Ok, so here are the results of what i have found. Good news overall.
So the problem was indeed the Nvidia driver 451.48, due to the fact that introduces 2 new key components into the driver:
- DX12 Ultimate graphics API, support for mesh shaders, sampler feedback, and variable-rate shading (VRS)
- Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling (Win 10 - May 2020 update)
Something either related to DX12 Ultimate OR Hw-A GPU Sch is causing problems (most likely Hw-A, because this new feature allows the video card to directly manage its own memory... which can cause trouble with old, or poorly optimized applications)...
Supposedly its disabled by default on the windows settings, however I'm starting to believe its toggle is not working properly. Just a bold assumption that was born from the fact that Windows 10 May 2020 Update has been the most bug-filled update YET. Article explaining in detail all known bugs from this update: https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-may-2020-update-biggest-problems-and-complaints
So... now for the juicy part... what did i do... step by step. (Please note that i also re-formatted my Games Harddrive using full-formatting)
- 1.- Uninstalled the game, just to make sure that i don't have any conflicting files that might have corrupted.
- 2.- Uninstalled NVIDIA drivers 451.48 using DDU Ver. 22.214.171.124 - First option (Uninstall then reboot) | https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
- 3.- Downloaded and installed NVIDIA drivers 446.14 - May 27, 2020 | https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/159884/en-us
- 4.- Re-downloaded PSO2 from the Windows Store.
- 5.- ???
- 6.- Proffit