PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday

@XYZTHEEND If your Wi-Fi went down then the disconnect was at the router level. I'll try replicating that, then.

Edit: no luck. Unplugging the router, flushing my config to fetch a new one, all manners of other nitpicking with the settings to cause the connection to go off and back on, have all yielded Error 630 and not a crash.

I'm out of ideas. It might be out issues are separate, too. But I'm fairly sure GameGuard is the culprit, because crashing a system if it can't crash the game is its standard operating behavior. Essentially, the way GameGuard prevents hacking/tampering is by crashing the game to desktop if it detects something fishy. If it can't crash it for whatever reason, it crashes your system instead.

It's awful.

@Dri4974 said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@DDDDLife said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

KB4535996

That update is not in my current update history, and since it's been available since February, even if it had been, it likely is not the culprit.

Remember that these issues started on JUNE 24, with the new Challenge Mode patch. That patch also introduced a number of GameGuard fixes, which is what this is sounding like more and more.

Ah. mmkay - But you are correct , That update was available since February, But it did cause a host of issues since then end of March to just recently.

Bump! Still going on.

So I just found an error message in my event viewer from Gaming Services; it tried to install an update and failed. I looked into its history, and the last update to the service was on June 11. Since June 24 it has been trying to update and failing for whatever reason, so I went to the Microsoft Store and forced it to update.

I'm going to cross my fingers I just found the problem.

Will leave the game on overnight and, with any luck, wake up to a still-open game and not a login screen for my PC.

Nope, still crashes.

@Dri4974 I figured out what was causing my disconnects which was a bad network switch. Now I should get less crashes since I won't be getting disconnected as much.

The disconnects triggered the crash but I don't think it was the root of the problem I decided to run Memtest86 test on my ram to rule that out. It failed test 7 on pass 4. Now I think my problem could be an issue with bad ram. If you haven't already you should also try running memtest86 to check your ram.

@XYZTHEEND said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@Dri4974 I figured out what was causing my disconnects which was a bad network switch. Now I should get less crashes since I won't be getting disconnected as much.

The disconnects triggered the crash but I don't think it was the root of the problem I decided to run Memtest86 test on my ram to rule that out. It failed test 7 on pass 4. Now I think my problem could be an issue with bad ram. If you haven't already you should also try running memtest86 to check your ram.

I've already checked my RAM and it came out clean. The thing is, nothing else causes my computer to crash. I leave it on 24/7, and I've made sure to leave it on overnight with various other games running, and PSO2 is the only application that can consistently crash me. Sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after four hours. But nothing else does it.

So for me, that almost assuredly rules out hardware problems, unless PSO2 is magically interacting with my hardware in a way no other game I own is. And even then... why only since the Challenge Mode patch? It doesn't add up.

Let me know if you experience crashes regardless of your fixes.

Bumping cause this sure ain't resolved.

New patch. Still crashing. Didn't resolve anything.

[continued sad can't play noises]

Sorry about that. Mmkay so, like. You are going to have to set you PC in Developer Mode first. And you should try and download all the Windows updates, This also includes all PC Drivers Via the Web. If your PC has to re-boot, then do so. Make sure that your PC is still set to Developer Mode.

For this step You are not going to use the MS store, or the tweaker for that matter. There is another route.

Goto XBOX.com , create your account ( Assuming that you don't have one.), If you already have done so, Stay signed in. In top search of XBOX.com , Search for the XBOX companion app, Go ahead and DL and install that app. (It will show up as the Console companion app).

XBOX APP - BETA FOR PC

Then, your going to need the Xbox console companion.

XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION

Now, after you install both, Open the XBOX app, Make sure that you are singed in and that you Username appears at the top. Then, Do a search in that app for PSO2, It should pop right up, click the install button. The game launcher should instantly install.

Then open PSO2, the launcher will appear, and will self update itself which should take about 45 minutes or so. After that, You are good to go. See you in game!

Sorry about that. Mmkay so, like. You are going to have to set you PC in Developer Mode first. And you should try and download all the Windows updates, This also includes all PC Drivers Via the Web. If your PC has to re-boot, then do so. Make sure that your PC is still set to Developer Mode.

For this step You are not going to use the MS store, or the tweaker for that matter. There is another route.

Goto XBOX.com , create your account ( Assuming that you don't have one.), If you already have done so, Stay signed in. In top search of XBOX.com , Search for the XBOX companion app, Go ahead and DL and install that app. (It will show up as the Console companion app).

XBOX APP - BETA FOR PC

XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION

Now, after you install both, Open the XBOX app, Make sure that you are singed in and that you Username appears at the top. Then, Do a search in that app for PSO2, It should pop right up, click the install button. The game launcher should instantly install.

Then open PSO2, the launcher will appear, and will self update itself which should take about 45 minutes or so. After that, You are good to go. See you in game!

I have already done all of that.

I've tried installing the game through the MS Store, through the Xbox App, and through the Tweaker. They all crash identically and randomly. My issue hasn't changed.

I'm already in dev mode (required for Tweaker install). I'm already fully updated.

Will just throw my own voice in on this but since the update on Wednesday i've experience random system lockups while playing PSO2 at certain times which causes my displays to go black and my system to hang until i force reset the thing. Had it happen twice in the space of 15min during the UQ that forced me to restart my system it's annoying me that i've no way of knowing what's causing it.

@Raiya said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

Will just throw my own voice in on this but since the update on Wednesday i've experience random system lockups while playing PSO2 at certain times which causes my displays to go black and my system to hang until i force reset the thing. Had it happen twice in the space of 15min during the UQ that forced me to restart my system it's annoying me that i've no way of knowing what's causing it.

Have you checked your crash dumps (using an application like WhoCrashed) or your Windows Event Viewer to see if there's an error message?

@Dri4974 said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

XBOX APP - BETA FOR PC

XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION

I have already done all of that.

I've tried installing the game through the MS Store, through the Xbox App, and through the Tweaker. They all crash identically and randomly. My issue hasn't changed.

I'm already in dev mode (required for Tweaker install). I'm already fully updated.

This kind of behavior is usually one associated with an Un-licensed copy of Microsoft Windows. have you activated Windows Yet?