PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday

@DDDDLife Yes?

I'm sorry, have you... read the thread? Read what the problem is?

I'm having problems with PSO2, very specifically, only PSO2.

@Dri4974 said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@DDDDLife Yes?

I'm sorry, have you... read the thread? Read what the problem is?

I'm having problems with PSO2, very specifically, only PSO2.

I have. While there was technically other things that were supposedly ruled out, If you are not sure your windows Install is Activated, I would look into that now. You also mentioned that you are updating from whatever Software your Rig came with. Maybe its time instead you looked for other driver via- the web. Also if you have other add-ons on your rig, You may want to uninstall one at a time, Until you get a stable running rig.that's how I would go about it. Make sure that you are not getting the CPU Thermals, If so- you will have to re-apply some thermal compound and reseat your cpu cooler. The same can be said about your Video card, You may also be having thermals that trigger a shut-down. Try running CINABEnch and see what your GPU thermals are really like.

I've said this before.

My rig is stable. Everything is fine.

STRESS TESTS can't crash or overheat my computer. Other games don't make me crash. The issue is with PSO2, very specifically. No other game or software does this. I leave my computer on 24/7, and nothing, at all, ever, makes it crash except PSO2. Even more demanding games and stress tests don't make it crash.

Thank you for your attempt to help, but you're giving me very bad, very broad, and generally unnecessary advice.

The issue is with PSO2, very specifically and only PSO2. It's something they did or changed during the June 24 patch, because before that it, was working completely fine.

I've said this before.

STRESS TESTS can't crash or overheat my computer. Other games don't make me crash. The issue is with PSO2, very specifically. No other game or software does this. I leave my computer on 24/7, and nothing, at all, ever, makes it crash except PSO2. Even more demanding games and stress tests don't make it crash.

Thank you for your attempt to help, but you're giving me very bad, very broad, and generally unnecessary advice.

The issue is with PSO2, very specifically and only PSO2. It's something they did or changed during the June 24 patch, because before that it, was working completely fine.

Have you given yourself the Administrative permissions to make all and i mean all changes to your PC? If you care able to install the game, but have no user admin rights, like I said the game will install, but eventually will crash. Because whether you use the MS app or the tweaker you need to have full admin rights, even for the folders that are hidden.

@DDDDLife said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

I've said this before.

Have you given yourself the Administrative permissions to make all and i mean all changes to your PC? If you care able to install the game, but have no user admin rights, like I said the game will install, but eventually will crash. Because whether you use the MS app or the tweaker you need to have full admin rights, even for the folders that are hidden.

Tweaker installs don't have permission issues or hidden folders, so that's a non-issue. But yes, I have full rights.

I've said this before.

Tweaker installs don't have permission issues or hidden folders, so that's a non-issue. But yes, I have full rights.

Are you positive? Because that means that you should have access to the Full install path of the game and you are able to see all Files? That's what I am talking about. So, after you do a full install you should be able to see what is the content of that install path. If not, You will need to give yourself Permissions to that specific install path in order to do so.

I'm very sure, yes! The Tweaker handles all of that for you. The crashes I experience are totally random; sometimes I can play a whole five hours without crashing, sometimes only 15 minutes. Unreproducible. Too random. Sometimes a loading screen crashes me, sometimes being afk crashes me, sometimes being in a quest or the lobby crashes me, sometimes turning in client orders crashes me.

GameGuard will usually ask me to send my files when I start PSO2 again after a crash, which makes me think the issue is GameGuard. To prevent this, I tried uninstalling every single program known to interfere with GameGuard, disable every Windows security feature, etc. Didn't change a thing.

Whatever is causing these crashes is something they changed in the game files or behavior for the June 24th patch. It could be GameGuard, it could be something else. Whatever it is, it's brand new to PSO2 in the June 24th patch specifically.

I'm very sure, yes! The Tweaker handles all of that for you. The crashes I experience are totally random; sometimes I can play a whole five hours without crashing, sometimes only 15 minutes. Unreproducible. Too random. Sometimes a loading screen crashes me, sometimes being afk crashes me, sometimes being in a quest or the lobby crashes me, sometimes turning in client orders crashes me.

GameGuard will usually ask me to send my files when I start PSO2 again after a crash, which makes me think the issue is GameGuard. To prevent this, I tried uninstalling every single program known to interfere with GameGuard, disable every Windows security feature, etc. Didn't change a thing.

Whatever is causing these crashes is something they changed in the game files or behavior for the June 24th patch. It could be GameGuard, it could be something else. Whatever it is, it's brand new to PSO2 in the June 24th patch specifically.

Uh... The tweaker does not handle all that for you.. Where did you read that the tweaker does that specifically? No wonder you having soo many problems!

Uh... The tweaker does not handle all that for you.. Where did you read that the tweaker does that specifically? No wonder you having soo many problems!

Please just stop trying to help me. You clearly don't know how these things work, because yes, the Tweaker both has a Powershell script AND a manual option for fixing permissions.

Please just stop trying to help me. You clearly don't know how these things work, because yes, the Tweaker both has a Powershell script AND a manual option for fixing permissions.

Clearly , I do.. Because I dont have any of the problems you do. Alrighty, then I will cease to try and assist you. Godspeed.

Clearly , I do.. Because I dont have any of the problems you do. Alrighty, then I will cease to try and assist you. Godspeed.

This just proves you know nothing about computers if you think because you have no issues it means you know anything whatsoever.

Hey I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm having the exact same issues as you. It'll usually start by crashing to desktop after getting past the 'Press Enter' title screen. The game will run fine for a few hours but then everything will freeze for 3 seconds and reboot with no blue screen. Looking at the Event Viewer shows that the first ID-41 crash started 6/24/2020 at 10:41 PM. This has been happening both with a MS-Store version (which managed to delete itself a few days ago) and a Tweaker version installed in my C directory.

@Cighton said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

Hey I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm having the exact same issues as you. It'll usually start by crashing to desktop after getting past the 'Press Enter' title screen. The game will run fine for a few hours but then everything will freeze for 3 seconds and reboot with no blue screen. Looking at the Event Viewer shows that the first ID-41 crash started 6/24/2020 at 10:41 PM. This has been happening both with a MS-Store version (which managed to delete itself a few days ago) and a Tweaker version installed in my C directory.

Yes, the MS Store install will randomly delete itself when you update Windows, among other things. Tweaker is strictly superior.

Glad to know I'm not crazy. The June 24th patch broke something.

This just proves you know nothing about computers if you think because you have no issues it means you know anything whatsoever.

OH, Really? is that so? So, you believe you are extremely technically inclined on the basis that you use certain apps to aid you in troubleshooting? with your own condescending attitude it will be your own undoing. Ungrateful to say the least, You want to point fingers at everyone else albeit instead of trying to really find out the cause of what is ailing you, Though I sincerely doubt you have any capacity to do so at this point. good luck.

@DDDDLife I didn't say I was technically inclined, I said you weren't. Your solutions in this thread despite numerous attempts to explain to you how things work were "check your thermal paste" and "check your wiring" despite, again, numerous attempts to explain those were not the problem. So like... please just stop?