Buying costumes without scratch tickets

I think there should be a way for players to buy costumes/camos for the game without the randomness of AC tickets. I feel that in a Western Market that AC tickets are a bad idea and promote RMT and an unfair market. Not everyone is a fan of the gatcha type system and it would be worth it to pay a little extra to guarantee what you are getting.

That's what player shops are for. There are already a bunch of people planning to spend thousands of dollars on AC tickets to flood the market with costumes. So I suggest farming Meseta and get ready to buy while they are cheap because those whales will corner the market and set the market prices for a long time coming.

Yeah, that doesn't really work for me. If I want a certain outfit, I should have the ability to buy it. I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way. This feels a lot like loot boxes, and I think they were outlawed.

@ToxicViper7287 Micro transactions and loot boxes haven't been outlawed in either Japan or the US. Japan has a gacha fever that is literally a HUGE chunk of their industry over there. And in the US, even though there is a little more restrictions on it, it's not outright banned. And if you are playing from a country other than US or JP, you're not going by laws in the country that could ban them because the game isn't for that specific region. It's only for JP and US right now that don't have region locks.

While micro transactions and loot boxes suck at some point, yes, you're not paying any money for them in PSO2, whether in-game currency or real money. I mean, you can, but you can get free FUN and get cosmetics that way literally for free. Aside from that, you can still buy them from player shops if you save meseta in-game, which again, doesn't hurt your bottom line. Asking for more is literally wanting it to have free at this point for no effort.

PSO2 is literally one of the friendliest F2P MMOs out there for your wallet.

Even FFXIV (a pay to play) has RNG-heavy ways of getting glamour / camo items you want. Sometimes taking months or more to finally get it due to how bad the RNG is. As such, the player prices for these items are stupidly expensive.

@coldreactive said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

Even FFXIV (a pay to play) has RNG-heavy ways of getting glamour / camo items you want. Sometimes taking months or more to finally get it due to how bad the RNG is. As such, the player prices for these items are stupidly expensive.

Yes, that is true, but you can still buy outfits directly off of mogstation. I'm not saying get rid of scratch tickets, but please give us an alternative way to obtain them. Having outfits that you get from AC tickets (which are bought with real currency) that you can then sell in player shops for meseta, is basically RMT. Also, on another note, selling stuff should not be a premium only feature

@ToxicViper7287 Selling stuff isn't premium only. You can get 3 day pass's for free no money spent and even after 3 days and you still have items up for sale they will remain that way until they are bought or you take them down yourself.

I think there is something in the works that will help distribute a lot of the older cosmetics: outfits, cast parts, accessories, that haven't been revived much if at all through the Scratch system. it's that Mission Pass thing on the primary start/esc menu just below the ARKS Mission display. that or the Daily Shop thing that appeared in the menu above the AC Shop and SG Shop menu options

It's not going to be a perfect system, but it'll at least be something serviceable to help the NA server get caught up on the 8 years of cosmetics distributed via scratch cards I guess

@The-Question said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

@ToxicViper7287 Selling stuff isn't premium only. You can get 3 day pass's for free no money spent and even after 3 days and you still have items up for sale they will remain that way until they are bought or you take them down yourself.

I think you are missing my point. It shouldn't be restricted at all.

@ToxicViper7287

No I understand your point just fine. I'm just informing of ways to get around having to spend any real money to have access to it. If they don't decide to make the change on NA with this information you will at the very least know how to work around it.

@ToxicViper7287 said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

@The-Question said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

I think you are missing my point. It shouldn't be restricted at all.

I think part of why it is restricted is because it's not really a necessity. You don't have to sell things to play the game, there are plenty of ways to earn meseta otherwise, and if you REALLY want to sell things, there are ways to get passes otherwise and buying isn't restricted at all.

That said, going back to your initial suggestion, I would love to be able to buy a specific outfit for AC over Scratch Card rolling-- there is the Gold version (that costs 500 instead of the usual 200) that pretty much only has the outfit options in it, but there's still a chance you'll get the wrong one or the wrong color. A possible even higher option (I would guess between 700-1,200-- maybe about 1,000) to just buy that specific outfit when it may be the only thing you want would not only be a nice option, but would be pricey enough that I don't think it would effect the scratch cards that much.

A lot of people use them to make money or want enough items that they would roll anyway at the lower prices so it would be a really good compromise and possibly get some money from Scratch Cards from people who wouldn't normally bother otherwise.

I think I understand what your suggesting, let’s put it this way, they keep the scratch tickets like they are but they also off complete outfits via a fashion catalog these items tho would be tied to your account and you can not sell them unlike the scratch tickets also put a restriction on posting you new outfits to the in game fashion catalog where ppl go to vote on what ppl have came up with, now for the last draw back said cosmetics bought this way will mostly be at a higher price then said scratch tickets

Keep in mind... we are apparently getting a Battle Pass system...

@Leonkh99 said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

I'm thinking battle pass system may work into giving access to already passed costumes and camos that might not have any other way of getting into the game except with the battle pass. Also a way to cycle content that is no longer available on JP.

@Leonkh99 said in Buying costumes without scratch tickets:

What is a Battle Pass system?