Tec question for a new player

So I have went through a tun of guides and have see a lot of different builds. So my question is, can I play tec as a support/caster? And if so what sub job and gear/weapons would be best? Also thanks for your time 🙂

If you want to be a "Support" build, you'll want to follow one of Cathy's Techer builds. I wouldn't recommend leaning on support too much though, because you'd need an actual static / team you raid/play with constantly.

alt text

if you're wondering about Bouncer subclass, you'll have to wait for crafting:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/127/techter-discussion/50

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/127/techter-discussion/82

Can Force be played in a caster/support role? Like with the large area Shifta/Deband +? And better heals?

Can Force be played in a caster/support role? Like with the large area Shifta/Deband +? And better heals?

Ok sorry no idea why it posted that reply so many times

There's no real "support" in this game. While Techter has a lot of useful support abilities, ultimately every class is expected to bring decent DPS to the table. In my opinion Te/Fi fits the best niche you're looking to fill as it has all the support abilities you can want, focuses around building TEC power, and can throw out some pretty strong nuke abilities. If you're expecting to just be able to sit back and not really do anything but buff and heal, probably should look to a traditional mmorpg where hard supporting can be done.

Not looking too sit back, I want too buff/heal party when needed. But nuke in between. And deal damage. I didn’t follow a guide for my tech who is now 71 and didn’t add any of the melee abilities. So kinda stuck as support now.