Force question, can force play as support nuker?

So I see Tec as a support class, but it’s also a melee class. I’m looking for a support/heal class with decent nuker abilities. Is this possible?

My force has level 15 Resta, but I also have techter as its sub (which is the only combination Techter is accepted as a subclass iirc.) It can heal upwards of 800 HP per Resta tick at full charge. Which is more than what most people have unbuffed by deband's upgraded form. (Unless they took time and effort to get good armor and raise the augments/affixes.)

Using Force's skills that allow you to store a charged tech when you dodge would help you immensely if you need to quickly dodge an attack/etc. Using a rod with rod preservation bonus would allow you to not spend PP on the stored tech. But if you plan to go support, you'd want to use Talis so you can deploy your weapon and cast resta at a distance.

The biggest problem with having force as main instead of techer is that techter main is the only way you'll get access to skills like the HP Buff from deband. But if you're going to play tech-only on techter, you can always switch around Techter to main with force as sub. But if you do this, you'll have to only use talis (Unless you get an all-class / techter-capable rod, which you shouldn't use anyway, because they don't have melee stats, and if you aren't force main, you don't get rod shoot), and use techs only, as Talis attack damage is only used for PP regen (Also you can't use charged escape or Talis Fast Throw on Techer main.)

the simple answer is yes. How ever if your main is tech your main priorty is to keep the party alive and buff and throw some nukes in there once in a while. However if your main is force your main priorty is to nucke unless there are no other tec in the party then you will be there main healer with a tec support job.

i'll try to do a very quick (possibly at the cost of accuracy) breakdown of your options:

as Fo/Te you lose a 10% damage buff on shifta, some area of effect on shifta/deband/resta/anti, and a 25% hp buff on deband, which are Techer main-class-only

as Te/Fi you lose Photon Flare Short Charge (not in the game yet), Flame Tech Short Charge, about 30% of your fire/ice/lightning tech damage, and about 15% of your compound tech damage (it's more complicated than this because of stances and perfect attacks, but that's the gist of it)

Te/Fo loses about 30% of its tech damage across the board. you might consider using a talis to mitigate this, but Talis Tech Bonus does not affect compound techs iirc

(and Te/Ph is slightly weaker than Te/Fi when casting techs but gets Tech Short Charge)

@lily-rain is correct. I wanted to be a ranged support class but unfortunately it's not very viable. Best way would be Te/Fo but you lose out on a lot of DPS versus a Te/Hu, Te/Fi, or Fo/Te. Techers are very useful in ultimate quests and some urgent quests but I'd say 95% of the game will require max DPS to be efficient.

@lily-rain

(and Te/Ph is slightly weaker than Te/Fi when casting techs but gets Tech Short Charge)

The charge time reduction makes up for the tech damage reduction from Phantom Short Charge.

Te/Fo loses about 30% of its tech damage across the board. you might consider using a talis to mitigate this, but Talis Tech Bonus does not affect compound techs iirc

In later content, it becomes a DPS loss to constantly throw out your Talis, especially when things become more mobile.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Force question, can force play as support nuker?:

@coldreactive Tod shoot??? HOW?

Rod Shot is a skill in the force skill tree. But it can only be used when your main class is force, and only with a rod equipped. Wand doesn't work. In addition, max Rod Shot basically makes your rod shot on par with uncharged tech damage.

Rod Shot skill adds a bullet attack to your rod's normal attack. If you're too close to an enemy and whack them with your rod, the bullet / projectile won't spawn, and you'll only do melee damage. And yes, I said "Add." If you're far enough away from an enemy that the bullet spawns, but the enemy comes in contact with your rod's melee attack hitbox, both your bullet projectile and melee attack will do damage.

@coldreactive is the skill good enough to be considered?

@coldreactive is the skill good enough to be considered?

Unless you're terrible with managing your PP, then no. Rod Shoot damage is ass, it's only used to Regen PP via normals, but if you're Te sub you shouldn't have issues with PP.

@Novaline I sometimes do need the occasional hit or two,but its rare. To my defense,I am still getting used to things.

@Novaline I sometimes do need the occasional hit or two,but its rare. To my defense,I am still getting used to things.

I'd recommend you only put one skill point in it, or use Talis Fast Throw with a Talis instead as Force Main if you're having trouble with PP. But as said, if you have Techer, you'd be wanting to max out PP Restorate instead of adding PP Skill Points (Since PP Skill Points only give 20 extra PP max per force/techer, for a total of 40 if you're going to waste 20 SP on both classes) and instead of using Rod Shot / Talis Fast Throw.

Here's my recommendation if you just want raw damage with some support abilities: https://bit.ly/2NzFeXq (Doesn't have Rod Shoot/Talis Fast Throw. Instead opting for charged escape.) The Tech Charge JA Addition is supposed to give the bonus of a Just Attack to a charged tech regardless if it was combo'd into.

@Novaline said in Force question, can force play as support nuker?:

In later content, it becomes a DPS loss to constantly throw out your Talis, especially when things become more mobile.

The Talis ring mostly fixes this. You do still have to occasionally redeploy when a boss moves around too much. I'd argue the fact that you don't have to dodge or reposition yourself very frequently when using talis due to the increased range, needing to redeploy occasionally is kind of a moot point. Plus you have a 20% damage bonus from running talis.

@Novaline said in Force question, can force play as support nuker?:

@lily-rain

The charge time reduction makes up for the tech damage reduction from Phantom Short Charge.

I actually already took this into account; assuming a charge time of 1 second and cast animation of 0.5 seconds, I estimated phantom's Tech Short Charge as a 5% dps multiplier (0.7x damage and 1.5x fire rate). this isn't fully accurate as all techs have different charge times, but it is useful for comparison because it puts phantom sub (1.35x1.1x1.05) at marginally more than Brave Stance fighter sub without TAJA/TAPA (1.4x1.1) when casting techs (and slightly weaker on compounds). you would need phantom's Tech Short Charge to grant about a 1.7x fire rate on techs to compete with TAJA/TAPA, or in other words, a charge time of 2.5 seconds