Challenge Mode is definitely challenging (and confusing!)

I just played Challenge Mode for the first time and wow! This is definitely challenging. I got to 40% of the first mission!

I realize my first mistake was to play this solo without a party, but unfortunately I don't have any friends that play PSO2. I have an alliance but have never been able to party up with them. Maybe I should have joined a pick-up party, but I didn't fully understand the instructions and figured I'd play a little on my own first to get an understanding.

I started out with one monomate and punching a bunch of apes and wolves (died once) until I got jet boots. I didn't get any PAs so I normal attacked the next enemy group and was killed twice more before I got two PAs from a green box. I had to run back to the very start of the mission to try to get a few seconds to equip them before being swarmed by a huge mob group. I died for the last time after taking a few of them out with the one PA that I could actually use.

At this point, I'd be very happy to never play Challenge Mode again, but I feel like I need to in order to get enough badges for the good armor.

The instructions said something about dropping items for other players, but I didn't understand how that would be done. Also, it said I can chat and let them know what I dropped by typing <pi> in the chat each time I drop something. Which seems like a pain to type out each time, but also seems very useful.

Could veteran players of this mode from the Japanese version explain this process of dropping things (so that I can do it when I get into a party) and maybe some general tips to perform better than 40% into mission one?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

@Natty-Boh-man said in Challenge Mode is definitely challenging (and confusing!):

I just played Challenge Mode for the first time and wow! This is definitely challenging. I got to 40% of the first mission!

I realize my first mistake was to play this solo without a party, but unfortunately I don't have any friends that play PSO2. I have an alliance but have never been able to party up with them. Maybe I should have joined a pick-up party, but I didn't fully understand the instructions and figured I'd play a little on my own first to get an understanding.

I started out with one monomate and punching a bunch of apes and wolves (died once) until I got jet boots. I didn't get any PAs so I normal attacked the next enemy group and was killed twice more before I got two PAs from a green box. I had to run back to the very start of the mission to try to get a few seconds to equip them before being swarmed by a huge mob group. I died for the last time after taking a few of them out with the one PA that I could actually use.

At this point, I'd be very happy to never play Challenge Mode again, but I feel like I need to in order to get enough badges for the good armor.

The instructions said something about dropping items for other players, but I didn't understand how that would be done. Also, it said I can chat and let them know what I dropped by typing <pi> in the chat each time I drop something. Which seems like a pain to type out each time, but also seems very useful.

Could veteran players of this mode from the Japanese version explain this process of dropping things (so that I can do it when I get into a party) and maybe some general tips to perform better than 40% into mission one?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

So as far as dropping stuff, if you're on keyboard and mouse, you can just drag and drop stuff from your inventory to the outside of it. When items are dropped on the field, they have a white glow around them and anyone can see or grab them. At the checkpoints of Challenge Quests, some may ask if a player has this or that, or you may just have spare stuff you can give. In those cases, feel free to drop items from your inventory so they can grab them.

As far as other notes, mob spawns are scripted, but the amount of time you have is based on how many players are in the quest (fewer players == more time, and yes, some players have solo'd this, at least over in JP). It's a team effort so even if it's with randoms, it's better to play in a group than alone, unless you want that sort of challenge.

As far as the reward items in the challenge mile shop, they aren't all that stellar. They definitely aren't bad, but nothing to break your back over. Maybe if you wanted to get a fair 13* wep for a side class you're leveling or something, cuz stuff like Slave and Nemesis are still better. There are titles that get you a bunch of extra points though. If you can get through a few missions/quests, you can have that goal taken care of pretty easily.

All this aside, it's a practice makes perfect scenario, so good luck out there!

@MasterAnseen Thanks @MasterAnseen ! I'll give it another shot in a pick-up group at a busier time. I'm really relieved that the rewards aren't that spectacular. I can give it a try, but it's not awful if this doesn't work out. I play mostly on Xbox, I may need to work on the dropping thing or just play Challenge Mode on PC.

Sounds like I just need more practice.

Thanks again!