PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday

@XYZTHEEND said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@Dri4974 My crash is exactly like yours. Game locks up then buzzing and then reboot. After my crash my bother disconnects a second later. This makes me think that the crash is caused by the game disconnecting.

Is it your whole internet that disconnects or just the game?

@Dri4974 My crash is exactly like yours. Game locks up then buzzing and then reboot. After my crash my bother disconnects a second later. This makes me think that the crash is caused by the game disconnecting.

And what is the error message your brother gets? 630?

You need to pay attention to the Buzzing sounds that your PC makes Before it crashes. How many times does it buzz? Is it a continuous buzzing sound? Or , Is it a series of buzzing sounds and if so , How many? To clarify, here is what might be the problem:

A - Bad Memory Sticks

Although a long beep can mean you have hardware issues, this doesn't necessarily mean that your hardware has gone bad. It could simply mean that it is loose or not seated correctly. Remove and replace your computer's memory securely in their slots to try to fix the problem.

If this doesn't work, and your computer has more than one memory stick, try inserting only one stick at a time; it could be that one stick has failed, while the other is fine.

B. Troubleshooting Your Chip

Your computer's motherboard has a BIOS chip installed for the memory and processing. You must remove the protective panel to actually view the chip and determine the manufacturer. Turn off the power and make sure your computer is shut down before pulling the protective panels to access the motherboard.

Write down the company name and perform a quick search to access the troubleshooting codes. Each company uses different computer beep codes to determine specific problems. Look for the continuous beep in the BIOS chip manufacturer troubleshooting guide to determine the issue. Typically, the beeps happen in a coded sequence. When you hear a continuous beep, it is possible that there exists an overheating CPU or another major issue.

After determining the problem, you can attempt to fix the computer yourself or you can take it to a professional repair service.

@DDDDLife said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

Snip

We aren't talking about hardware buzzing.

We're talking about a buzzing sound coming from the speakers if any sound was playing at the time of crashing.

@Dri4974 said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

Not sure what the error code was that he got, but will pay more attention next time if it happens again. I think it might be the game disconnecting but not 100% sure. Last disconnect my brother checked his web browser and everything loaded fine which leaves to believe its most likely the game and not our connection.

Snip

We're talking about a buzzing sound coming from the speakers if any sound was playing at the time of crashing.

Exactly, It could be Buzzing or beeps. and yes. It could very well be hardware related. The buzzing sound that occurs just before it crashes sound like.. a Diode or even a capacitor somewhere on your MB may have ran it's course. of course, you will get some Functionality out of it, but not anything proper that you are looking for.

@DDDDLife

I don't think the hardware has to do anything buzzing and pretty sure the buzzing has nothing to do with the root of the problem. The buzzing is more of a by product of the game freezing and crashing. To me the buzzing is the last bit of sound the game made before freezing but in a endless loop .

Snip

Exactly, It could be Buzzing or beeps. and yes. It could very well be hardware related. The buzzing sound that occurs just before it crashes sound like.. a Diode or even a capacitor somewhere on your MB may have ran it's course. of course, you will get some Functionality out of it, but not anything proper that you are looking for.

This has nothing to do with it.

The buzzing we're talking about is because the sound locks up.

Not sure what the error code was that he got, but will pay more attention next time if it happens again. I think it might be the game disconnecting but not 100% sure. Last disconnect my brother checked his web browser and everything loaded fine which leaves to believe its most likely the game and not our connection.

Try to see what the error code it gives is, it might help. It's possible his computer can handle the error but ours can't for X Y Z reason, so knowing the error might help figure it out.

Might also be that because your Gameguard crashes, it boots all other connections on the same IP because it thinks hacking was going on or something. Who knows. =/

Snip

This has nothing to do with it.

The buzzing we're talking about is because the sound locks up.

It has everything to do with it. if in fact its Not a Hardware problem , then its more than like a Software problem, For instance in cases like these , this tends to happen when you are installing a New driver or updated driver but you did not , or something happened that did not do a clean-reboot. ( This happens many times on UN-licensed versions of windows.) If that is the case, Try going into control panel. Look under Device manager, Try and Uninstall your sound driver , Then just have the Device manager look for newly installed hardware and re-install the driver for it.

I happen to also have this issue, the game runs fine for a few minutes, if lucky maybe hours. but then it crashes, the sound locks up, windows locks up, and it restarts without a BSOD, or a crash dump...

As of right now... just to make sure, I'm doing a full format to my hard drive pso2 was installed on, but i really doubt it was a bad partition table or sector that made the whole system to crash.

One recent event happened related to drivers and updates: Nvidia released its new driver enabling DX12 Ultimate...

it could very well that the driver is crashing the gfx card at hardware level... Ii will rollback my drivers and do a full 24 hour test right after the drive full format to see if that fixes the issue... which I'm almost 60% sure that is going to be the case.

You know what, I had an Nvida update for the DX12 that did my PSO2 game in. So more than likely that would be the cause.

Also, while you are at it. Try to also get a BIOS update That could really help.

You know what, I had an Nvida update for the DX12 that did my PSO2 game in. So more than likely that would be the cause.

Also, while you are at it. Try to also get a BIOS update That could really help.

My bios is up to date, and has been up to date ever since the release of the game for windows 10... so i can automatically rule that out. Also note here: i also have the May 2020 windows 10 update... just for other unknown variables. but i have also been running pso2 without a problem with this windows release.

like i said, im almost certain the driver is the problem.

Current Nvidia driver release: 451.48 - June 24, 2020

Downgrading to: 446.14 - May 27, 2020 Driver link: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/159884/en-us

Update, i just finished doing all updates and rollbacks, i will start testing my settings. i also installed the latest chipset drivers for AMD Ryzen AM4 platform... which had an update for Windows 10 may 2020 update.

Get chipset drivers here (AMD Ryzen CPU only): https://www.amd.com/en/support

So far so good... will keep this thread updated...

alt text