Buying costumes without scratch tickets

@Princesse-Jen said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

@Leonkh99 said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

Keep in mind... we are apparently getting a Battle Pass system...

Where did you read/hear that

What is a Battle Pass system? In the video game industry, a battle pass is a type of monetization approach that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items by playing the game and completing specific challenges. Inspired by the season pass ticketing system and originating with Dota 2 in 2013, the battle pass model gained more use as an alternative to subscription fees and loot boxes beginning in the late 2010s.

I do not care for this personally

@SaviorZero82 well many places really... we first found out bout it when the website and the online manual leaked a week in advanced. Furthermore, there's a Forum section for this specifically and the Battle Pass is in one of the blog posts on the website. https://pso2.com/news/blogs/arksmissions

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/51/battle-pass-daily-shop

@Leonkh99

Ah thanks for pointing me to that, sry I haven’t even looked over the rest of the site at all, I had look at Twitter and did not see anything about it, again thanks for the information

@SaviorZero82 said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

In the video game industry, a battle pass is a type of monetization approach that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items by playing the game and completing specific challenges. Inspired by the season pass ticketing system and originating with Dota 2 in 2013, the battle pass model gained more use as an alternative to subscription fees and loot boxes beginning in the late 2010s.

I do not care for this personally

I will say by that definition I'd be a bit mixed-- I'd prefer something less convoluted (you get the quests, you finish them and get the thing-- not the whole tier process and/or it being timed based) and not really limited/timed if I'm putting my money into it to get access in the first place.

I wouldn't mind it otherwise, but those would be the thing that ails me the most about it.