Can some scheduled Urgent Quests be East Coast friendly?

The current schedule is basically based on the West Coast timezone. That means everything is later for the majority of the country. Some scheduled UQs are at crazy times like 5 in the morning for some Americans. I understand that not every UQ is going to perfectly line up with everyone, but having some that are timed better with the East Coast would be a nice thought.

I feel as though this is simply an oversight by the JP dev team. Japan only have one timezone to worry about. So when they make the schedule for NA it's a pretty 1:! change based on the West Coast. I'm hoping the NA community team if raise the concern for the East Coast (and the in-betweens) and get a 1 or 2 better scheduled UQs for us.

I also would like to see more of the scheduled UQs during the 7 pm to 9 pm eastern range (4 pm to 6 pm pacific), as those are the prime hours for me and many of my east coast friends. Just duplicating the 7 to 9 pacific list would be great.

Yes please! I haven't been able to play as many of the UQs as I'd like because they're too late in the evening/early in the morning...ironically the timing worked out better for east coast when I was playing on JP. 😆 It would be much appreciated.

Heck. This current schedule is barely WEST cost friendly.

I was looking at the UQ schedule this week and was thinking, "This version of the game is supposed to be for NA, right?"

Bumping this because the new schedule is just as bad

Yeah would be nice if the times were revised to something along the lines of 5;00 AM (PDT) to 9:00 PM (PDT).

Sleep is important and prob a majority of people are asleep during 10:00 PM (PDT) to 2:30 AM (PDT) so maybe just replace those time periods and move the unscheduled UQ into that time period where there are more schedule UQ into time periods where more people are awake/playing ( 5:00 AM (PDT) to 9:00 PM (PDT)

Not just more East Coast friendly, more NA friendly in general. The most populated time slots do not accommodate the hours that the average NA gamer would be most active.

Referencing the screenshots posted below, the majority of all scheduled UQs are during work hours, very late night (for a week day) or very early AM. This first week of scheduled UQs are almost completely blank for what could be considered universal NA availability for playing games (3PM - 7PM PDT on a week day).

Screenshot_20200711-093949_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-093836_Chrome.jpg

It might not seem as significant right now since nothing good really comes from the UQs, but once we move into Episode 4+, where Collection Files and all the good drops come from limited availability Urgent Quests, this game will not be NA friendly at all in regards to UQ times.

I realize the plan is to creep this game out globally, which presents a unique challenge of running UQs without making them available most of the time, however the current structure is borderline unacceptable.

@GoldBird8956276 said in Can some scheduled Urgent Quests be East Coast friendly?:

Yeah would be nice if the times were revised to something along the lines of 5;00 AM (PDT) to 9:00 PM (PDT).

Sleep is important and prob a majority of people are asleep during 10:00 PM (PDT) to 2:30 AM (PDT) so maybe just replace those time periods and move the unscheduled UQ into that time period where there are more schedule UQ into time periods where more people are awake/playing ( 5:00 AM (PDT) to 9:00 PM (PDT)

Look, here;s the thing for me as an East Coast player.. I game at night, its hot where i live & i cant game during the day much for half the year. A LOT of good players are online around same time when i am, I generally begin a gaming session around 8 or 10pm, OR as late as midnight. my sessions generally end around 3-6am EST. there are rarely more than 2 or 3 UQ during this period.

& i'd personally rather see MORE rather than LESS, as it did feel like there was more UQ and events this same "time-frame" for me when i briefly played JP ~5years ago.

I was playing with my friend in Hawaii last night & i noticed this morning between 10am-12pm there were 3 UQs. >.< Which is perhaps cool for Hawaii or if i still wokeup to watch SatAM Sonic (jk that was on at 5am) ...

but yeah, idk how many people on the East Coast are up and gaming regularly at 10am either. (8am PST) aside for weekends?

I'm sure there are some though regardless, as I seen em lol

Basically what I'm suggesting is to increase their frequency a bit, regardless the time of day. it's kinda odd to me having 3 UQ within 2hours just before Noon EST, but sometimes less than 3 during the entire 9hour window for East Coast night-time gamers.

I get it, a lot of people are asleep. but there are people who have reasons they cannot game during the day. due to their work hours, school, or other obligations. etc. (there is an ingame Alliance recruitment preference for night owls)

I just hope there will be more UQ (& events) available throughout all times of the "day" and that neither Sega or the PSO community would forget about us night owls too.

Please and Thank you ❤

~edit ~ idea.. the old JP schedule ~

Can the "night owls" receive a schedule like what is happening during JP in the daytime AND take that same schedule, but subtract 12hours, that would theoretically be best schedule for EST during the day.. BUT move that just one more hour, so its more in line with Central time, half between east & west.. & that should be the simplest way to make it relatively fair for everyone in NA, yes?

I haven't looked at how much the JP schedule has or hasn't changed in the last few years. but in theory, wouldn't this be a pretty fair solution?

also @John-Paul-RAGE I'd consider "universal availability" between 5pm & 12am. which is ironically fairly close to your 3pm PDT with my 5pm EST. although most people that are out of highschool generally work till 5 & i wasn't specific about timezones with "universal availability" just that from after work hours is when people start, and they end whenever is reasonable enough per person to acquire sleep for the next day. (average worker common is midnight. although where i personally live, 3am is equally as common)

not disagreeing with your point, i just think a 4hour window is way too brief. especially when many have to drive an hour home, eat, washup n all that other stuff first.

@KYBELA I was using that point as a reference to show that it is a prime time to run some and was completely blank.

The frequency is jacked up pretty bad.

The last 4 Urgent Quests in Eastern time were: 11pm - Barren Blossom 1am - Cradle 4am - Barren Blossom 7am - Magatsu

One day, my brother gets home from at work at 5pm, which is a normal work time. And he goes to bed around 10:30pm, a reasonable time for an adult, to go to work at 8am. 0 Urgent Quests on that day for him. I have 5 L75 classes and all above 30, he has ONE class at L60, and does all the same quests I do.

There's a HUGE discrepancy and favoritism for hours that make little sense for 70% of Americans.