Crafting

So, I have been working on crafting. I am trying to figure out how to do it efficiently without massive meseta bleed. In order to make a weapon at +190 stat, it will take around 70-90million to do (sometimes more if luck is not with the craft). I am trying to figure out ways to chop this cost down. This can be done on 6 slot. A +200-205 can be achieved on a 7 slot, but getting to 7 slot and 8 slot is a really stupid endeavor sometimes. I dare not even comprehend higher than 8 slots (if it's even possible currently, and if so, it is so hard to get to that it would be extremely unlikely to remain there long with the nature of worthwhile crafting % chances and lack of preservers higher than 4 max). The issue with +200 plus stat is that losing a 7+ slot item is so devastating due to getting back to it.

Is there anything that anyone knows? It makes me feel that crafting in this game is not worth while and is so highly out of touch that it is not really worth doing most times. This is generally noticeable through the lack of strong weapons in decent circulation. Most players do not and have not and will not see higher than +130 stat. I know the crafting bench is coming sometime soon, but I am not sure what it will do to help stabilize possibility. I never played JP because I never cared to go through that awful experience, it would have just ruined the game for me.

You mean Affixing, right? Because crafting is a completely separate system we don't have yet.

@coldreactive

Correct me if I am wrong, but creating new stats on an item to make it a better item to meet the needs you are wanting to push, is that not crafting? Really seems like crafting. If it isn't crafting, this makes me feel Sega kind of forgot what the term crafting means. I would consider crafting that isn't making items more effective like affixing does, is not crafting. Could be because I am used to PoE and it's crafting. Affixing and Suffixing on rares is crafting. A base item is a base item, but the things on the base item that make the item extremely strong is the real crafting. I don't care how they label it, that is just the facts of how crafting works.

Crafting means making new items entirely from scratch, like "Custom Disks." Which can have different effects than the original version of the disk. (IE: Less PP Consumption on a specific Fire Tech.)

"Altering" or "Augmenting" or "Upgrading" is adjusting stats or making new stats on already "crafted" items.

@coldreactive said in Crafting:

Crafting means making new items entirely from scratch, like "Custom Disks." Which can have different effects than the original version of the disk. (IE: Less PP Consumption on a specific Fire Tech.)

"Altering" or "Augmenting" or "Upgrading" is adjusting stats or making new stats on already "crafted" items.

A Nemesis Feather +0 is still a Nemesis Feather at +35. All you did was make the base item better. It is not a crafted Nemesis Feather until it has affixes crafted to it to make it exceed it's base possible output. The things you make push your item to the limit are the crafting. A base item is a base item, even if that base item has been brought to, effective, "maximum sharpness".

I would only consider things like custom disks as half crafting. They are compliments rather than pushes, to boost base efficiency.

Augmenting is when you add affixes to your weapon to push the stats of your weapon up.

Grinding is when you upgrade your weapon's base stats via using other weapons to make your main weapon of selection stronger.

Crafting is not in the game yet and won't be in the game until August.

@Novaline Doesn't matter what crafting is. The real crafting in the game is affixing. Nothing will change my mind of this being fact.

@Dreadnaut227 said in Crafting:

@Novaline Doesn't matter what crafting is. The real crafting in the game is affixing. Nothing will change my mind of this being fact.

Then have fun being wrong, "augmenting" and "crafting" are two different terminologies with two different functionalities in this game.

@Novaline The way you see things will stunt your ability in this game through loss of recognition. Have fun with that.

@Dreadnaut227 said in Crafting:

@Novaline The way you see things will stunt your ability in this game through loss of recognition. Have fun with that.

You're talking to someone who came from the JP server and played there for 4 years. I know what I'm talking about, a shame that you don't. 😊

@Novaline said in Crafting:

Augmenting is when you add affixes to your weapon to push the stats of your weapon up.

Grinding is when you upgrade your weapon's base stats via using other weapons to make your main weapon of selection stronger.

Crafting is not in the game yet and won't be in the game until August.

This part is true crafting will not be out until August.

Augments are added to Weapons and Units. Augments are weapon and unit abilities reflected as [Body I (Melee Defense +10)], [Freeze I (Freeze Level 1)], etc.

When you attempt to use an item of Rarity 7? or Enhancement Level +1 or higher as an augmenting material, a window will appear asking you to confirm your selection.

You will need meseta and a target weapon or unit, as well as weapons or units that have Augments for materials. When adding more Augments than the target weapon or unit has, you can increase your chances of success by using an [Extra Slot]. When the enhancement is complete, all weapons and units used as materials will be lost.

When the target weapon or unit has Augments, the materials used must also have the same number of Augments or more.

An entire page dedicated arguing about terminology, kinda based if you ask me.

@Dreadnaut227 An 200 Power affix is horrible overkill at the moment but even then x7 shouldn't cost you 70-80m on a weapon due to Augment Factors. The only cost you are investing is for upslotting the fodder and that is mostly cubes.