Pure photons, where they at?

People have some but I can’t figure out how.

@DHG-MumfordsSon can confirm they drop from the current Vegas UQ/Trogger on XH. Can't confirm any other difficulty.

For people searching for this, and wondering what their use is, they're for skill rings.

Can anyone tell me how actually rare the event weapons are? I have still to see any at all...

@coldreactive said in Pure photons, where they at?:

For people searching for this, and wondering what their use is, they're for skill rings.

are the rings actually here yet or is that still missing content?

@Alineah said in Pure photons, where they at?:

@coldreactive said in Pure photons, where they at?:

are the rings actually here yet or is that still missing content?

Even if they are here, the first available rings using them back in 2016 were fire and ice guard. Hardly good skill rings.

@Morgothryuzaki I did 10 runs of the new EQ on XH and so far I got two 13* weapons (The Spear and the Wired Lance). Out of these 10 runs, I also got 9 Pure Photons. Granted, I was using +250% rare drop boost and a +100% triboost & +50% triboost from Berry Pies & +90% triboost from a full party and daily boost, so take that into account. The drop rate doesn't seem very low, atleast compared to Ultimate Quests.

@OmegaNeo8603 said in Pure photons, where they at?:

@Morgothryuzaki I did 10 runs of the new EQ on XH so far and I got two 13* weapons (The Spear and the Wired Lance). Out of these 10 runs, I also got 9 Pure Photons. Granted, I was using +250% rare drop boost and a +100% triboost & +50% triboost from Berry Pies & +90% triboost from a full party and daily boost, so take that into account. The drop rate doesn't seem very low, atleast compared to Ultimate Quests.

Did 6 with only Premium, + 100% + One other person in party.

Nothing.

@OmegaNeo8603 wait...there's more than an assault,a sword and a rod???????????????

@Morgothryuzaki they are about 600K on the player shop.

So far the only rings I have seen that need pure photons are the combined rings.

@John-Paul-RAGE Yeesh. That price does not justify their use. Combined Rings have full skill effect at level 1, so leveling them up only gives that minuscule +20 to a stat.

How many pure photons do we need for future updates?

@Morgothryuzaki Yeah, though idk how many 13* there are. Maybe 1 of every weapon? They seem to follow an icy Aesthetic

@OmegaNeo8603 Once we get 15* Weapons and 13* Units:

• Stil series: 200 are used as part of the upgrade process
  • Liberte series: 50 are needed to change a Novel Unit into a Liberte
  • Austere series: 50 are needed to change a 12* Austere Unit into the 13* version

Other than that, it takes 15 to get a [Status Effect] Guard (R) ring, but outside of a few very specific niche builds, by the time we get them, most people will instead likely be using Class Effort, Critical Strike, and Perfectionist rings.

@AndrlCh bruh lol Do we get other method for pure photon farming?

Pretty sure i have like 2k of these lying around on JP, it's one resource you wont have to farm a lot of. This UQ really just serves it's purpose of finally killing Saiki prices and have everyone get access to easy Ray Units.