Still no Acknowledgement of completed transactions not recieving AC In-game.

Going on 20 days since purchase for 100$, They took my money Still have not received AC for my purchase. Go read reviews most of the 1*'s are from not receiving what we paid for.

Have you called support? I had this issue multiple times after the game first launched on PC and a 10 min call to MS Support fixed my issue every time.

I was wondering about this, I don't think I'd heard of any new instances of this for a week or two now.

Perhaps the cause was resolved and there's just a few outstanding transactions left to investigate?

I have called and chatted Xbox, because Microsoft support does not support transactions within this game.

They refused refund and told me to complete a chargeback with my bank Which if I were to do a charge back that would more than likely make my account banned because the microsoft account/xbox account would hold a negative balance and I would not be able to make purchases/play

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/staysafe#topic6

What’s a chargeback, and why isn’t it okay? A chargeback refers to a refund processed directly through a bank or credit card company, rather than the retailer that sold the goods being refunded. If you encounter a specific issue with a game or otherwise have reason to request a refund, it should be approached through Microsoft. Chargebacks that circumvent Microsoft refund policies harm content creators and undermine the integrity of the Microsoft Store, and can be considered a form of fraud.

I spoke to Sega and they said at first to contact Xbox. Then responded with "Due to the amount of similar cases we have received, further investigation is being done. Please note that due to the complexity of this issue, it could take more time than usual to thoroughly investigate and provide you with a resolution. We ask that you please be patient during this time."

Since theirs quite a few of similar cases you should remove AC from the store or at least provide a warning.

@Miraglyth You know why people are not complaining about it? They already left the game They are waiting for a response Got a refund and repurchased and luckily that went through. Or they love the game so much and sega can do no wrong.

Not all transactions are having issues but considering Xbox limiting refunds when this does happen once you hit that limit you have no recourse other than getting your other transactions invalidated by having your account banned for a chargeback. IE if some one spends 700$ and does one more transaction that doesn't go through and they do a chargeback account gets banned and woosh the other 700$ is abandoned on a banned account.

Also I am not asking for this to be expedited, but atleast publicly acknowledge it.

@SinkingShip said in Still no Acknowledgement of completed transactions not recieving AC In-game.:

@Miraglyth You know why people are not complaining about it? They already left the game They are waiting for a response Got a refund and repurchased and luckily that went through. Or they love the game so much and sega can do no wrong.

None of these would preclude anyone who saw an AC purchase problem for the first time recently from speaking up about it as those before them did.

@Miraglyth said in Still no Acknowledgement of completed transactions not recieving AC In-game.:

@SinkingShip said in Still no Acknowledgement of completed transactions not recieving AC In-game.:

None of these would preclude anyone who saw an AC purchase problem for the first time recently from speaking up about it as those before them did.

Not every one posts on forums. Not every one who plays a game leaves a review.

There wasn't many people who spoke about it in the first place.

I'm not saying this is a problem that affects alot of people. Could be 5% or even 1% but the issue is theres no recourse to get it resolved. I mean shit Sega could very well just never respond to tickets or even deposit the AC that players rightfully should have from their purchase.

I'm not looking for everyone. A couple weeks ago we had a fair few people talking about and reporting problems where purchased AC wasn't appearing. More recently that number is a solid zero.

For a noteworthy flow to completely dry up like that, I don't think we can just assume that there's still a significant amount of people who've been affected in the last week but all of a sudden they've collectively decided to stop talking about it. Why would or should they, if that were the case?

So the "everyone" argument is mine: Not everyone would stay quiet when their real-money purchase didn't provide what was paid for. (Nor should they!) But lately, new cases (if any) have been. At the very least the optimistic possibility that new occurrences have stopped deserves hope.

I made some transactions through Microsoft Store for AC from my PC. I was trying to make purchases and come to find out my card had been blocked. Called Microsoft, was on the phone for less than 30 minutes, wait time was less than 5 minutes for customer service. Said he was gonna call me back in two hours, he did, and my card became unblocked. I don't own an Xbox, nor will I ever but I think it is safer to purchase things directly from the Microsoft Store website so you can dispute it with them.

I understand Microsoft and Xbox are together but sometimes companies do go through 3rd parties and such. In order to dodge this issue in the future, I suggest purchasing a virtual gift card from Microsoft or Xbox on the Microsoft website or going to purchase a physical gift card. That way you can always back track it to a receipt.

If you're playing on PC, Microsoft 100% does support microtransactions in this game. As I said, I have personal experience calling them twice.

If you're a console player though, yeah, Xbox would deal with it.

For better results i find that if you tell the support operative that you contacted SEGA about the issue and they they are not willing cooperator or communicate with you at all on the issue you will garner better outcome. And to be fair that is kinda what SEGA is doing according to people I know who had have the same problem SEGA basically told them it wasn't their problem and to deal with it. (Albeit more professionally.)

TLDR: Currently it doesn't look like SEGA is going to cooperate with you on resolving transaction issues, going through MS support is your best bet but be sure to mention that you have tried to contact and work with SEGA on this issue and they refused any and all cooperation and communication on the subject.

@Miraglyth said in Still no Acknowledgement of completed transactions not recieving AC In-game.:

I'm not looking for everyone. A couple weeks ago we had a fair few people talking about and reporting problems where purchased AC wasn't appearing. More recently that number is a solid zero.

For a noteworthy flow to completely dry up like that, I don't think we can just assume that there's still a significant amount of people who've been affected in the last week but all of a sudden they've collectively decided to stop talking about it. Why would or should they, if that were the case?

So the "everyone" argument is mine: Not everyone would stay quiet when their real-money purchase didn't provide what was paid for. (Nor should they!) But lately, new cases (if any) have been. At the very least the optimistic possibility that new occurrences have stopped deserves hope.

People are also not complaining about lewd symbol arts... does that mean no ones posting them any more?

@SinkingShip

If you're doing a charge back you dispute every charge to the company and submit the reason behind the charge back. What kinda idiot would charge back after dropping any sizeable amount and not request all charges be reversed.

It's pretty straight forward. Hi I'd like to request all charges with the last 30 days to Microsoft to be reversed. The reason being I didn't receive my purchase. Additionally by summiting this chargeback I'll also lose all my previous purchase as well. If they don't decide in your favor well you lost nothing and are still owed your purchase that will get resolved at some point even if it's months down the road, but 9/10 times they rule in your favor because obviously you make the credit card company money in the long run.

@ldoIatrous

That issue is different and doesn't apply, but for comparison I had the same issue. I was told the same thing albit I used chat support. It was not solved in 2 hours as I was told, and I had to contact multiple times to get it solved.

People are also not complaining about lewd symbol arts...

Yes they are. This topic has seen posts in the last week and as of this the Discord has one complaint of lewd symbol arts, one complaint of offensive symbol arts and one mention of being temp-banned from using symbol arts in the last hour.

That was really not a sensible parallel to attempt.