PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday

@Dri4974 said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@DDDDLife I didn't say I was technically inclined, I said you weren't. Your solutions in this thread despite numerous attempts to explain to you how things work were "check your thermal paste" and "check your wiring" despite, again, numerous attempts to explain those were not the problem. So like... please just stop?

While you are not that kind of person that wants to rule out every single possibility, I do, and have done so for many years. Also let me reiterate what you just posted :"Please just stop trying to help me. You clearly don't know how these things work, Did you see that? your imposition of how you clearly stated that you seem to know better. What is done is done. May you never find resolution.

@DDDDLife said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@Dri4974 said in PC crashes and reboots since update yesterday:

@DDDDLife I didn't say I was technically inclined, I said you weren't. Your solutions in this thread despite numerous attempts to explain to you how things work were "check your thermal paste" and "check your wiring" despite, again, numerous attempts to explain those were not the problem. So like... please just stop?

While you are not that kind of person that wants to rule out every single possibility, I do, and have done so for many years. Also let me reiterate what you just posted :"Please just stop trying to help me. You clearly don't know how these things work, Did you see that? your imposition of how you clearly stated that you seem to know better. What is done is done. May you never find resolution.

I have said in this thread multiple times that I had already verified my hardware with other, much more demanding games, and that PSO2 is the issue, not my hardware.

You kept suggestion things like checking my thermal paste, my wiring, disabling devices, and many other irrelevant and absurd things.

Just because you're trying to help doesn't give you a free pass. You've actively detracted this thread away from the issue we're having. Please stop, or I will have to ask GMs to make you stop. Go find other people to "help".

Bumping. There's still several of us in this thread experiencing this issue.

After roughly 200 hours into the game with no issues, my Windows Store install finally drank the Koolaid. The game crashed, and when the computer restarted the game began the process, without prompting, of deleting itself before my eyes. Since then, I've swapped over to the Tweaker, as many have, and I can say that I am also now experiencing the same problem.

@DDDife: Tweaker requires you to go through extra steps - including putting yourself into dev mode and permission granting steps. If you are a tech-savy person and ever had to call support for something, you understand how entirely frustrating it is when someone doesn't seem to listen or continually just tells you do to the same steps you've already done (at which point you usually ask to be escalated). I understand you are trying to help @Dri4974 - verily, anyone in this thread like myself at the moment, but admittedly reading through to this point feels a bit like when I had to sit on Xbox live support for four hours to get an account issue fixed years ago, only for them to delete it instead of fixing it on accident. I get your trying to cover all the bases on an issue you aren't even experiencing, and I can appreciate that, but don't be afraid to believe a person when they've said they tried something.

Everything is legit and registered, components are all still functioning properly with no crashes outside of those related to while PSO2 is active, temperatures are all at acceptable levels. The game will at times work fine, no problems at all - in the worst instance, I've been hard-crashed out of my computer twice in a row. Most of the crashes do not come with any sort of error report - gameguard or otherwise. Any audio experienced is distinctly the death knell of the sound output, not hardware screeching, BIOS beeps, or hardware klaxons. Internet doesn't go out for me- I've had a Netflix movie playing on my projector via a Roku on the same router as the hardwired computer. Crashes are entirely random - it can happen when it's the only thing on, it can happen when it's not the only thing on. It might not happen for a week, it might happen within 10 minutes of launching the game for the first time every day in the week. I once even managed to guess it was coming and kill the game through task manager before it locked everything up, saving myself a reboot. The two times GG did pop up a report option, I sent them in. Opening a menu, changing rooms, just standing there - the only thing that ever stays the same is that PSO2 is running. The only saving grace for it right now is that with Tweaker, the game at least doesn't delete itself and jettison my HDD into out space. At this point, I'm just assuming it's got to deal with the Microsoft Store - even though it might be installed through the tweaker, it does still have to interact with it after all - because I don't remember any of these sorts of issues when I tried to slog through the JP version 8 years ago.

@Dri4974 I'm not entirely convinced it's a specific game update that's caused it, although with how they've handled things so far it might be just as likely. The only difference for me compared to your issue is mine is always within 10 minutes - either my computer goes down with the game blazing, or it shoulders through it and I play (however long) problem free.

If anyone happens to shed some light on this, I'd love to hear about it - in the meantime I regrettably think that a good many of us may just find the answer requires us to wait for a different platform release (or slog through the myriad crashes we suffer in the interim). Heck, already waited 8 years, how bad is another one?

@KorbanGado They have yet to reply to my support ticket and it's been open for a month now. I doubt they care about this issue, since it seems to affect very few people.

@Dri4974 I'm sure, especially since they just announced the "New Update/Title" for 2021 and it's not something that directly effects earning money (tell you what didn't take a month to fix - that tradeable error with the Fashion shop. Still, gotta hope right? If nothing else, I sure hope that release doesn't function like burning garbage like this one did. So excited to play this with all my friends, and of the six or seven I got to download it two have had to redownload it, and only one plays it with any amount of regularity you could actually call them a player.

Actually managed to have it die whilst having Task Manager open - computer made no changes at all before it happened, no spike in CPU, GPU, Ram, Power, or HDD usage. Whatever causes it must cause it like lightning to stop it without any signs it's going to happen besides the audio fart.

@KorbanGado Yep. It's probably GameGuard behavior, because the way GameGuard works is, if it can't crash your game, it crashes your system. It's dumb.

I've had the same issues since the 24th as well. I can go 8hrs without issue or crash 3 times in an hour. Only with PSO2. Wonder what we have in common? I'm using a AMD Rysen chipset, Nvidia card, and I have a belkin n52te gamepad hooked up.

@Dri4974 have you been able to fix this issue? I really wanna play but I’ve been having this problem since release with all versions on PC