Story quest hardcore mode

@Morgothryuzaki said in Story quest hardcore mode:

Honestly,I have no ideas how you guys are doing this.

By using a low-level character.

It seems like Hardcore scales the hazards and enemies to your character level. This means you can take a level 1 character, slap on one of the bright-bladed 7* weapons like Zax that requires a stat to be 1, and have a pretty easy time.

@Morgothryuzaki I'm personally kinda lazy with the story, I figured to think smarter and not work harder. Sooo

I use a ranger at lvl 39( only neglected class) and braver/hunter at 75 depending what mission.

So with that, enemies are scaled down to my main class level while I use the best gear I can at that lvl(currently just some enhanced sigma wep I save for 13* food)

Makes it easier to kill bosses under 30 seconds.

On a side note, not sure if it's just the idea of dying and having to restart the quest that made me play worse in the past but I have a far easier time soloing the hardest difficulty quartz and various other bosses in the field, than in the story lol itself lol.

Question do the fights get harder as you level up? I retried fighting Profound darkness at lvl 72 on Hardcore but he was much harder then first time a fought him on Hardcore a few level ago.

Yeah they scale with your level. So to essentially beat him as easy as you beat him before, your dmg needs to be increased to accommodate

@Miraglyth I'm wondering if this works for every one. I mean, I'm stuck at the last three EP3 fights. Everything in those is level 80, and I started trying to beat them at level 52. Haven't been able to because they always 1 shot me.

EDIT: I just answered my question. Tried as a main Lv1/SubLv1 random classes and these are still level 80. So eventually OP will need a max level character with buffed everything and a good sense of dodging, as these have quite a bit of HP and hit very hard. I'd say harder than most I've experienced in my SH plays. All the rest of the Story HC fights are cake compared to these three, in my opinion. My main is currently 62 and I'm still getting one shot. I don't have saki level protection but I did put some care on my defenses (have a set and put some grinders on it). So I'm not a totally defenseless newb.

And worse is the fact that on two of these fights, dying once fails the quest and sends you back to menu.

The last two are always level 80, the one before that scale with your level. They are scaled for level 80 players in late EP3. They are doable easily for an experienced player, but might get difficult for someone who just started and suddenly sees the difficulty spike.

@Morgothryuzaki if you still have 1 class at lv1, but have a dex mag, cheese it with a 13* gunblade. Most things die quickly up until episode 3 due to level matching

@Macmaxi @VicariousBark18

Ahh ok, I was told there was no scaling system in this game, so that just took me for a loop when a reattempted that solo quest.

@Macmaxi From what I checked, from clown boss onwards it's all level 80. 4 fights in total. You fight against Lv 80 Clown boss and in that same skit without going back to the menu, you go against the main boss of that story, also at level 80. These fights can be continued if you die by using scapes.

Then at the end of EP 3, a sort of new story starts in the desert planet and in one skit you fight the floating orbs boss, level 80 of course, and lastly the boss that stays on one section of the place and sends a lot of mobs and other attacks at you, which is level 80 too. These last two allow only one death.

I kind of avoided using boss names to not spoil it much. Though I suppose many did these fights in normal mode already...

I used Dragon Slayer with potential damage that does 80%+ for normal slashes at lvl 40, and it was doing 15-25k damage per hit. So I didn't have problem, but yeah, doing it at low lvl does help better sometimes.

@LapisWave said in Story quest hardcore mode:

I used Dragon Slayer with potential damage that does 80%+ for normal slashes at lvl 40, and it was doing 15-25k damage per hit. So I didn't have problem, but yeah, doing it at low lvl does help better sometimes.

I think my grave mistake is to treat this game more or less like the old ones, thinking I can just slap in the biggest weapon I can get and dps away while trusting my dodging and only that. I'm yet to get into my mind that this game now handles itself more like your average MMO where gear and attack rotations now matter more than skill at avoiding damage.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Story quest hardcore mode:

@LapisWave said in Story quest hardcore mode:

I think my grave mistake is to treat this game more or less like the old ones, thinking I can just slap in the biggest weapon I can get and dps away while trusting my dodging and only that. I'm yet to get into my mind that this game now handles itself more like your average MMO where gear and attack rotations now matter more than skill at avoiding damage.

I think there is a difference in learning to become better and dealing with some AIs that just makes no sense that it is that strong to try and get S rank and it just is pointless.

Example: Apprentice Zia lvl 80 mode is just at the point it's pointless doing it hardcore right now. If people earned S rank, that's good for them. Not everyone feels the same of doing it necessarily.

@LapisWave Sometimes is just the satisfaction of completing something. to finally beat something that gave you trouble and you couldn't beat before. Sure, if based on AI, the fight can be cheesed, then there's less point in doing it. But if what it takes is for the player to learn the patterns and stuff, then it is a good win, even if it's against an AI.

As for this apprentice Zia fight, I don't think I've done that. Or if I did I don't remember it.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Story quest hardcore mode:

@LapisWave Sometimes is just the satisfaction of completing something. to finally beat something that gave you trouble and you couldn't beat before. Sure, if based on AI, the fight can be cheesed, then there's less point in doing it. But if what it takes is for the player to learn the patterns and stuff, then it is a good win, even if it's against an AI.

As for this apprentice Zia fight, I don't think I've done that. Or if I did I don't remember it.

Story's bosses have poor mechanics comparing to the actual UQ/Trigger fight, especially when people go casual mode or hardcore it at low level to ignore mechanics, or you just cheese it out as Summoner too.

People said they did fight for Magatsu and Luther in story mode, and yet they don't do mechanics properly in actual UQs. So it's hard for me to believe that they learned how to dodge and how to be better at the game. It's just benefit of the doubt there.

If people want to really learn how to dodge, do Extreme Quest: Heaven and Hell.