a drag you're probably doing it wrong, or are just relying on getting carried with poor gear.

@IAMCRAIG I can confirm that 999 Photon Boosters sell for 559,440 via the vendor. I have like 10 helpings of these stacks and the shop isn't worth my getting, so thanks for the tip here!

@Macmaxi

Your contribution matters a lot more than you think. As a healer main, I disagree completely with you. I have had numerous people comment on how much faster this or that dungeon went because either the entire group was good, or because I was able to keep everyone alive while the tank wall to wall pulled. I would maximize DPS between oGCD healing as well.

You can also make things go more smoothly if you communicate with others while being positively constructive. Some people just need a little guidance.

@Zipzo said in Levelling up is such a drag in this game:

PSO2 has more than "one valid way" to level up you're just discounting them because it suits your misguided narrative in this argument. Fact still remains that if you're going to all the the various suboptimal ways to level in FFXIV, we can do the same for PSO2.

way 1 : UQ

way 2 : VHAQ with a party

so "many" ways

Maybe you'd have more fun if you did something other than grind the most monotonous quest in the game because it's "efficient"? It's like playing classic PSO, doing nothing but Towards the Future then complaining that leveling in PSO was bad and boring. It's not, you're just playing the game in the most boring and uninspired way possible. It's not the game's fault you're doing this, there's a lot of content to experience and a lot of ways to play

Extreme Quest, Explorations, nearly all of that works for leveling. It's not hard to reach cap, you already have the 100% boost that's stuck on advanced Quest. Use that for a solid 5 hours, and you'll prolly be from 40-75 if not high 70's. That's actually still really good.

Using the proper boosters, EXP 75, Tribooster, having 3 other actual players. Team Tree, ect.

Of course its a drag and I'd say the biggest part about that drag isn't so much the actual drag but where that drag takes place. During the Gamecube days episode 1 and 2 had different lobbies and though we had different zones the differences in vibe between them were vast.That dark and gritty vibe of a lost research facility or dark foreboding ruins simply doesn't exist. Well they exist in name but they are both outdoors and sunny in this game in fact being indoors be it ruins, cave, or building really doesn't exist. Basic point is that in this game your running the same maps over and over again to grind exp and compared to previous entries they are rather samey. Also the enemies are too I'd love for a grass assassin or something to pop up. A person will get bored fast grinding not because the grind is high because there are games that are worse like the old PS games but rather the world is kinda bland. In addition joining a pug is difficult since not everyone enjoys a random person dropping into the group they didn't lock so thats a knock and changing things up from your core friends. Also the larger group content UQ are on a timer and newer areas and enemies do try to break away from the samey nature of what we have currently they are months away.