Story quest hardcore mode

@Morgothryuzaki said in Story quest hardcore mode:

I think that my problem is that I don't have enough PP to do the full rotations for my bow braver yet.. I looked it up,I got the Arts and know mostly the rotation. But I cannot figure out how to get those damn 200 PPs...

Ah... Don't commit to that kind of a rotation on an enemy that can close you out when you're trying to end on final nemesis. Thats asking to take a hit.

If you're using bows, I would garner mobility works better here than trying to commit to a banishing arrow combo.

@Morgothryuzaki

Also good armour helps, you can get brissa really cheap now. And you can get 13* weapn from the the new guy in the swap shot. Only takes 5,000 challenge points. You’ll get around 20,000 from running a challenge mission once, and what the game gives you from titles, for doing it once.

@Hooonter I won't lie. My damage IS there. I know I have been having some issues with taking the game more seriously though.This is definitely a fault of my own,guess I got so used to how brain dead the damn game is currently. Also I do have ONE issue with my damage,and this I will freely admit it. I HAVE NO IDEAS how to increase my PP so I can have these rotations that I see my class doing. I know I should be doing over 1 million damage in seconds,but my PP just doesn't allow that atm. I really need guidance on this.

I think that my problem is that I don't have enough PP to do the full rotations for my bow braver yet.. I looked it up,I got the Arts and know mostly the rotation. But I cannot figure out how to get those damn 200 PPs...

I mean, you really don't need any of that. I finished Episode 1 at level 50ish, with the Lion Bow I got from Magatsu. Most of the fight just involved me circle strafing around the room, firing off regular attacks to charge my PP, then hitting him with either Penetrating Arrow or Master Shot, and utilzing i-frames and jump canceling to maintain full speed and momentum, all while maintaing over the soulder mode and pegging him when he gave me an opening.

It honestly sounds like gear isn't your issue, but rather you simply need to learn how to literally play the game better - as in you're not utilizing your i-frames, jump cancels, or aiming while moving. If you're struggling with over the shoulder, utilizing Lock On. It's not the best, but it'll work in a pinch.

@Skyfir51 Well I have two big rotations,TheChase+Banisher+Final Nemesis for bossing( I mostly use it when I KNOW I can pull it off) And the other one requiring 7 penetrating but I just don't have the PPs for it 😞

@Blade-Syphon Not going to lie,that could be it. The game has been so brain dead that I could never really get better much....

@Skyfir51 Well I have two big rotations,TheChase+Banisher+Final Nemesis for bossing( I mostly use it when I KNOW I can pull it off) And the other one requiring 7 penetrating but I just don't have the PPs for it 😞

The thing about rotations in PSO2 is they really only work well when you have a party with you to ensure that you can actually pull off these combos without being punished for them.

When you're doing Story Mode, you're relying on AI that frankly is there just to look pretty. The concept of trying to pull off full DPS combinations and rotations when you have brain-dead AI (if you even have them in the first place) isn't going to really fly. Story Mode really does require you to think on your feet, and rely less on what you've learned in group content, and more on how not to die while killing the boss.

You are always going to have threat in Story Mode - the boss is always going to be targeting you. This means PA's like Final Nemesis are only going to work when the boss is temporarily downed, or you understand exactly when you can get it off during one of it's attack animations. If you're trying to pull off full combos and rotations like you would in a group setting, or in a traditional mission, you're asking to be punished for it.

@Blade-Syphon Ahh so that is why I am getting beat then,its not so much gear or me not knowing the boss,rather than it is me trying to just kill the boss ASAP with my usual tactics... That does make sense to me. I should probably try it out again and change my way of thinking these solo quests.

I recommend going away from using rotations or anything like that, with my RA i literally only used Impact Slider and used nothing else and that was enough dps to kill him in 40 seconds and i don't even have R-ATK gear. I'd prove that to you that it works with Bow just as easy, but i have no bow tree, so it took me 7 minutes of 10k damage pen arrows to kill him.

Works though, he can't hit you if you stay on range, not sure what you are doing, but face tanking the entire game isn't gonna work. Treat this more like action oriented games (because that's what it is) and not a tab targeting mmo.

You can permastun him and kill him instantly though too, so personally i'm scratching my head about what's actually wrong here.

@Blade-Syphon Ahh so that is why I am getting beat then,its not so much gear or me not knowing the boss,rather than it is me trying to just kill the boss ASAP with my usual tactics... That does make sense to me. I should probably try it out again and change my way of thinking these solo quests.

Yep. Thank you @Blade-Syphon!

And just for future things... it is a meseta commitment but affixing can be great to really stretch your limits. 200 is a hard number to get but I think trying to get more before then will help out in the long run. Not sure if this works with story or not, but you can take a photon drink before even starting the campship at the medical bay in the gate area. You can also hang on to Jerky (10 red meat and some meseta) at the Culinarian shop for an instant 5.. its not much but its there if it can help.

https://worldsojourner.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

@Skyfir51 The saddest part about all of this is that the game does a better job getting you up to speed with grouping content rather than showing you how to actually take on the game mechanics. I have a lot more to learn and this whole thread has made me want to approach this in a whole different way.

Honestly,I have no ideas how you guys are doing this. It was going so well until all of a sudden all my attacks went from doing 12-20k to fucking 2k. Then the camera decided to say fuck you and went wild and got me but fucked in two seconds with three 500 dmg hits. I'm staying at range,not even worrying about rotations. This is just taking forever and then he gets lucky and I die. I don't even understand WHY my damage went from so much to so little.......0

Nvm,got it this time in 5 minutes. Okay then no clues what had happened lol

I know I was also having a hard time doing the story mode quest on my Force. But I think that was due to my units being pretty bad and generally having weak gear. Though when I switched to my slightly lower level Techter things got easier so I'm thinking I just got to learn how to DPS with force.

@Xeruke I been mostly going through the fast ones with no issues now. Changing my approach changed a lot of thing. Only one that game me issues was the first boss of Ep 3,but only because of his multiple slash combo,the last hit always gets me SOMEHOW. That one I need to learn it better and that's definitely on me.