My SSD is shrinking with each uninstall and reinstall of the game.

I've been having so many problems with this game. Every day, sometimes twice a day, I have to uninstall it and reinstall it because when I log out, i'm unable to get the game to start again. The issue I'm having is that with each uninstall and reinstall, my storage available space is smaller each time. I currently have less than 100gb of storage on my SSD when I should have more than double that. I don't know what's going on. I already know about Tweaker, what I really need right now is some advice about how to fix the issue with my shrinking storage space.

Assuming your SSD is your OS drive, every time it breaks/you uninstall, it is putting files in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup\ .

From this reddit thread:

• "7zip can help you delete the backup files. Run it as administrator, browse to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup\ (adjust for your system) and delete the contents. ONLY the contents. Do not touch the backup folder itself, or any other files and folders in the WindowsApps directory. You do NOT fuck with the store. 7zip, when ran as administrator, lets you ignore the permissions issues and shows any hidden folders along the way. As long as you don't touch anything other than the backup files, you shouldn't have any trouble, and won't need to change anything."

Yeah I would recommend the above post. 7Zip as admin is a great way to get in there, without altering the permissions and screwing that up. But yeah it's still a really time consuming process, also I'm getting concerned about the amount of disk wear over time here with the rewriting of this so much.

This whole situation is getting out of control and it doesn't help that MS has been a total dunce on this launch. Sega needs to press MS to get their crap together, because this is gonna tank the game in the west, people will only put up with this for so long before they leave. In the last month, I've had more than the regular count of Windows Updates and I'm afraid to even apply them because that seems to be what causes the store to trigger and break the game every time. I've got my PC holding my install hostage a third time now, with yet another update I don't want to to break my game, but it'll inevitably do it. I shouldn't have to put off security updates to my OS because a game disagrees with it.

thank you so much. I"m going to try it. I"ll let you know how it works out.

@AndrlCh I dont know how to see the folder in 7zip of mutable files. So i used Treesize app to find the files. And i tried to delete it from Treesize but it always fails to delete. I think i dont have permission to delete it. I have over 600GBs of mutable files all from PSO2

@AHall1983 the mutable folder is hidden from me in 7zip. i have 600gbs of mutable files from this game on my storage drive.

Did you run it as administrator? Can't think of any other reason you wouldn't be able to see it with that

Another alternative is to set your PC to DEVELOPER MODE FIRST :

HOW TO SET YOUR PC IN DEVELOPER MODE

First, Open the Windows settings ( PRESS THE WINDOWS KEY + I} This will bring up this screen: alt text Click update and security.

alt text Then, from the left pane, Click "For Developers"

alt text Under Developer Features, Click The button to enable Developer Mode.

Now, Goto your PSO2 Game Folder, Which is Usually - C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup\

• Now click the MutableBackup folder and choose PROPERTIES, then Click SECURITY, From there Click EDIT- This is where you can now give yourself the required permissions to access that folder.

( WARNING, DO NOT MESS WITH THE MS STORE APP IN THE OTHER FOLDERS, FOR SAFETY'S SAKE ONLY MODIFY AND OR DELETE PSO2 GAME FILES!!)

Once you are done getting everything back into ship=shape, and have re-installed your game, go back and untick the option for developer mode.

Janet~

The fact that we are still dealing with these PC breaking bugs (features?!!?) almost a month and a half after launch just shows how little MicroSoft cares about fixing this.

They released Malware and they have no intention of fixing it.

Yep, they love to ignore the problem. This is partially Sega's issue but this being the one and only store to get it on is a huge problem that's going to bleed the player base away and wreck the game in the west. Mine just broke today for the third time and I'm debating how much I care at this point. I waited how long for this to come here, just to have Sega and MS disrespect the community like this? I mean come on.

At least some news would be nice. No AAA game dev should have this kind of trouble getting a distributor like MS to fix this, let alone one that partnered with them. Not trying to swing blame around here, this is mostly Microsoft's fault, but Sega needs to really really get under their skin about this. I'm definitely pressing them on social media about it every chance I get though that's for sure.

@AHall1983 said in My SSD is shrinking with each uninstall and reinstall of the game.:

Yep, they love to ignore the problem. This is partially Sega's issue but this being the one and only store to get it on is a huge problem that's going to bleed the player base away and wreck the game in the west. Mine just broke today for the third time and I'm debating how much I care at this point. I waited how long for this to come here, just to have Sega and MS disrespect the community like this? I mean come on.

At least some news would be nice. No AAA game dev should have this kind of trouble getting a distributor like MS to fix this, let alone one that partnered with them. Not trying to swing blame around here, this is mostly Microsoft's fault, but Sega needs to really really get under their skin about this. I'm definitely pressing them on social media about it every chance I get though that's for sure.

For the most part , This is NOT SEGA's issue. It's Microsoft the Last Patch Update did many computers in. KB4535996 cumulative update for Windows 10 is the culprit, causing game crashes , Unresponsiveness and even BSOD's. The Best thing to do, IF you have this update , Is to Uninstall it.

Thanks for the reddit post, I just had to delete like 200+ gigs of data from that folder. Now using Tweaker since Microsoft can't be bothered to make a stable launcher/store.